Guess who its rumored Louisville might got after for coach?

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

What the hell is the national football post and why should I believe its anonymous sources?

There is no chance - absolutely none - that Jon Gruden will ever be the head coach of the University of Louisville football team.

Umm, this is Lombardi's website, like well  connected to the NFL network and I think he is on Inside the NFL on Showtime too.

• Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

Adam Schefter is saying he only knows about him talking to the Redskins.

• Content Count:  66,129
  • Days Won:  172

he will go to nd

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I could definitely see this happening if it is a package deal with Jay planned to let Jay take over after a 3-5 years. 

Even if Jon Gruden isn't realistic, I would think that Jay Gruden might be on the list too with his Louisville cred.

I remember when Gruden came here an was profiled in the papers he had said he had wanted to coach at the collegiate level.  Michigan was his dream job.

You never know.  In the college ranks he gets the kind of player turnover he seems to like.  Jon Gruden isn't a guy that seems to like sticking with players over the long haul, so having starters for only 2-3 years before they leave seems to be more his speed.  He's likable in person and definitely knows his stuff. 

We're a couple months away from hearing anything solid anyways.  I think most assume Kragthorpe is gone.

If Gruden and Tuberville are names being considered then Louisville is likely to improve.  Gruden there could be scary because he could lure recruits just because he would be perceived as a guy that can get them ready for the NFL and possibly give them an advantage whent hey graduate.

If Louisville can get on track then I like where the Big East is heading for the time being.  I think that Marrone will get Syracuse back together.  Rutgers, though I dislike them, is as good as they've ever been with Schiano there.  Kelly is crazy good and is elevating Cincy.

Not sure about Stewart at WVU, though they still get recruits.  Have to wait a few years because they get a pass with White and Slaton gone.

Wannstedt recruits well.  If they could get a better gameday coach there and just bump up Wannstedt and let him take care of a lot of recruiting then Pitt will get better.

And Edsall has done a fine job at UConn.

Then there's Leavitt.  I know some like to harp on him, but what he's done with USF - bringing us from nothing to where we are now - is amazing.

So if Stewart can keep it together at WVU and Wannstedt could bump himself up then I see no real weak Big East program outside of off years here and there for everyone.

Well here it is, Gruden distancing himself from both the Washington and Louisville jobs. I think he won't step on anyones toes that have a job after what happened to him. I really enjoy him in the booth. I highly recommend the National Football post since its run by insiders from the NFL Network. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/index.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/10/jon-gruden-distances-himself-from-redskins-louisville-coaching-jobs/1

Yeah, I would expect not to hear anything until December.

Not sure if he'd want to go with the Redskins knowing Snyder up there.  He's not cheap, but he is a meddling pain in the butt that rarely gives coaches much time. 

I'm sure Louisville has yet to contact anyone, but Lousiville's last game is the day after Thanksgiving.  Some have said that Kragthorpe has already been told he's gone at the end of the season.  So I'd look for that to be confirmed by that Monday at the latest and probably on the Saturday.  They'll likely call Gruden on Tuesday or Wednesday to not interrupt Thanksgiving weekend and give him time to recover from the MNF broadcast.  And then he can decide if he's interested or not.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

What the hell does gruden know about recruiting?

What the hell does gruden know about recruiting?

Doesn't matter what he knows about recruiting.  You surround yourself with guys who know what to do with recruiting.  The coach brings the personality.  The HC doesn't go for visits with every single recruit and is often a closer.  So if Louisville is after a highly touted recruit they can use Gruden's experience in the NFL and his personality to swing someone in their favor.  You saw him on Thursday night.  The guy can have a very bubbly personality when he's excited and relaxed.  He also has a deep knowledge of the game and can explain in detailed ways the roles recruits would have in his system.

I've thought for a long time that Gruden could be a killer coach in college.  He prefers more turnover of personnel and he'd be the toast of the town in Louisville. 

They're adding 13,000 new seats and expanding up to 55,000 in that stadium.  A name like Gruden will help sell all 55,000 seats.

• Content Count:  66,129
  • Days Won:  172

gruden would succeed whatever college he went to as long as bcs conference

Archived