USF vs Miami set for 3:30pm on ABC

Bull-by-Marriage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Days Won:  4

I think this has to be directly related to the CBS UF versus FSU 3:30 start time. Is our game deserving of a 3:30 time slot, probably not, but if you are a USF or Miami fan are you likely to watch the UF-FSU game? Probably. I think this has more negative impact on CBS’s ratings than if this game were played at any other time. Our game is not going to get big ratings either way so why not hurt the other guy.

I'm thinking you maybe worded that wrong ....?  ;)

I can't speak for TBBoC but I'm pretty sure he meant that if our game wasn't on at the same time, then a lot of us would be watching that game.

Ah .... I see that now..... Thanks for the interpretation.  8-)

That is correct....I do see my wording was confusing but that is what I meant, most college football fans in FL will watch FSU v UF unless their team is playing which I imagine UM & USF fans would include a good chunk of that audience. Plus UCF fans may have more of an interest in seeing UM beat USF.  :D

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I like the 3:30 head to head. But I do know many gator fans up here that are disappointed because they wanted to see USF beat miami. So ? The gayturds can still see the score and catch the highlights in ben hill so who cares.

• Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

i'll be giving up flying home for my whole thanksgiving break to go to this game.

bask in my superior fandome.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

i'll be giving up flying home for my whole thanksgiving break to go to this game.

Home is where the bulls tailgate is.

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

lol

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Nice. USF football at 2:30, Lightning hockey in Dallas at 7. This is going to be a great day. For me, anyway.

I had briefly considered coming back to Tampa for this game but I didn't want to end up in the upper deck next to the inevitable beer-soaked brawl when some scummy Miami fan broke out the F word in front of Likes-to-Fight-Guy. No, not that F word, the other one.

• Content Count:  16,844
  • Days Won:  45

I like the kickoff time as I really dont like the night games against teams like UCF and Miami. We all know how a lot of their fans can act, so I am glad that the game does not start too late. I was hoping for a noon game, but the 3:30 kickoff is good with me. Now, I just hope that USF can win one of these 3:30 kickoffs.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Chalk up another win for the South Endzone

Yep I can smell a South Endzone win... Thanksgiving weekend = low student turnout  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,785
  • Days Won:  6

I imagine that "only 1400 tickets left" does not include the thrid level allocation for students.  We have to assume those won't be used and should be put up for sale now.  It would be a shame to call this game a sell out when the cameras are on a third level that has 3 totally empty sections on the north end.  I like the 3:30 start on a holiday weekend.  Gives people time to get back from wherever on Saturday morning.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Somehow I guarentee the school in Gainesville will fill their entire student section with less than 10% of their students coming from that area.

With over 50% of our students from the bay area, and the biggest home game in our history...we'll fill it

Archived