For those that want Leavitt gone, do you want us to lose the next three games?

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

CJL has done a fine job at USF and will continue to do for years to come. The problem lies with the fans who overrate the program. Folks expect USF to be USC which is unrealistic. You are what you are. We are a good football program in an average football conference, that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Finally, a voice of reason.  We are a good football program.  Every year we beat a I-aa, 2 non-bcs teams, a couple Big East teams, and pull out a decent win over a ranked team.  We're in the Big 4 for god's sake.  You can't expect more from a team than that.  The coaches have the players prepared every week.

I could not disagree more.  This is complacancy which will result in underachieving.

Jim Leavitt has always said, "our goal every year is to win the Big East conference", and doing so results in a BCS bowl.  Well, in 5 seasons in the Big East, we have failed every year. This has nothing to do with having USC like expectations; this is about not having achieved a goal that our own coach has set. 3rd/4th/5th place is not acceptable in my book, neither is going to Birmingham ad St Petersburg at the end of the season. Until more fans have the same attitude and not "well we're young and that's still pretty good", we will remain a mediocre, "pretty good" football program.

We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

I know this has been addressed in this thread and I will ask it again.  If you get rid of Leavitt, who do you bring in?  We are fans, of course we have the "right" to be upset after watching a game like that.  But don't you think the coaches and players feel even worse?  Hell, they were on the field getting spanked.  At least we (most of us) were sitting cozy somewhere watching it.  Bulliever has said it before, and I will say it again, if you want a change, money talks. 

If you feel we need better coaches, beef up the athletic budget.  I know it seems like a cop-out statement, but it is reality. 

I know what the announcers said last night, but really, this isn't the way we saw this year playing out.  This was Grothe's senior year and he got hurt.  As much as we thought our season was going to be ok with BJ after the FSU game, these past few games have shown he just needs some more experience.  He is playing like a freshman and the FSU game showed how weak they are.  We miss Grothe. 

• Content Count:  696

Grothe idn't have that bad of a game against Rutger's when he was a true freshman. BJ has already been around for a year last season so he was obviously more experienced than Grothe was when he was a freshman. At least Matt put up 20 points on Rutgers (although we lost by 2), and this was a Rutger's team that had Kenny Britt, Mike Teel, an Ray Rice. This was a pathetic performance, and BJ should be farther along than he is right now. It sucks that we are so predictable in what we will do on offense that the other team can blitz, blitz, and blitz and get results, while we eat dirt.

• Content Count:  81

CJL's salary is plenty to attract a quality coach.

Yes, BJ is a freshman and came in as a replacement for Grothe. Rutgers' QB Savage is a freahman - a real freshman, not a redshirt who had a year head start to study the playbook. Did you see him out there lost and confused most of the night? No. Cincy's QB came off the bench, too. What did he do? Rip our defense apart on his second play for a touchdown. Cincy instantly adjusted their playcalling to accomodate for a new player. Our coach's refuse to do the same. They stand pat and hope for the best. Did you see any better performance out of our QB than you did against Cincy or Pitt? No.

There is NO excuse for our performance against Cincy, Pitt, or Rutgers. Its bad game planning, bad motivation/inspiration, and bad execution. There is no improvement in sight or light at the end of the tunnel. Shame on Levitt and his staff for brining us so low.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

No.

Guest nybullsfan

took me a while to get signed in and reply this one...

for me, the genesis of this actually came after cjl's ridiculous demeanor during the rutgers game in 2007. I started a post back then about whether he was the right guy to take us to the next level.

2 years later, and i still don't think he has what it takes to mold these guys into champions. He's getting better recruits, but the mental errors are still there. penalties, loss of concentration, etc. before the game, i said the key was preparation, not emotion.

our lack of proper preparation, and our overabundance of mis-placed emotion lost us this game

against cincy and rutgers, we were out-coached, plain and simple. sciano and kelly are better coaches than leavitt. wannstadt may or may not be, but his players were better than our players that day.

talking the other day to a notre dame and usf fan (yah, he's a strange duck, lol), and told him that if he really loves nd, he should root for them to lose their last three, so they can dump weis and get a real coach

If we lose to the ville, miami, and uconn, we're also more likely to increase the calls for leavitt's moving on.

that said, i would HATE to see us lose ANY game for ANY reason. i want us to go undefeated every season,

but...

sometimes you have to take a little pain now to solve the bigger problem. lance the boil to save the foot, so to speak.

no, i don't want the bulls to lose, but i do want leavitt gone. i want a better coach, one who can make the next step to a big east, then a national, championship.

one who knows how to comport himself in a professional manner. a lot of people on the board like to complain about sciano running down the field in his white socks with his clipboard banging his butt, in order to complain to the officials.

yah, sciano is childish, and personally i think he's a d*****bag. but cjl doesn't look any more mature when he goes off on his rants.

in the end, i want preparation, not emotion, and i haven't seen that from leavitt. he should resign "to spend more time with his family" at the end of the season, rather than continue being the laughingstock of the league.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

CJL has done a fine job at USF and will continue to do for years to come. The problem lies with the fans who overrate the program. Folks expect USF to be USC which is unrealistic. You are what you are. We are a good football program in an average football conference, that's all, nothing more nothing less.

this is a great...

the reason we got trounced by Rutger on national TV is becuase the fans have inflated expectations.

all of u clowns talking about expectations need to wake up and realize that 98% of people on this board are looking to COMPETE FOR A BE TITLE. No1 expects us to win it every year but it would be nice to be in a position to go for it every year.

How can you say we are "good" in an average conference? Our best ever record is 4-3... while teams are going 7-0 and 6-1

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,057
  • Days Won:  488

Hey! Who's No1?

austin_powers_in_goldmember_011.jpg

To want to lose games to get rid of a coach is ridiculous.  Sheriff.  Ugh..

• Content Count:  1,261

We are a good football program.  Every year we beat a I-aa, 2 non-bcs teams, a couple Big East teams, and even pull out a decent win over a ranked team.  We're in the Big 4 for god's sake.  You can't expect more from a team than that. 

I think I'm in love<3

• Content Count:  246

I love you too man.

Archived