We won by 1 (MBB)-Anybody Go??

Jewbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It was a bad performance by the basketbulls. Looks like McCullum has another bad year to endure.

Did you go to the game?  Can you be a little more indepth?  From the score, it looked like our defense might have had a problem.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TripleB

• Velcro

• Markeymark

• bulls96go

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

we won

how bad could it have been

sheriff- was it fans you heard or static

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

http://sfajacks.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112004aaa.html

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Stephen F. Austin men's basketball team dropped its season opener Saturday night, 76-75 to South Florida in Tampa, Fla. despite Marcus Clark's game high 25 point effort.

Clark led all scorers in the game with 25 points, including a 10-10 night at the free throw line. The Marshall, Texas junior was one of three Lumberjacks to finish in double figures in the game with Anthony Paez adding 14 and Josh Porter tossing in 13 for SFA. Terrence Leather led South Florida with 20.

SFA shot .472 (25-53) from the field while the Bulls connected on .511 (23-45) of their shots. South Florida was 8-11 (.727) on three point shots with Brian Swift knocking down five of five three point shots in the game. Swift had 19 points on the night.

The 'Jacks outrebounded South Florida 29-24 for the game with Hank Rivers and Taylor Moore leading the way for SFA with seven rebounds each. Brandon Brigman led South Florida with eight boards. Paez added six rebounds for the 'Jacks.

Clark had a career high with 25 points in the game and was 7-16 bfrom the field and also added two assists.

SFA committed only 12 turnovers in the game while forcing 14 South Florida miscues. The 'Jacks were 20-20 at the free throw line for the game.

South Florida was 22-28 at the free throw line, taking advantage of 24 fouls whistled against the 'Jacks. Leonard Brown fouled out of the game in only 12 minutes of action.

SFA returns to action Tuesday night, at home, against Concordia-Austin. Game Time is set for 7:00 p.m. in the coliseum.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I actually stopped going to games last season b/c it was too difficult to sit there and watch the train wreck. Anything has to be an improvement over that. Although with Swift at PG, I'm not exactly holding my breath..maybe MAC should think about developing the freshman guards since there seem to be a lot of them.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I sat through the "train wreck" as you put it, and enjoyed watching my bulls fight 'til the end.  It was tough, but i wouldn't miss it even if we went 0-27.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I sat through the "train wreck" as you put it, and enjoyed watching my bulls fight 'til the end.  It was tough, but i would miss it even if we went 0-27.

As long as they're fighting to the end, I'll be there. I think they'll do that with Mac.

I would have liked to have seen some of Montavius last night, though .............

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

is he still injured?   I believe dennis is still sporting a sprained knee as well.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

is he still injured?   I believe dennis is still sporting a sprained knee as well.  

I believe I read where Waters was cleared to play but Dennis probably wouldn't .......

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

great fans

i think you will be rewarded for you loyalty with more wins and more competitive games

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Jewbull:

In response to your comment about the minimum $2,000 gift to purchase seats in the lower level, all but about 8 seats in the lower level are sold.  We can't force people to attend but once we made the announcement of joining the Big East, the few seats that were available were sold.  There is a very high demand for these seats and not enough to go around.  Just thought I'd make sure you had all the facts.  Go Bulls!

Eric