All charges dropped against Mompremier

bullballer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Julmiste and Hunnicutt!  The state attorney hasn't been able to locate Randy Jackson so they dropped the grand theft charges against Julmiste and Mompremier, and the petty theft charges against Hunnicutt.  This opens the door for them to come back to USF.  Will they? and what will their status be (freshmen, sophomore)?

Guest HowieP1

That's good to hear.

I don't know their current status, but here is what was written in a St Pete Times article back in September in the event charges weren't filed:

Even if no charges are filed and the students are cleared by the university's Student Affairs system, the damage might already have been done. The three players have missed more than two weeks of classes, and unless they can make up for lost ground academically, they'll likely have to withdraw from school and re-enroll in January. They would have to pass a full load of classes in the spring and summer to keep their eligibility for next fall.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

So.....They have to go to school and pass their classes just like everyone else.  Taking 12 credits over the summer is not that hard to do.  If they can't handle it then they shouldn't be in college anyway.  Then they will be Freshman next year, three good recruits who have already practiced some, could actually be good in the long run.

Guest HowieP1

St Pete Times story today:

College football

Three freshmen won't face charges

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published November 19, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - The state attorney's office has opted not to pursue criminal charges against three USF freshman football players who were accused of removing nearly $4,000 in property from a former teammate's dormitory room in August.

Linebackers Brouce Mompremier and C.J. Hunnicutt and defensive end Josh Julmiste were suspended from the team and withdrew from school because of the incident, which involved former Bulls player Randy Jackson.

University police sought felony grand theft charges against Mompremier and Julmiste and a misdemeanor petit theft charge against Hunnicutt, but the state attorney's office announced Thursday they weren't filing charges because they had been unable to contact the alleged victim.

Mompremier and Julmiste, contacted by the Times on Thursday, said they plan on re-enrolling at USF in January. Hunnicutt, who could not be reached for comment, is believed to be doing the same. The players would have to complete 24 credit hours during the spring and summer to be eligible to play next fall.

Coach Jim Leavitt said his focus is on Saturday's game at Cincinnati, and that he hasn't thought about the three at all.

"I'm not thinking about those guys. I'll sit down with them at the end of the season," Leavitt said. "All I'm thinking about is Cincinnati."

The three players, who were among the highest-touted members of USF's 2004 recruiting class, were accused of nearly emptying Jackson's abandoned dormitory room in the two weeks after he quit the football team in August. When Jackson returned and found his property missing, he called campus police, and Hunnicutt, who was a roommate of Jackson's, was questioned, along with Mompremier and Julmiste, who is the younger brother of Pat Julmiste, USF's starting quarterback.

The three players were accused of taking Jackson's TV, computer, VCR, PlayStation2, DVDs, tapes and other items, and while much was returned immediately to Jackson, he told police that $1,900 in property was unaccounted for.

Prosecutors were unable to follow up with Jackson, and even hired a private investigator to try to track him down. Jackson, who could not be reached by the Times, may have other reasons to not be found.

Three times in the past 13 months, police have received 911 calls from women complaining about violent acts from the 18-year-old from Lake Mary. In July, Jackson was accused of using a brick to smash in a window of a woman's car, and while police sought criminal mischief charges, the Seminole County state attorney's office has not taken any action. On two other occasions, his girlfriend, Morgan Mallori of Sanford, has called police, including an incident Oct.22 in which she was slapped in the face, leaving her with a bloody nose. In both instances, she declined to press charges.

[Last modified November 18, 2004, 23:59:17]

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/11/19/Sports/Three_freshmen_won_t_.shtml

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Those guys may have helped this year.  Would be great to see them on the field next year.  Jackson sounds like a dirtbag.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

I just hope these kids learned there lesson and more WAKE UP !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

randy jackson sounds like a bum, good riddance

the other three have gut check time hope they learned something from this. their return should be conditional, no free pass

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

if they come back to usf great

if not who cares

Guest HowieP1
if they come back to usf great

if not who cares

I care.

Mompremier was the top HS recruit for USF in 2004. I doubt we will recruit any LB better than him this year.

http://www.athlonsports.com/article.php3?story_id=3063

I doubt we will get anybody better than Hunnicutt this year either.

Josh Julmiste, is a very versatile player and could be utilized at various positions.

We cant afford to lose quality players and expect to have the depth needed to compete for a Top spot in the BE next year.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Im glad the charges were dropped, while i do not have inside knowledge on what really happened. I do know that people that knew Mompremier down here in Miami were surprised to hear that he got in trouble. Jackson sounds like a real loser.

Hopefully this kids learned from their mistakes and are allowed another shot.