Thanks B. Fisher!

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Fisher helped us win a couple games last season by giving the offense a different look and a spark.

The entire team is down this year and you shouldn't lay that at the feet of any one player.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• Bull Matrix

• smazza

• MikeG

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Fisher helped us win a couple games last season by giving the offense a different look and a spark.

The entire team is down this year and you shouldn't lay that at the feet of any one player.

I don't think anyone is laying the blame on this season with one player, however PJ surely could shoulder some.

In fact, with the departure of Fisher many worried that we would be void of a playmaker, and instead something special emerged.  We found out that Andre Hall isn't just a good running back, he could possibly be one of the best in the nation.  Johnny Peyton is emerging as a big time threat, so is Jackie Chambers, and JB Garris.  Also, Billy Henderson looked great coming back.

We've got weapons, and when we really were unsure about what we had, and the reason for the uncertainty was Fisher's departure.  He made some bad mistakes and jeopardized this team.  If he had 2 or 3 years of eligibility left I could see bringing him back, but we still have a lot of holes to fill, and our jump in competition level is going to be massive next year.  We need to build for the future and not bring in a gimmick player for a little help in the off-season.  

A win, win would be for Leavitt to discuss this with Fisher then go about helping him get into a 1-AA program.  He would do well at FAMU, or BCC.  He could still play immediately, and would likely make more of an immediate impact, and would be closer to home.  Brining him in  for one year, even if he came in the spring,  I would be shocked if Fisher would see more than 10 plays a game.  It would be a sad turn for a player that will always be remembered for his OT heroics in 2003.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

We need Fisher because we need a good punt returner that could bring it to the house. Right now, I believe USF does not have any player that can return a punt for a touchdown or return a kick off all the way. In past years, USF was spoiled with Rubin and JR Reed. I want Fisher back because he would be a great X factor. And the beauty of it is that many teams would focuse on Hall next season which will open up more opportunities for Fisher. Lets not forget that Fisher had a hell of a game against Bama and Pitt. He has proven that he can play against good competition.

Guest S.  Bien
We need Fisher because we need a good punt returner that could bring it to the house. Right now, I believe USF does not have any player that can return a punt for a touchdown or return a kick off all the way. In past years, USF was spoiled with Rubin and JR Reed. I want Fisher back because he would be a great X factor. And the beauty of it is that many teams would focuse on Hall next season which will open up more opportunities for Fisher. Lets not forget that Fisher had a hell of a game against Bama and Pitt. He has proven that he can play against good competition.

Well as a punt returner he would be a welcomed addition.  However Chambers has started to look pretty good in that spot, even had a few nifty runs in the Cinci game (one of the few bright spots).  Concentrate on Hall?  So where are you planning to put Fisher when teams are concentrating on Hall.  This isn't basketball where teams can key on one scorer then another one sneaks up and gets thirty.  This is football if Fisher is in the game, and Hall, then you're saying we're benching someone at WR.  So do we bench Peyton in lieu of Fisher, or is it Chambers, or maybe Garris?  Don't forget there's a good chance Terrence Jones will be joining the team this spring, and Billy Henderson will be 100% healthy- p.s. Henderson beat out Fisher in the spring at RB, i.e. he's a better RB.  A lot of talent but very few balls to go around.  Now if Fisher was 5 inches taller and could pass he might solve a whole heap of problems this team has right now.

That's the problem, and actually a good predicament, this teams got a ton of good skilled position players on offense (now if we could get a QB to deliver them the **** ball we would be fine).  To bring Fisher back I just don't believe he would overtake anyone presently starting.  Thus it would relegate him primarily to punt returns (which isn't all that bad he was a good punt returner).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,804
  • Days Won:  213

I'll leave that decision up to Leavitt-- and leave it at that.

BF could come back and return kicks or any number of other things. The kid was there for us when we needed him and now that he needs us, we have fans who would rather trash him and blame him than just give him the same opportunity others get.

I don't know where he fits exactly but like I said-- this is for CJL to decide. Our opinions will not be a factor at all. Odds are slim that the whole Florida Tropics BS is going to pan out to the positive side anyway. If that is true, I can see him playing a little arena ball-- the guy has got some serious ability. Undersized but plenty of ability.  

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

the tropics site was moved to floridatropics.org. still hasn't been updated to show results of games scheduled as far back as five weeks ago, but the site's still running. new update shows two players signing "pro contracts" with the Kissimmee Kreatures of the National Indoor Football League. I'm thinking that league is so big that players don't even have to pay to be in it.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

I know most people on this board are perfect, but what happened to second chances?   Fish would be welcomed back with open arms by the team.  He is a playmaker.

I am not against second chances.  I am against a team that has some holes to fill, and needs to develop young talent for a very major jump in competition next year, taking a one year schollie player.

If Fisher can practice during the spring then maybe, but I would hate to pass-up a sound HS talent to try and give Fisher another try.

By the way Mike, Leavitt gave Fisher ample time to get his situation cleared up.  All spring and summer Leavitt tried to work with it, and was subjected to torment, and scrutiny over it.  This isn't like we turned our back on him, its more like time to move on.  This program isn't sititing in nuetral waiting for Brian Fisher to get aboard.  I would love to take Fisher as a preferred walk-on in the spring and if he makes the team, and a schollie opens up then maybe Leavitt adds him to a scholarship in the fall (which is what's likely to happen), but to summarily give him a scholarship in hopes everything is completely cleared up in his past is foolish...  particularly since it could take as long as six months to clear-up his eligibility issue.

As you stated Leavitt's the best judge of this, and what he does then I stand by it.  I just wouldn't do it if I was in Leavitt's shoes.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

SBien, I like that preferred schollie idea.  There are always 2-4 HS recruits not making it.  I don't see a problem getting him on the roster.

SBien, I like that preferred schollie idea.  There are always 2-4 HS recruits not making it.  I don't see a problem getting him on the roster.

Probably the only way to do it anyway.  It will take months to clear up his eligibility with the NCAA, and why waste an early scholarship on him if he turns out to be ineligible.

This way they can see if he's worthy of a scholarship in the spring.  If he's wallowing on the bench, and our present company outshines Fisher, then the coach can decide in August if giving him a scholarship is warranted.