Talked to a player about the game

ExBCBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

Bill Stewart has NEVER been in demand, and likely NEVER will be.

that wasn't my point. my point was they can afford to pay doc holliday that because they spend $800k less on their HC.

I don't know if cuban knows but doc holliday is not their Oc. that's Mullen and he makes $247k.

UFs OC makes $210k.

It's not like our Oc is out of range making $202,600.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,867
  • Days Won:  494

I'm witchya...I'm just saying that Bill Stewart makes less as there is/was no market for the guy.

We may be low on dough  because there was a market for our HC and we paid up.  Whether that took money from the OC allotment or the controversial billboard allotment, I don't know, but clearly it has an effect on spending in other areas.

Who is UF's OC?  And why I have I only heard of their DC?  Is it because Meyer is an offensive minded HC?  We know Leavitt is defensive minded.

Just asking, I really don't know and until now have not cared.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

No one was complaining about the "raving Lunatic" after the FSU game.

Look Im not saying things are wonderful and that we didnt get outcoached.

We should have played better and those special teams mistakes should not have happened but with that said there are certain limitations that our team has right now that would not be fixed by a new HC or switching to pro style:

#1 Our QB is not experoienced or good enough right now to hit the qucik slant passes needded to keep the pressure at bay.

#2 Our WRS do not consistently run good routes and hang on to the ball.

#3 Our OLine is not good enough right now to open holes for RBs nor protect our QB from blitzes.

I will agree some of it is coaching, but a lot of it is inexperienced. We knew FULL well our OL would struggle this year and were counting on a SENIOR QB to help out. So instead we have a RS freshmen without experienced thrown into the game.

I would like to see improvements and these are it for now:

#1 Spend more money on assistant coaches specially on the offense side to bring in more experienced and proven guys. For that athletic department needs MORE money.

#2 I want to see improvemnts in OL, QB and WRs. If that doesnt happen its time for new assistant coaches.

#3 Leavitt has to be willing to turn over offensive decision to a GOOD experienced coordinator, if that doesnt happen  then he is putting it on his head.

In my book they get a pass this year due to the Grothe injury that added an unforseen additional problem. But patience is running thin. But right now USF does not have the money for any buyouts and to spend on a new QUALITY staff. hell we dont have money to pay for our current asistants and they are all paid at the bottom end of the scale.

BJ's inexperience is certainly a big part of the problem, but in my opinion there is a lot that has to go back onto the coaching staff.  It goes  deeper than just offensive play calling.  The overall player development on offense is absolutely atrocious.  It's not like we lost all the experience on offense.  At RB you have a fifth year senior and two 3rd year players.  At receeiver you have a 5th year senior in Hester, Mitchell is a 3rd year player that has been a big contributor since his frshman year, Bogan and Love have been in this system and have all been contribitors for a couple of years.  Hermann is a 3 year starter, Sims and Genus have played a lot of football in the last few years.  Busbee is a fifth year player at TE.  All this yet we can't find anyone that is capable of stepping up to relieve some of the pressure on BJ?  Seems there is a problem in the system if we have veteran players and everything still falls back on the shouders of the freshman QB to make prolific plays all the time for us to win. 

I would blame the inexperience of the QB if it was because he made an interception or bad decision on a few plays here and there that cost us a game.  But for the most part since BJ took over the offense has done nothing except the 2nd half of WVU.  Even in our wins vs Syracuse and FSU came down to a couple of big plays.

The bigger problem for me right now is that we have no one on the offense willing or able to step up.  If that is the case do we realistically expect thigns to get that much better next year just because BJ has another year under his belt?  The other DCs will still be able to take him away as the key to the offense. 

Who is UF's OC?  And why I have I only heard of their DC?  Is it because Meyer is an offensive minded HC?  We know Leavitt is defensive minded.

Just asking, I really don't know and until now have not cared.

Their old OC was dan mullen who was hired to be HC at Mississippi State this year.

Their new OC is steve addazio who makes $210k.

charlie strong their DC makes $310k.

They pay more but not much more than us for assistants.

Chico makes $203k so it's not like he isn't in the ballpark of the OC that runs a NC contender.

Thanks for the info..but which way does Meyer lean, offense or defense?

Thanks for the info..but which way does Meyer lean, offense or defense?

I guess offense but he's never been an offensive coordinator and he doesn't call the plays at UF.

he was a WR coach at ND before the Bowling Green HC job.

my guess is he has as much to do with running his offense as Jim Leavitt. Meaning he designed his offense but somebody else runs it. Obviously he knows how to design an offense.

I like our offense, I just think it needs some tweaks. Like running on the edges instead of constantly trying to run up the middle with a mediocre line.

I watched UF the other night and they rarely run up the middle. they are always attacking the edges with the run. pitches, toss sweeps, even shuffle passes out wide. we need to learn how to adjust and to attack a teams weakness. gameplanning can be horrid at times.

Maybe Leavitt can't see his own faults. Offense is not his strength. Maybe he just brings in "yes' men to run his offense. I don't know what it is but we are way too predictable. It's almost like we are running a wide open offense conservatively, if that makes sense.

Makes sense.

Just asking questions.

If I had my choice, I would have looked beyond Canales to see what was out there.  Maybe that happened, i don't know.

• Content Count:  6,774
  • Days Won:  19

USF can't pay enough for some coaches that could be great football assistants here (and it's not because we can't afford them)... That's what people on the outside don't realize (the fans), but it's common knowledge on the coaching circuit. How is it Rich Rod has been able to scoop away a lot of USF coaches over the last couple of years (and they haven't left him)? Why did Wally really leave? It definitely wasn't about moving to Iowa. Just my two cents... Speculate away... Bulliever... go ahead and scream at me for my anti-HC talk. It's nice to have a nice boss!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, the bottom line....win & good things happen, lose & have threads like this.

Something is obviously wrong, if you keep doing the same thing, expecting different results.....

Archived