Awesome... We're in melt down mode!

The Sheriff

The comment was lost on you.

That's not what I said.  And in fact, we did get off the plane.  I saw the team on TV.

To explain, when RMC was on the guillotine, he tried desperately to turn things around, pulling off a few big wins here and there.  But every step forward was met with a push backwards.

Applying that to today's football scenario, I am suggesting that it will be hard for the direction of football to "get better" with the current injuries and any more.  Losing Mitchell was not good.  I saw Love go down, not sure if he returned.  But losing another top receiver would make it more difficult for Leavitt.

So, we could be seeing something that those of us that have been around have seen before - where a coach gets into a bad position and then finds it hard to get out of as bad things continue to happen.  Hence, the "snowball" comment.

Does that help?

there are a ton of factors making it more difficult on leavitt, starting with our cheap ass school not wanting to spend money on the staff but unloading a ton on the HC.

like you said problems are piling on top of each other and the moment we get a big win (WVU) we get slapped back to earth.

Not sure why you think USF is a "cheap ass" school.  CJL negotiated his contract - which included a significant increase in the assistants pool.

If you think they are hiding money somewhere, please request the budget. It's a public record. Then tell us what cushion you look under to find a couple million quarters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

My whole take on this, is that there is absolutely no discipline or respect on this team. When have you ever seen a successful team argue with themselves, have a temper tantrum against your teammates, yell into the face of a coach who is trying to get the best from you, and then just give up and quit because you are losing? Too many thugs, not enough team players. This is not the streets! This is D1 football, of which you are getting your education and R&B paid for. This team is doing what they want, when THEY, want, and to hel* with anyone else. This is a coaching problem. I would much rather lose with players who gave 110% than what we have now. Mouthing off in the papers is what this team is all about...ALL TALK,No action. Typical Thug mentality. The good teams don't need to pimp, or mouth off talking smack. They just go out and do it, because it is expected. This is where discipline comes in. It is something these players never recieved at home...maybe That's the REAL problem!!!

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

we are always out coached and there is no reason to be out coached when we pay top dollar for coaching. 

we are not surprising anyone anymore with an elusive qb... our o line is terrible... our defense has nothing to play for if the offense sucks...

time for a change

• Content Count:  6,774
  • Days Won:  19

Thugs when championships Reaper... I'll take the thug life. Choir boys end up at Notre Dame with St. Charlie... Give me the thug life!

Archived