Encouraging news about Bulls merchandise!

achiever1911

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420
  • Days Won:  0

Some encouraging news I thought I would share from an e-mail I sent to Mike Stuben regarding Bulls merchandise..............

Thanks for the email. Here is a little background information. Finish Line is a new store we have recently just gotten some USF gear into. We are always excited to see new stores offering up Bulls items for sale. Finish Line ordered from a company named Hunter Manufacturing for all of its Tampa Bay area locations. Items every Finish Line should have include seat cushions, pint and shot glasses, and dog collars. The location in University Mall also has some shirts, but I have not seen them in any of the other stores. We are excited about this, but of course would like them to carry more products. What they offer on-line or in a catalog, is at their discretion.

Now to answer your specific question. As a Bulls fan and alumnus you can help. Two ways that will do the most good. Order Bulls items that you see in stores or catalogs and like, and ask stores to carry more USF items. Stores respond to their customers more than most people realize. Your wishes and shopping patterns determine what they carry. I can assure you, they can get any item you see another school's logo on with a Bulls logo.

The good news is our merchandise placement is getting better. We are finding Bulls items in more and more places. This is proven in the fact that in the last quarter we were in the top 50 total dollars of items licensed for sale. This was our highest ranking ever, and with over 300 Division I schools, we are now in the top 20%. So please keep asking for our items, and together we can continue to improve.

Don't hesitate to call on me if I can ever be of assistance, my number is (813) 974-7493, or drop me an email.

Thanks,

Mike Stuben

Mike Stuben

USF Athletics

(813) 974-7493

Go Bulls!

P.S. One more thing too. I am responsible for the merchandise we sell at our sporting events, let me know if there is ever something you are looking for, I may have it, or have a way to get it for you too.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's great.  Too bad for me, everything I get is mail ordered.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

wow, top 50 already... keep it up!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Finish Line has nothing on their website.

Uh oh! ;D

I think he might have been referring to Finish Line having items either on their website or catalog and possibly not on both. I do know for a fact that they have a few Bulls items in their catalog though. That was why I sent Mike an e-mail to ask him if Finish Line has any plans of expanding items they offer in future catalogs.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Ask him about old basketball game jersies!!  See if he'll auction some off as a fundraiser.  I'm sure we'd all pay top dollar for one.  I know there's gotta be a ton of those laying around.

I almost bought one of Will McD's old jersies off of his father but he flaked out and never called me.  I told him I'd give him $200 for it.

Mike's e-mail response regarding Finish Line not having any Bulls merchandise on their website:

I had not looked at their on-line store until your email. I would love to see USF items on that site. The list of schools they offer on-line appears to be a good group to be included in. I was speaking in my first email about items they sell in their stores, then I commented that catalog and on-line stores may or may not include items that can be found at local stores, it falls to their discretion. It comes back to the same thing, a short, polite email to the Finish Line on-line customer support may help get our items onto that site. Finish Line is more likely to be responsive to request from a potential customer than a letter writing campaign. Next year being in the Big EAST will be a tremendous asset. Many places pick the schools they stock by running down a list of the school in a particular conference. Joining Conference USA 10 years ago raised our nation profile, and joining the Big EAST will take us another step in the right direction.

Ask him about old basketball game jersies!!  See if he'll auction some off as a fundraiser.  I'm sure we'd all pay top dollar for one.  I know there's gotta be a ton of those laying around.

I almost bought one of Will McD's old jersies off of his father but he flaked out and never called me.  I told him I'd give him $200 for it.

He's probably sick of me bombarding him with

e-mails!  ;D

His e-mail address is stuben@admin.usf.edu

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501