OUR TEAM'S BIGGEST PROBLEM.....

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

special teams has been a problem since program's inception

WTF?  Are you kidding?  We put two placekickers in a row into the NFL.  The NFL adds like two placekickers per year.  We've had some great kick returners over the years. 

You can say special teams haven't been great this year, but you can't say we've had problems since the program's inception.

Even this year, I wouldn't say special teams have been a problem.  We haven't been burned by long returns or lots of blocked kicks.  We just haven't made a number of plays.  It's been mediocre.

special teams consists of more than place kicking ;/

right now our special teams *****... i can't speak for pre-2005

My reply was referencing pre-2005, as was the original post.  Thanks for your irrelevant input.  :)

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I love all the problems.  Want to know the problem?  The problem is we are just a college football team.  We are not a powerhouse, we are not past champions trying to win back glory, we are not a moving recruiting violation, and we certainly are not one of the top teams in the country that should be ******** about three losses.

I hate it, don't get me wrong, but we act like we are a perrenial BCS contender.  Just be happy we can all go to the games on Saturdays, (screw Thursdays), and watch our team win more than they lose.

Guest Scherdin

I love all the problems.  Want to know the problem?  The problem is we are just a college football team.  We are not a powerhouse, we are not past champions trying to win back glory, we are not a moving recruiting violation, and we certainly are not one of the top teams in the country that should be ******** about three losses.

I hate it, don't get me wrong, but we act like we are a perrenial BCS contender.  Just be happy we can all go to the games on Saturdays, (screw Thursdays), and watch our team win more than they lose.

+1 That's it right there. 

We all need to realize the '07 #2 ranking was a fluke and that we are not a championship (BE or BCS) contending team.  And that we are a middle of the pack BE team. I watched a lot of other games this weekend and saw fans and other alum cheering on the likes of Texas A&M, Miss St, Indiana and other middle of the pack team in other conferences. 

I finally got over Thursday's loss when I suddenly realized this, I recommend it...it's very therapeutic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,265
  • Days Won:  438

Blasphemer ....

• Content Count:  488

The biggest problem with this football team are the band-wagoners.  The self righteous, waste spewing, "drive-thru" results oriented, attention seeking, two faced, cretins who would do the macarena with a g-string on when times are great, but would join the rest of the vultures in bringing down the program, players, and coaches when things are not. 

And what motivates these simpletons?  Their own inadequacies. 

• Content Count:  66,199
  • Days Won:  172

WTF?  Are you kidding?  We put two placekickers in a row into the NFL.  The NFL adds like two placekickers per year.  We've had some great kick returners over the years. 

You can say special teams haven't been great this year, but you can't say we've had problems since the program's inception.

Even this year, I wouldn't say special teams have been a problem.  We haven't been burned by long returns or lots of blocked kicks.  We just haven't made a number of plays.  It's been mediocre.

big deal?

that was due to the individual talent of those 2 kickers and leavitt couldnt build on it

have you watched usf special teamsthe lastten years

• Content Count:  1,894

While I agree we need to come to terms with the team we can still beat the teams we lose too.

About this thread though,

We have a guy returning kicks who doesnt even sniff the field as any other position right? What does this guy do...if he was any good he would start as a wr, or he would be starting, or on defense if he was any good right??? I dont even know what position he is. He is terrible. I hold my breath on every punt we kick or try to return.

special teams consists of more than place kicking ;/

right now our special teams *****... i can't speak for pre-2005

My reply was referencing pre-2005, as was the original post.  Thanks for your irrelevant input.   :)

pre 2005

hohohoho  talk about irrelevant topic to this board

The biggest problem with this football team are the band-wagoners.  The self righteous, waste spewing, "drive-thru" results oriented, attention seeking, two faced, cretins who would do the macarena with a g-string on when times are great, but would join the rest of the vultures in bringing down the program, players, and coaches when things are not. 

And what motivates these simpletons?  Their own inadequacies.   

you must be new to usf football

the problems  the critics have pointed out have been ongoing for 10 years

• Content Count:  488

fifty thousand plus posts

yet i've added nothing of substance to usf football

my banter is as old as the "thousand year old egg"

Archived