PA announcer

The_Reaper

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

One thing to keep in mind with HOT. They are basically the bastards of the school. No real support monetarily, no scholies, and the moral sucks. They ask for money at the beginning of the year and are cut to the bone. It's no wonder why we have a small band and limited resources. I think the AD should shot a little cash their way. Then maybe they will become like the FSU's and others. The band plays an intregal part, if done right, in firing up a crowd.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The_Reaper

• WoolyBully

• BULLheaded

• TripleB

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

One thing to keep in mind with HOT. They are basically the bastards of the school. No real support monetarily, no scholies, and the moral sucks. They ask for money at the beginning of the year and are cut to the bone. It's no wonder why we have a small band and limited resources. I think the AD should shot a little cash their way. Then maybe they will become like the FSU's and others.

Thanks Reaper, I didn't realize that. I will therefore withold any thoughts I had on the Queen medley at half-time ...........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

Now that we are a BCS team lets not learn this fight song but come up with a real "fight" song....ours stinks. If I was hailing the conquering heroes as Michigan does in their fight song then I'd get into it also, instead we get some be-bop tune and spell out our name like some 80s high school cheer. We have darkened our colors and redone our logo to create a tougher more respectable look lets do the same to our lame fight song as well.

Watching Michigan last week their band is playing Black Sabbath and we play the Village People  ::)

BTW, does the HOT know more then YMCA and Woolybooly? I think those are just about the only 2 songs I have heard them play in the past 3 years. C'mon guys get creative and play some things that will fire up the crowd (this is football not a wedding) until then I'd just assume have the music.

Bullheaded -- The USF fight song actually has words (no not quite Hail to the Victors).  The problem is that no one ever bothers to learn them.  When MSU beat Wisconsin this weekend, many of the players went to the band and SANG the fight song with the fans.  Imagine that, people actually singing a fight song.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with you that HOT needs to upgrade its act.  I know it's cliche, but I would love to hear the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars when the defense is doing well.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

However, I wholeheartedly agree with you that HOT needs to upgrade its act.  I know it's cliche, but I would love to hear the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars when the defense is doing well.

Wasn't that played when the ECU team came out from the dressing room?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

AC/DC is great and you gotta start a tradition somewhere.  You guys complain that it gets old but that is how tradition is built.  Repitition.  I sit with the "Alumni cann't get my ass outa my seat group" and at least when they play something it gives me the chance to stand and yell.  They are begining to relate the music with the yelling but I still am not sure if they even know it is third down.  I don't really care what they play but it is a good idea to get the crowd into the game.  Hey, how about Madonna and "Like A Virgin" LOL.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

If the HOT plays "Bohemian Rhapsody" one more time at halftime, I'm going to climb into the stands and gouge out the eyes of the conductor.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,213

If the HOT plays "Bohemian Rhapsody" one more time at halftime, I'm going to climb into the stands and gouge out the eyes of the conductor.

How about "Fat Bottom Girls"?

A little Glenn Miller would be nice...  ;D

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

How about "Fat Bottom Girls"?

I've seen enough of those in LotsOfBull99's signature, thanks.   ;D

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Bullheaded -- The USF fight song actually has words (no not quite Hail to the Victors).  The problem is that no one ever bothers to learn them.  When MSU beat Wisconsin this weekend, many of the players went to the band and SANG the fight song with the fans.  Imagine that, people actually singing a fight song.

So do the songs that brittany spears sings as well....I wouldn't bother to memorize those either as they are bubble gum teeny bob music. I feel the same way every time I hear our fight song and when it gets to the spelling of the entire south florida name it's just embarassing that it is coming from a college. It doesn't have to be the victors as that is obviously one of the best but the point is that if the fight song was something that got people pumped up and motivated for a battle (hence "fight" song) then I would bet people would learn it and sing it. As it is I'd just assume never ever hear it played much less learn how to sing along with it.

I agree about the Emperors March, that is one of the most ominous sounding tunes I've ever heard and it is perfect for football games (the wife didn't care too much for my idea of using it for her walking down the isle though  ;D) It really shouldn't be that hard to think up a few songs that are appropriate to football, it doesn't even need to be different every game but at least each YEAR we could have some new tunes.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

One thing to keep in mind with HOT. They are basically the bastards of the school. No real support monetarily, no scholies, and the moral sucks. They ask for money at the beginning of the year and are cut to the bone. It's no wonder why we have a small band and limited resources. I think the AD should shot a little cash their way. Then maybe they will become like the FSU's and others. The band plays an intregal part, if done right, in firing up a crowd.

I agree completely. Understandably we probably haven't had to much spare cash lying around for the band but money does need to flow this way because as you say this is an intregal part of big time football.