Offensive coaches continuing to do what doesn't work

RichmondBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guys,

more _____!!! Come on. It's obvious none of you really played or coached football beyond some high school.

The Rutgers D-line did a great job getting pressure on Daniels because our Oline let them hold their positions.

They were dropping 7-8 into zone coverage and filling those zones in our lanes. I'm sure more screens and slants were called but the Rutgers defense prevented them from being executed. I can think of two broken plays that were intended to be slants off my head.

This all happened because the running game couldn't get going.  Which again wasn't the coaches fault...the Rutgers defense was just great.

• Content Count:  66,199
  • Days Won:  172

These coaches don't have a clue how to make adjustments.  Rutgers D is doing the same thing all game and we keep running the same ineffective plays.

For the novices, what should USF be doing?

taking BJ out of the game and stop trying to force the ball DOWNFIELD... put their offense in a better position to succeed... please don't act like there is nothing that could be done.

it was evident bj didnt have it early and he never got it

why not go with number #2 qb?

• Content Count:  10,564
  • Days Won:  2

Guys,

more _____!!! Come on. It's obvious none of you really played or coached football beyond some high school.

The Rutgers D-line did a great job getting pressure on Daniels because our Oline let them hold their positions.

They were dropping 7-8 into zone coverage and filling those zones in our lanes. I'm sure more screens and slants were called but the Rutgers defense prevented them from being executed. I can think of two broken plays that were intended to be slants off my head.

This all happened because the running game couldn't get going.  Which again wasn't the coaches fault...the Rutgers defense was just great.

So really its just the offense we have sucks in less words.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It begins and ends with the oline and they were the suck last night

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Guys,

I don't know Joe, did Canales abandon the run too early because we got behind?  or just couldn't do anything off of it?  On the first few drives we were moving the ball positively on the ground.  Not huge yardage, but 3 to 5 yards a pop.  When we ran some quick timing routes hey were working early.  It seemed to me it was when we dropped BJ back and he had to let plays develop and read is when we got into trouble because the protection broke down.  There were also a couple of balls that should have been caught so execution plays into it early.

These coaches don't have a clue how to make adjustments.  Rutgers D is doing the same thing all game and we keep running the same ineffective plays.

leavitt does like to stick to game plan

our offensive scheme doesnt allow for major adjustments

we basically have a handful of plays

Guys,

when didnt our massive oline blow their guys off the ball

or

why didnt we throw quick strikes---slants or crossing patterns

Guest Scherdin

You want to help neutralilze some of the blitzes, you use screens or slants.  We get beat by them all the time.  I can't remember the last time we used any of these. 

Our O looks like a high school offense, we should use our mobile QB as a added wrinkle, not make it the focal point.

Archived