For those that want Leavitt gone, do you want us to lose the next three games?

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly don't know where I'd like to go...(besides Rockaway Grill on Clearwater Beach) with Jim Leavitt.  He, and his staff, could disappear and I wouldn't care immediately.  I truly believe that a young "up and comer" would have this team prepared more than the "clown show" has this team prepared every week.  Although, I am worried that we are not able to lure a decent coach to USF.

We are in an extremely precarious position because we don't have huge money to offer to potential top tier coaches, but at the same time, we can't accept any more of Clown Show Leavitt (CSL) and his staff.  Would Charlie Strong come to USF for around the same salary that CSL is making? 

Once again, Leavitt had 12 days to prepare his team for Rutgers, not Florida, Alabama, or Cincinnati...it was freaking RUTGERS... starting a freshmen qb.  Did I miss the memo?  Was Rutgers' defense the #1 rated in the country?  How about in the Big East?  For all you CSL slappies...this is unacceptable, and has been far too common in the last three years of conference play.  When was the last time we went on the road and won a game we were even or underdogs?  You can check it... but it's been a while!!!

We'll beat Louisville.  Maybe we'll even beat Miami.  There's no way we beat UConn.  I say we finish 7-5.  I'm happy that we're going to a bowl, but once again... are we 31 points worse than Rutgers? Are we 27 points worse than Pitt?  Are we ever going to be able to play a competitive game on the road in the Big East?

It's time to move on.  I love where CSL has taken us, but it's obvious he's not going to get us over the hump!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  696

Jesse Palmer said it best tonight..."USF is 16-16 in conference play, you can't use the excuse that this is ayoung program anymore, the fans down in Tampa expect wins and to be contending for the BE Championship every season with all the talent this team has". The announcers hit the nail on the head all night with how many people feel. It's ridiculous that we will probably finish 4-3 in conference play...again, and finish 4th in the BE...again. Something has to change, and with a lot of seniors starters leaving this year, we might be in for a long season next year also.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

CJL has done a fine job at USF and will continue to do for years to come. The problem lies with the fans who overrate the program. Folks expect USF to be USC which is unrealistic. You are what you are. We are a good football program in an average football conference, that's all, nothing more nothing less.

• Content Count:  153

CJL has done a fine job at USF and will continue to do for years to come. The problem lies with the fans who overrate the program. Folks expect USF to be USC which is unrealistic. You are what you are. We are a good football program in an average football conference, that's all, nothing more nothing less.

A .500 lifetime record in an "average conference" is not a "good football program".  We just got shut out after having more than a week to prepare for one of the below average teams in this conference.

To expect a team to go on the road and beat a team like Rutgers is not overrating the program.

• Content Count:  246

Finally, a voice of reason.  We are a good football program.  Every year we beat a I-aa, 2 non-bcs teams, a couple Big East teams, and pull out a decent win over a ranked team.  We're in the Big 4 for god's sake.  You can't expect more from a team than that.  The coaches have the players prepared every week.

• Content Count:  10,270

Come on it was rutgers not UF we were playing, and I would maybe be ok with the loss if the team didn't look like they were playing there

first football game ever.  

I might put this one more on Chico.....another OC that has to go.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Finally, a voice of reason.  We are a good football program.  Every year we beat a I-aa, 2 non-bcs teams, a couple Big East teams, and pull out a decent win over a ranked team.  We're in the Big 4 for god's sake.  You can't expect more from a team than that.  The coaches have the players prepared every week.

This is what the fans expect, rightly or wrongly.  We still have Louisville next week, and bowl eligibility is still viable. 

If, and I say that with trepidation, we manage to beat Miami, it will ease some of the pain from this horrible game played last night.  Insofar as UCONN is concerned, I really have no expectation as to us pulling a win out up there with the weather and our history playing a UCONN in their house.

• Content Count:  246

This is what the fans expect, rightly or wrongly.  We still have Louisville next week, and bowl eligibility is still viable. 

If, and I say that with trepidation, we manage to beat Miami, it will ease some of the pain from this horrible game played last night.  Insofar as UCONN is concerned, I really have no expectation as to us pulling a win out up there with the weather and our history playing a UCONN in their house.

I'm sure the coaches will have the team ready for Miami.  The players will be fired up.  We can beat UL and UCONN and tie our mark for best conference record at 4-3.  Canales will have a good gameplan in place for each of these games.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm sure the coaches will have the team ready for Miami.  The players will be fired up.  We can beat UL and UCONN and tie our mark for best conference record at 4-3.  Canales will have a good gameplan in place for each of these games.

bigworm, I hope you are right.  I'm just not as optimistic as I was prior to this game.

• Content Count:  7,693

I'm not calling for Jimbo's head... sure the buck stops with him and he needs to hire a **** Special Teams Coord. (I directly blame him for our special teams problems) but I blame the Coordinators instead.

If our payroll in my department at USF doesn't get processed then its not my bosses fault its mine for slacking off, sure my boss will get the blame from HR but at the end of the day its my fault. Same thing with the Bulls and our inconsistent offense.

Archived