Coach Leavitt

outrunner

What is your view on Coach Leavitt's position?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This is just one loss. USF was on the road in a hostile environment with a Freshmen QB, without their star WR and playing against an improving Rutgers team that always plays USF well.

We'll get them next year.

That's the spirit.  You can't expect a freshman qb to be able to execute Canales' complex offense in a sold out, hostile, cold, windy stadium.  The coaches had the team prepared.

:ROFLMAO   Rigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhttt>  Listen I got some waterfront property for sale in Arizona I need to sell...You interested??

He's being sarcastic.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I've been a supporter of Leavitt, though I am staring to get a little impatient

HOWEVER (...And i know it sounds like excuses, but...)

- We did lose our 4 year QB, and how have a RS-Fr replacement.

- We lost our kicker.

- Our O-Line are mostly underclassmen (which was our most questionable position(s) way before coming into the season... and it showed last night)

Because of this:

IF

- We win against Miami  - or -  Win our last BE games.

I think i would be satisfied.

- Win out (both Miami and the rest of the BE games) and finish 9 - 3.

I think our season would be a success.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,867
  • Days Won:  494

The Big East coaches picked us 4th (4 points ahead of Rutgers) - of course they don't know as much as people here.  Nonetheless, we're in danger of not finishing 4th now.

They picked us 4th before the issues you mention, like losing a 4 year starting QB.  But hey - don't make excuses.  Those coaches, like Leavitt aren't as smart as us.

If there is anything left to salvage it is the Miami game.

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

Coming into the season we knew OL was a problem.  We got beat on the OL and that was half the battle.  The result was that BJ felt the heat all night.    MG had elusiveness that neutralized poor OL play more.    That was his biggest asset from day one.    We are feeling the pain of no MG.  He was a special player.    BJ has plenty of talent, but he may never be close to an all time Big East leader like MG.  The people that chanted BJ when we still had MG healthy were nuts.       

Anyone that thinks CJL hasn’t done great things hasn’t been around long enough or just doesn’t live in the real world.    It was not that long ago that we were looking up at UCF.    The early success we had is largely why we are in the Big East as they, UCF, languish in CUSA.    UCF has had football much longer than us and they have a bigger enrollment.    Want to trade?  Besides where could you find a coach that is anywhere close to being as entertaining as CJL.  When he ran out on the field banging his chest making the ugly mean face I thought with pride now that is a Bull.  Even when the team is having an off night others need to watch out cause our coach can kick butt and take names.    CJL, “Mr. Bullâ€, is the USMC of college coaches.  Hooo Raa!

Beside all that once CJL's buyout is considered we have no money to even hire UAB's coach.  We are lucky to have CJL.  Lets hope we can recruit some additional solid OL players to stick in front of BJ and give him a chance to show his talent in the best light.

• Content Count:  1,043

I love the RS freshman QB excuse. lol. Tom Savage is a TRUE Freshman... Zach Collaros is true freshman....

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Coming into the season we knew OL was a problem.   We got beat on the OL and that was half the battle.   The result was that BJ felt the heat all night.    MG had elusiveness that neutralized poor OL play more.    That was his biggest asset from day one.    We are feeling the pain of no MG.   He was a special player.    BJ has plenty of talent, but he may never be close to an all time Big East leader like MG.   The people that chanted BJ when we still had MG healthy were nuts.       

Dude, where have you been the past three years? Matt Grothe was apart of the past three collapses. Grothe would have help better prepare this team? Rutgers would have killed Grothe like they have the past three years. The problem is not at one position. The problem is the leadership of the program.[glow=red,2,300] They've been preparing for Rutgers since last spring.[/ glow] Extra work on blitz package. And you get a result 31-0 butt kicking on national tv.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,867
  • Days Won:  494

I believe Collaros is a REDSHIRT Sophomore.

But that logic is faulty anyway.  You're saying because Savage is a freshman, all freshman should be as good..well hell, they should all be Timmy Tebows than huh?

• Content Count:  959

The Big East coaches picked us 4th (4 points ahead of Rutgers) - of course they don't know as much as people here.  Nonetheless, we're in danger of not finishing 4th now.

They picked us 4th before the issues you mention, like losing a 4 year starting QB.  But hey - don't make excuses.  [glow=red,2,300]Those coaches, like Leavitt aren't as smart as us.[/glow]

If there is anything left to salvage it is the Miami game.

They may not be, for real--- The Leavitt staff that is

• Content Count:  19

For the first time at the University of South Florida, Coach Jim Leavitt's highest paid assistant will not be the defensive coordinator.

New offensive coordinator Mike Canales, who received a $50,000 raise after being promoted from wide receivers coach, is USF's top paid assistant at $200,000, followed by new defensive coordinator Joe Tresey ($190,000), according to salary figures released by the school.

Let's save 200K and let Joe run the offense. 

Where is Snow college anyway?

• Content Count:  1,528

I voted for CJL to be fired after the season. I love the guy for what he's done, but I think he's taken us as far as we go. Same things year in and year out.

Unfortunately, we are not going to buyout his contract so we are stuck with each other, and these threads and frustration of most of us, will continue for years to come.

Archived