Schiano is Classless...

crambone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Stop playing joke of teams, schedule a FSU or Auburn.  No more Delaware State's etc. 

No more Delaware St or USF, right?  USF is in the same category as FIU, Howard and Texas Southern as far as RU is concerned.  RU has won the last 3 games against USF and the score gets worst each year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I assure you, the people that matter at Rutgers don't look at USF as another FIU, Howard, or Texas Southern.

• Content Count:  645

4th and 13 on your own end of the field, up by 2 scores and you do a fake punt?  Nice.

Stay classy.

If you has a clue about the game it wasn't a classless move.  Rutgers was on Army's 39, which was too far for a FG and too close to waste a punt.  Being up by 14 point in football isn't a blowout by any means.  In fact Army scored the next drive to cut the lead to 7 points. 

I've come to realize some BE foes (USF, SU and Uconn) will always find fault with Rutgers regardless of the situation.  In the case of these BE foes perception gets in the way of reality or truth.

Waste a punt???  WTF does that even mean?  If you punt there are you "using" one up and can't punt agina, like a time out? 

If you don't want to punt, then don't punt, but man up and run a play and not some fake punt.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Stop playing joke of teams, schedule a FSU or Auburn.  No more Delaware State's etc. 

No more Delaware St or USF, right?  USF is in the same category as FIU, Howard and Texas Southern as far as RU is concerned.  RU has won the last 3 games against USF and the score gets worst each year.

Nice use of stats, they have two wins by a combined 5 points (I wont even begin to talk about how many points the BE refs took off the board from us), and one blow out win.

But comparing the argument I made, that USF and RU are pretty **** similar in comparison, we will look at the last 4 seasons (05-08). Head to head its 3-1 in favor of RU.

USF 6-6 (4-3), Losses at Penn State, at Miami, and bowl game vs NC State

RU 7-5 (4-3), Wins over Villinova, Navy and Buffalo, Losses at Illinois and bowl game Arizona State

USF 9-4 (4-3), loss at KU, win at WVU, bowl win over ECU

RU 11-2 (5-2) Bowl win over Kansas State

USF 9-4 (4-3) Wins at Auburn, vs WVU, loss to OU in bowl

RU  8-5 (3-4) loss at home vs Maryland, only BCS team outside of Big East

USF 8-5 (2-5) win over KU, at NC State, bowl game

Ru 8-5  (5-2) losses at home vs UNC, Fresno State, at Navy

Total records:

USF 32-19 (14-14), 2-2 bowl games, 0 BE champs

RU  34- 17 (17-11) 3-1 bowl games, 0 BE champs

Hell of alot better!

Nice use of stats, they have two wins by a combined 5 points (I wont even begin to talk about how many points the BE refs took off the board from us), and one blow out win.

But comparing the argument I made, that USF and RU are pretty **** similar in comparison, we will look at the last 4 seasons (05-08). Head to head its 3-1 in favor of RU.

USF 6-6 (4-3), Losses at Penn State, at Miami, and bowl game vs NC State

RU 7-5 (4-3), Wins over Villinova, Navy and Buffalo, Losses at Illinois and bowl game Arizona State

USF 9-4 (4-3), loss at KU, win at WVU, bowl win over ECU

RU 11-2 (5-2) Bowl win over Kansas State

USF 9-4 (4-3) Wins at Auburn, vs WVU, loss to OU in bowl

RU  8-5 (3-4) loss at home vs Maryland, only BCS team outside of Big East

USF 8-5 (2-5) win over KU, at NC State, bowl game

Ru 8-5   (5-2) losses at home vs UNC, Fresno State, at Navy

Total records:

USF 32-19 (14-14), 2-2 bowl games, 0 BE champs

RU  34- 17 (17-11) 3-1 bowl games, 0 BE champs

Hell of alot better!

Better than USF and that's what matters between the two.

I assure you, the people that matter at Rutgers don't look at USF as another FIU, Howard, or Texas Southern.

You're right Rutgers doesn't look at USF in the same light.  It's who's your daddy?

4th and 13 on your own end of the field, up by 2 scores and you do a fake punt?  Nice.

Stay classy.

If you has a clue about the game it wasn't a classless move.  Rutgers was on Army's 39, which was too far for a FG and too close to waste a punt.  Being up by 14 point in football isn't a blowout by any means.  In fact Army scored the next drive to cut the lead to 7 points. 

I've come to realize some BE foes (USF, SU and Uconn) will always find fault with Rutgers regardless of the situation.  In the case of these BE foes perception gets in the way of reality or truth.

Waste a punt???  WTF does that even mean?  If you punt there are you "using" one up and can't punt agina, like a time out? 

If you don't want to punt, then don't punt, but man up and run a play and not some fake punt.

IMO Rutgers should have punted, but knowing Schiano he felt Rutgers could get a cheap 1st down and continue to run clock and maybe score.  Also, at that point in the game Army's offense was under wraps by Rutgers defense.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I dunno, I'd just as soon go for it instead of rolling with a fake punt. I think you give up more momentum if you go for the fake and don't get the first down, instead of just trying to convert the 4th and 13, which is unlikely to begin with.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Lets get it on!!!!!

• Content Count:  645

Stay classy.

IMO Rutgers should have punted, but knowing Schiano he felt Rutgers could get a cheap 1st down and continue to run clock and maybe score.  Also, at that point in the game Army's offense was under wraps by Rutgers defense.

And that is exactly why the original poster said what he did.  As you stated, Army's offense was under wraps, you were up 2 scores, and you run a fake punt.

Archived