Canales = Gregory

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

umm...we did lose the all time offensive leader in the big east to a redshirt freshman.

i think we need to save judgment on chico.  he spent the first 6 months of being hired...working with matt....he has worked with bj for what...2 months???

to compare him to gregory is premature at best

im saying the playbook is the EXACT same.

i do hate to see that bullcrap "play calling at the line" stuff.  i thought we were done with that when gregory left.  but chico is all about that.

to me that is STUPID.  we leave our OL down in their stance for atleast 15-20 seconds EVERY play and then we put the play completely on the OC up in the booth like he is some kind of offensive mastermind who can tell simply by how the defense lines up with 30 seconds on the playclock...that a certain play will work.

DONT THEY REALIZE that the other team knows we will change the play???

our coaching staff seems to think that plays that work in practice will always work in the game and thats what they stick with. 

I was DUMBFOUNDED...thats the only word i can think of to discribe it....when i heard that leavitt wasnt even playing the 1st team defense against our 1st team offense in practice up until 4 weeks ago......

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

umm...we did lose the all time offensive leader in the big east to a redshirt freshman.

i think we need to save judgment on chico.  he spent the first 6 months of being hired...working with matt....he has worked with bj for what...2 months???

i do hate to see that bullcrap "play calling at the line" stuff.  i thought we were done with that when gregory left.  but chico is all about that.

to me that is STUPID.  we leave our OL down in their stance for atleast 15-20 seconds EVERY play and then we put the play completely on the OC up in the booth like he is some kind of offensive mastermind who can tell simply by how the defense lines up with 30 seconds on the playclock...that a certain play will work.

DONT THEY REALIZE that the other team knows we will change the play???

our coaching staff seems to think that plays that work in practice will always work in the game and thats what they stick with. 

I was DUMBFOUNDED...thats the only word i can think of to discribe it....when i heard that leavitt wasnt even playing the 1st team defense against our 1st team offense in practice up until 4 weeks ago......

they have been running a scout team O that mimics the opponents offense to prepare the defense and vice-versa.

• Content Count:  236

and also i just thought of this in the shower:

we never got shut out under Gregory.  just sayin'

• Content Count:  246

It doesn't matter if it's the same.  You can't plan your football season around players getting injured.  One of these years we will put together an injury free season.  The coaches need to be given the opportunity to show what they can do without injuries changing their plans.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Come on people it's the same **** every year. We've been through 4 offensive coordinators since '04 and every year people keep blaming them.

At what point does everyone finally get it in the effin head that it's Leavitt's philosophy too?

Just saying. (and no Leavitt shouldn't be canned)

• Content Count:  993

I tried to be optimistic about Canales but I never could get over the fact that as horrible as Gregory was he smashed all of our offensive records, meaning the bar had been pretty low.

• Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah...um...check Chico's rap sheet at USF previously and at Arizona. Same output from the guy. Zero performance from offense. Chico is not the up and coming offensive mastermind we need. I was screaming for him to be fired when he was here last. All I kept hearing was he didnt have the talent he needed but we played crappy against teams with equal talent back then. Arizona fired the guy and we pick him up as an assistant....

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

the problems isnt with OC

it is with leavitt

usf needs a different offensive system

• Content Count:  19,532
  • Days Won:  24

I tried to be optimistic about Canales but I never could get over the fact that as horrible as Gregory was he smashed all of our offensive records, meaning the bar had been pretty low.

In other words, Gregory wasn't so horrible?  You contradict yourself.

Gregory was actually a very good coordinator from an Xs and Os standpoint.  Despite the criticism here when we didn't score on every single possession of every game.  His problem was his inability to keep his mouth shut, and throwing other people under the bus all the time (Grothe, among others).

• Content Count:  488

As I stated in the beginning of the season... the playbook is NO DIFFERENT.

I have seen the playbook with my own two eyes and asked questions about it. Response being, same plays as last year.

You can see how the actual execution of our plays is basically the same. Canales just calls different plays in different situations then Gregory.

WE HAD A BYE WEEK TO PREPARE AND HAD ABOUT 150 YARDS AND NO POINTS.

:wah :wah

Would you like Enfamil or Similac?

Archived