This team cannot drive the ball on offense

Bulls Are We

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,205
  • Days Won:  48

I am not sure we will ever be good on offense until we get RBs as a threat.  I realize the O line is young...  Something has to give.  I mean you go on the road in a tough game...  Don't you have to run the ball?  Especially in bad weather up north like we will have to do year in and year out?  

I guess I have never been a fan of this kind of offense.  We've seen different players, different coaches and it is ineffective in too many games and we have nothing to go to.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,269
  • Days Won:  2

I'm starting to think Gregory was better than Canales. I bet he is laughing his *** off at us right now.

Yes, he would be laughing at US, the posters that wanted him fired.

I think we wanted him fired and replaced with somebody better not the same or worse.

Actually I think Gregory had more points a game than Canales if anything we got a downgrade.

• Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

One screen pass to Wilson and it gained 37 yards but, never to be used again. One quick slant to Love for 40 yards but, never to be used again. Not one single play action either.

Canales must be an idiot.  Even a Pop Warner coach knows you keep running a play until the other team stops it.  Two years ago Rutgers was blitzing like crazy and Gregory was sending four receivers 25 yards down field.  You beat the blitz with extra protection and you run quick plays to the outside or behind the blitzers.  It's football 101.  It's embarrissing.

I am not sure we will ever be good on offense until we get RBs as a threat.  I realize the O line is young...  Something has to give.  I mean you go on the road in a tough game...  Don't you have to run the ball?  Especially in bad weather up north like we will have to do year in and year out?  

Our O-line outweighs their D-line by 50 lbs per person and we don't try to run.  Does that make sense?

• Content Count:  488

Do you guys ever think that our offensive linemen are not built for run block?  Yes, they're big, but perhaps the coaches do not think run blocking is their strength or the offense's strength.  Maybe that is why we have the offense that we have, rather than a power running attack.  Or perhaps we don't recruit OL known for their "power" run blocking, because we run a spread or read option (whatever the heck it is). 

Besides, those talented run blocking OL are hard to come by.

If changes are to occur, the coaches need to change the whole system.  West coast, Power Running attack, or maybe even a Run Option, like G-Tech.  And recruit guys that would fit into that system.

After the season of course.

You're right.  This O-line is not designed for a power running game.  But, when you weigh 50 lbs or more than your guy on defense, you should be dominating him.  You should be able to control the line of scrimmage when there is such a large size discrepancy.

• Content Count:  10,269
  • Days Won:  2

Our oline can't block for running and passing they are only good for taking up space it seems.

• Content Count:  1,779

The players are only doing what they are coached to do.

In order to sustain a drive you have a to be a well balanced team running and passing, unless you passing game is you running game. Unfortunately USF isn ot quite sure what to do.

• Content Count:  1,292

Our coaches still have no idea how to use Lamar. Here's a tip guys, go to youtube.com and watch all 8min of Lamar's highlights and emulate! The coach at Hillbourogh knew that you have to get him in space, throw screens, put him in the slot, and pitch the ball to him out of the backfeild but, our D1 coaches just can't seem to figure it out......laughable!

That's what I always wanted to use him in the space like Reggie Bush.

• Content Count:  246

The players are only doing what they are coached to do.

In order to sustain a drive you have a to be a well balanced team running and passing, unless you passing game is you running game. Unfortunately USF isn ot quite sure what to do.

The coaches had the team prepared.  Leavitt can't get on the field and make the receivers catch the ball.  Canales cannot use the whole playbook because BJ is a freshman, he needs more time to show us what he can do.

Archived