No Respect and loving it!

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

I have to tell you I love the fact that of all the Bowl projections we are not mentioned anywhere!  Hell UAB is mentioned all the time!  I think this motivates our bulls...  The Cincy squad according to many projections is having christmas in Hawaii...  I love running under the radar!  Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

Drive for 5, Tman - keep us hyped up.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

we really have never won a big game with anything on the line

we choked at home last year against uab

i wouldn't repsect us either

Guest wildrover

Honestly, if you were some "unbiased" expert from somewhere other than USF, would you project us going to a bowl.  We lost at home to Army, going to a bowl seems highly unlikely even if we do become eligible.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we become eligible, I'm confident we will go to a bowl, especially if we beat Cincinnati and Memphis.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, if you were some "unbiased" expert from somewhere other than USF, would you project us going to a bowl.  We lost at home to Army, going to a bowl seems highly unlikely even if we do become eligible.

Cincy lost to Army and UAB so why would they be mentioned for a bowl?  I think if we win out we should be considered.  I understand cincy is in a better position than us but they haven't played us or UL yet.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If (when) we beat Cincinnati, they will no longer be mentioned for a bowl.  The assumption is that they will beat us and lose to Louisville.

We probably still won't get mentioned as we are likely to be underdogs against Memphis.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Cinci's tough at home, and this will be the second time our team plays on turf- first was UL.

Cinci's real simple they've got two great DE's, a decent LB, and some average DB's.   Their OL has been awesome protecting Guiduli.  Their running game is average, but passing game has been impressive.

Cinci did lose to UAB, and Army- and both scored a lot of points against them.

The keys are real simple:

1. block those DE's.  Cinci has 17 sacks this season (not that impressive) but those two DE's are always causing havoc in the backfield.  Nuetralize them, and Cinci's defense is hurting.  

2.  Get pressure on Guiduli.  He's having an amazing year, so would you if you were only sacked 7 times in 9 games!  Their OL has been stout, they're not great run blockers but pass blocking has been solid.

3.  Lock onto their big receivers.  Hannibal Thomas isn't as talented as Roddy White, contain Hannibal like we contained Roddy and Guiduli's options begin to dwindle (HThomas has something like 48 catches for nearly 900 yards).

Two important stats- against UAB, and ECU we surrendered ZERO Sacks, and had 11 sacks of our own.  Maybe our lines are coming into their own.  If we expect to beat Cinci both the DL and OL must have similar performances.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Nice.

We CAN get this done!  I'm looking forward to it!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we will win because we must!