Thanks B. Fisher!

T-Man

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,804
  • Days Won:  213

We agree that this is Leavitts call regardless.

What I may not have conveyed is that I am only asking that fans give BF the same consideration you would give anyone else. Odds are slim that he can even come back for starters so those fans would be taking a very slight risk by acting more less decent to this individual.

You can HATE how he acts all you want but had he never played for USF, you would never have given the slightest care what was going on simply because you would have never known about his situation.

A USF star player is somewhat famous. And for this reason, any mistake they make is suddenly played out in the press like some major news story. Meanwhile-- 1000's of dead beat dads (and worse) walk the streets in anonymity.

That is simply my opinion-- not an attack on anyone in particular.... and I cannot stand having to write that this is an opinion because it should be UNDERSTOOD.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• Bull Matrix

• smazza

• MikeG

Guest turkey shizzler

anyone who thinks brian fisher couldn't have improved this offense and special teams this year, or next, is demented. the guy is a playmaker no matter where he lines up. of course, he's not the playmaker at rb that the great andre hall is, and he's only a stopgap answer at QB. but as a slot wr and pr-kr, he would have been the best on the team this year and next (excpet when hall is returning kicks). if fisher was used exclusively at receiver he would have led the team in catches this year, no question. to say that a bunch of true freshman who have been erratic would have driven him down the depth chart is STUPID.

now that the truth has been resurrected, brian and usf both need to move on. wish him luck and wisdom because he needs it. off the field he is clueless.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

This guy Jim Terry Is a big fat loser.  I work at the apartment complex that Fish lives in and when his rent wasn't turned in on time I got this crazy call from who, Jim Terry! The guy was nuts talking about "please tell Brian that I called you, this is all my fault" He explained that he was supposed to be giving the money for his rent and that it was perfectly okay with NCAA rules (RED FLAG AT THIS POINT).  Then he explained he wanted to set something up for all his guys for next year and he would be in VERY soon to talk business...Have yet to see this guy.

Well I tracked down Fish and explained the situation and he seemed like he didn't know what the hell was going on, so I take the opportunity to talk to him. I told him it was unfortunate that he couldn't be with the team and that we could use him out there.  You could tell he misses it, all he could do was look at the ground as if he were ashamed.  He then went on to explain how there are a lot of "INDIVIDUALS" out there and I tend to agree, he was one of them at one point but I think he really had the desire to win as a team.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

MIKE G your comments are UNDERSTOOD by me.   The poor kid is shooting pool in our community room the other day, what a waste of god given talent.

He'll be back, he wants to come back, I know he does.  He knows he made some mistakes but those were personal mistakes.  He didn't steal from campus residents or throw a brick through a police car window (FONTANA '99 Holla' if ya hear me).

His problems were his own to deal with. HE, over any former USF "Criminal" deserves a chance.  Selmon Jr. got his, and probably didn't deserve it but we know why he got that chance.

Guest S.  Bien

turkey...Fisher would have been used well this year.  The point was next season.  Now that he's gone other players have begun emerging.  By next season the WR position will be pretty packed and difficult to find a spot in, and the RB position is solid.

However, we sure could use some of his electrifying punt returns.

C, Terry is a bad dude.  We need to make sure he stays away from USF, and our players.  Nothing he does is legit, and he effects others with his mistakes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Where would you play him?  

Punt Return and Slot Receiver.

Guest turkey shizzler

brian could make a good contribution to usf football next year IF he managed to negoitiate his way back onto the team, whcih won't happen. but yes, being away for a year while other guys assume roles he might have filled would make it harder for him. as a player you gotta love the guy, as a person, he needs to take command of his life. maybe he has a future in arena league, could make a decent paycheck there for part-time work.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

usfmikeb posted-We've got the tools, now we just need a better gameplan...

we need alot more tools that are faster and know how to catch,throw and tackle.

we are not even average