chemebull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Two words: freshman quarterback

Two words: Cincinnati Rutgers

Cinci - Collaros is a RS sophmore

Rutgers - Granted he is a freshman, but Savage is almost 20.

By no means I am defending or excusing Thursdays performance, but having that much inexperience at a key position doesnt help, especially with play calling and understanding the offense. Yes Savage is a freshman, and he didnt perform that great either. If he was on top of his business, the score would have been much worse.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Two words: freshman quarterback

Two words: Cincinnati Rutgers

Cinci - Collaros is a RS sophmore

Rutgers - Granted he is a freshman, but Savage is almost 20.

By no means I am defending or excusing Thursdays performance, but having that much inexperience at a key position doesnt help, especially with play calling and understanding the offense. Yes Savage is a freshman, and he didnt perform that great either. If he was on top of his business, the score would have been much worse.

I stand corrected. Bad intel.

• Content Count:  22,216
  • Days Won:  48

READ/OPTION !!!!!1111  :-*

• Content Count:  1,757

RS Freshman QB!!! That is precisely why we need to drop the spread option as our primary offense and make it only PART of the scheme.  We had a 40lbs average weight advantage at the line.  They were spying the qb the whole game.  Please for the love of god line up in the i-formation, put in two tight ends and bust it up the f&"!@ng gut!!!!  When the d is blitzing, run plays can catch em with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

Instead Canales and Leavitt keep sticking to this gimmicky system that works when you out athlete the competetion (ie cusa and acc teams).  Unfortunatley the Big East is too talented and deep for this gimmick to work.  My buddy Joe said it best when he pointed out how teams with fast LBs can EASILY shoot through the big splits in our "spread eagle and let the QB take it in the ass" offense we're running. 

One thing is for sure... 

Daniels CANNOT be a one-man show! 

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Canales is garbage plain and simple. If you think otherwise you are a fool. He couldn't even keep a job at lousy Arizona.

• Content Count:  1,779

Couple of questions:

How long has USF been trying to run the spread option?

During that time was USF ever known as a high powered offense?

Do teams like TCU, Houston and Boise State really have better offensive weapons that USF?

I am not sure why Coach Jim Leavitt has a love affair with the spread-option, considering USF have never been good at it.  USF would be better served with a pro-style offense. It masks the run and the pass  and allow more athletes to make plays instead of concentrating an entire offense on the QB.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We used to run the spread like texas tech does, primarily passing.  4 WRs, quick passing and get guys in space to do something with the ball in their hands. 

Then when we had QBs who could not pass effectively we morphed into more of an option team.

Now we have become a read option team which is more run oriented, like the WVU spread used to be.

I think with the current personnel we can pass more like we did with Blackwell.  Instead we are running a little of both and doing neither consistently.  Or well.

• Content Count:  971

Didn't Chico state in the press somewhere that we had been preparing for the Rutgers blitz all season.  If so, that's a damning admission right there.  Either the team is not executing your plan or you are clueless - it has to be one or the other.  GB!

• Content Count:  1,757

Pre-CUSA (Blackwell era) was the last time we were dominant with the spread passing attack.  That works extremely well vs the Bowling Green type teams... The speed advantage was there.  Now enter BCS football... We are facing the best of the best in these BCS games.  Those speed advantages we used to enjoy just aren't there anymore. 

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

RS Freshman QB!!! That is precisely why we need to drop the spread option as our primary offense and make it only PART of the scheme.   We had a 40lbs average weight advantage at the line.  They were spying the qb the whole game.  Please for the love of god line up in the i-formation, put in two tight ends and bust it up the f&"!@ng gut!!!!  When the d is blitzing, run plays can catch em with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

I nominate Twillybull for OC

Archived