Coach Leavitt

outrunner

What is your view on Coach Leavitt's position?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,564
  • Days Won:  2

I would say give him next season but whats the point, more of the same.

I would be ok with Tressey as the HC but only if he brought in a new OC that was fresh.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,043
  • Days Won:  0

After embarrassing the university on national tv his seat is officially hot. If we had the money to buy him out it would be hotter. He is the 2nd highest paid coach in the Big East but he is definitely not worth that kind of money. No way. He works hard and helped build our program, but he is just too incompetent to get us to the next level. 31-0 to Rutgers? Please.

• Content Count:  164

He was on the hotseat for me after the Cincy and Pitt games, but a 31-0 game is just plain humiliating. The door can't hit him in the backside hard enough. I am officially on the bandwagon for the first time.

Guest Scherdin

I've tried to be optimistic the last couple of years, even more so this season with BJ and some of the other injuries and youth we have.  But we are getting beat or embarrassed by the same schools.  Which means RU, UC, and Pitt are seeing things that we don't seem to be fixing.  That is a coaching problem.  It's one thing if it one game, but this is 3 and 4 years in a row. To have this many days to prepare and to come out and look as flat and uninspired as we did is just unacceptable.  Again that has to do with coaching and motivation.  CJL makes a lot of coin, and frankly I'm not seeing the results.  We are undisciplined and lack focus, instead of his rants maybe he and his coaches should focus their time and attention on making some half time adjustments instead of coming out with the same plays that don't work.

I know I'm kind of new to group here, and I hope those who have read some of my posts know I try to be realistic and practical.  I just don't see any other way we can move forward with CJL running this program.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Gotta be on the hotseat at this point.  We aren't showing any improvement in BE play, we are only a .500 team since entering BE play.  Our offense is setting all time worse records.  We were made a laughingstock of a program tonight when ESPN found it more interesting to put a 12 year old kid doing air guitar than to show our offense on the field.  The announcers pretty much called us out as a joke and a team that plays with no heart.  That is the second time now on Thursday night games.  Last time, vs Cincy, they were asking the question if Leavitt the guy to take us to the next level.  

As much as I like Jim's personality and want him as coach, something needs to change with this offense or he needs to take the blame for it.  It is becoming a real joke.  

• Content Count:  46

It amazes me that there's a sudden outcry for Leavitt's job after tonight's game.  For those of you who truly watch every game... this game (minus the ridiculous amount of turnovers) wasn't much different than every other conference (road) game Leavitt has coached in the last three years.

Leavitt has outstayed his welcome in Tampa...and there's no saving him any more.  I don't care if USF wins out. 

His destiny has been determined by his piss-poor conference record, and the pathetic way his team looks in every conference road game.

He has worn out his welcome in Tampa.  Sorry Jim... best of luck.

• Content Count:  35

I say clean house. Or the nightmare seasons will continue. Worst part of it is we are deceiving recruits and they will soon catch on.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This is just one loss. USF was on the road in a hostile environment with a Freshmen QB, without their star WR and playing against an improving Rutgers team that always plays USF well.

We'll get them next year.

LOL. I don't think too many ppl will get the subtle sarcasm in your post. I get it though, since Cinci beat us with a RS Freshman at home in front of a hostile crowd as well.

that rutgers is an awfully awfully good ball club..............................................yeah right coach.

to answer the topic, he should be fired at the end of the year, but that isn't going to happen so I have no clue where this program should go.

• Content Count:  246

This is just one loss. USF was on the road in a hostile environment with a Freshmen QB, without their star WR and playing against an improving Rutgers team that always plays USF well.

That's the spirit.  You can't expect a freshman qb to be able to execute Canales' complex offense in a sold out, hostile, cold, windy stadium.  The coaches had the team prepared.

• Content Count:  6,502

That's the spirit.  You can't expect a freshman qb to be able to execute Canales' complex offense in a sold out, hostile, cold, windy stadium.  The coaches had the team prepared.

:ROFLMAO  Rigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhttt>  Listen I got some waterfront property for sale in Arizona I need to sell...You interested??

Archived