Trib: No End in Sight for Spurrier Rumors

USFMikeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

I am so sick of graduate school, thankfully I'll be reentering the workforce in May!

What? Are you crazy? If you can do it just stay in school until you're old and bald. It ain't much better in the land of corporate America.

I'm going back to graduate school, and just "wish" I could figure a way to do it, quit my job, and still pay the bills.

Oh, on the subject of the subject. I agree. Until someone hires him he is going to be hired at every college & pro team in the country via boards like this one.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffreyBEllis

• GarySJ

• smazza

• USFMikeB

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

Spurrier to USF, Leavitt out?

::sick::

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

There is evidently some confusion as to what I've posted, so I'll clarify it:  I am concerned that Leavitt might leave of his own volition, not be removed by USF.  Bear in mind that his buyout level is still exceptionally low should he decide to head to greener pastures.  I don't think that our new AD would remove Leavitt from his position at this juncture, regardless of the financial aspects.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

There is evidently some confusion as to what I've posted, so I'll clarify it:  I am concerned that Leavitt might leave of his own volition, not be removed by USF.  Bear in mind that his buyout level is still exceptionally low should he decide to head to greener pastures.  I don't think that our new AD would remove Leavitt from his position at this juncture, regardless of the financial aspects.

Mizzou is not greener pastures.  You can find more success than they've had in many, many years in USF's future conference, and with a weaker team!  If he'd leave it would be for the likes of USC, OU, or something like that.  Don't expect it to happen.  He can make a big name for himself right here, which is why we still have him.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

mizzu is  greener pasture since leavitt could get more $$$$$$$$ and more name recongition

but i expect usf to be a better football program than missouri

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61

Now you did it.....he is opening up his dictionary and thesaurus as we speak.

It is my understanding that ECU is seriously considering dropping to I-AA.

"Print it"

"Print it"

OmniscientBull and CyberBull:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on one of my collegiate alma maters, East Carolina University.

Having attended both the University of South Florida and East Carolina University, I am privy to keen insights about each respective campus community.

Hence, for the sake of refraining to alienate myself from the remainder of the SouthFloridaBulls.Com digital proletariat, I shall recuse myself from future character assassinations.

Regarding the speculative hearsay perpetuated by "smazza" and other notable Web participants, I do not believe that any opportunity in America could entice Jim Leavitt away from the University of South Florida, not even a possible return to his collegiate alma mater, the University of Missouri at Columbia.

Indeed, Jim Leavitt was mildly successful as a student-athlete for the Missouri Tigers and served as a co-defensive coordinator to Bob Stoops at Kansas State University as a member of Bill Snyder's coaching staff.

However, more importantly, Jim Leavitt is a graduate of St. Petersburg's Dixie Hollins High School, has recruited Pinellas County copiously on behalf of the Bulls intercollegiate football program for prospective student-athletes and coaching candidates alike and has laid the foundation for a successful intercollegiate football program since its inception.

If the University of Alabama with all of its fame, fortune and institutional prestige cannot entice Jim Leavitt to embark upon a new foray at the proverbial "next level," then it is my opinion that the University of Missouri of Columbia will suffer a disappointing setback in the same regard as well.

Personally, in my dealings with Jim Leavitt circa 1997, Leavitt did not strike me as an individual who is willing to pursue proverbial "greener pastures" and the allure of lucrative contractual agreements with unscrupulously malfeasant, BCS-enabled institutions of higher learning.

While the fledgling young intercollegiate football program at South Florida has flourished in its youthful infancy thus far, Leavitt continues to seek ways in which he could create an indelible signature on the face of the University of South Florida and the Tampa Bay region at large. In my opinion, Leavitt could instill a lasting, lifelong legacy at South Florida to a greater extent than an institution such as Missouri-Columbia or Alabama-Tuscaloosa.

Thus, rest assured that Jim Leavitt will either retire as the head coach of the University of South Florida's intercollegiate football program or will Leavitt will perish from the planet Earth while working at his desk in the palatial USF Athletic Complex on the Tampa campus.

Regarding the shameless personal attacks and unsubstantiated character assaults committed against me on the part of OmniscientBull and CyberBull, each of you are entitled to espouse adverse opinons intended to libel and slander my character. I am a supporter of East Carolina and South Florida, respectively, irrespective of the ignorant commentary of a few societal miscreants online. By the by, I do not utilize the extrinsic assistance of literary aids as a means by which to author a posting online, CyberBull.

Enjoy the remainder of a wonderfully relaxing weekend reprieve and a remarkably prosperous work week.

Go Pirates & Bulls! Arrivederci!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61

"Print it"

OmniscientBull and CyberBull:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on one of my collegiate alma maters, East Carolina University.

Having attended both the University of South Florida and East Carolina University, I am privy to keen insights about each respective campus community.

Hence, for the sake of refraining to alienate myself from the remainder of the SouthFloridaBulls.Com digital proletariat, I shall recuse myself from future character assassinations.

Regarding the speculative hearsay perpetuated by "smazza" and other notable Web participants, I do not believe that any opportunity in America could entice Jim Leavitt away from the University of South Florida, not even a possible return to his collegiate alma mater, the University of Missouri at Columbia.

Indeed, Jim Leavitt was mildly successful as a student-athlete for the Missouri Tigers and served as a co-defensive coordinator to Bob Stoops at Kansas State University as a member of Bill Snyder's coaching staff.

However, more importantly, Jim Leavitt is a graduate of St. Petersburg's Dixie Hollins High School, has recruited Pinellas County copiously on behalf of the Bulls intercollegiate football program for prospective student-athletes and coaching candidates alike and has laid the foundation for a successful intercollegiate football program since its inception.

If the University of Alabama, with all of its fame, fortune and institutional prestige cannot entice Jim Leavitt to embark upon a new foray at the proverbial "next level," then it is my opinion that the University of Missouri of Columbia will suffer a disappointing setback in the same regard as well.

Personally, in my dealings with Jim Leavitt circa 1997, Leavitt did not strike me as an individual who is willing to pursue proverbial "greener pastures" and/or the allure of acquiring lucrative contractual agreements with unscrupulously malfeasant, BCS-enabled institutions of higher learning.

While the fledgling young intercollegiate football program at South Florida has flourished in its youthful infancy thus far, Leavitt continues to seek ways in which he could create an indelible signature on the face of the University of South Florida and the Tampa Bay region at large. In my opinion, Leavitt could instill a lasting, lifelong legacy at South Florida to a greater extent than at institutions such as Missouri-Columbia or Alabama-Tuscaloosa.

Thus, rest assured that Jim Leavitt will either retire as the head coach of the University of South Florida's intercollegiate football program or Leavitt will perish from the planet Earth while working at his desk in the palatial USF Athletic Complex on the Tampa campus.

Regarding the shameless personal attacks and unsubstantiated character assaults committed against me on the part of OmniscientBull and CyberBull, each of you are entitled to espouse adverse opinons intended to libel and slander my character.

I am a supporter of East Carolina and South Florida, respectively, irrespective of the ignorant commentary of a few societal miscreants online.

By the by, I do not utilize the extrinsic assistance of literary aids as a means by which to author a posting online, CyberBull.

Enjoy the remainder of a wonderfully relaxing weekend reprieve and a remarkably prosperous work week.

Go Pirates & Bulls! Arrivederci!

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

nothing i stated was hearsay

Guest HowieP1

And the beat goes on...

mondaymorningquarterback.jpg

4. I think, as strange as it sounds, there are some Florida scribes who believe Steve Spurrier could become a candidate for the South Florida job if it comes open after this year. Four reasons:

1.) Spurrier's son, a high-school receiver in Virginia, is being recruited by the Bulls, and evidently it's down to South Florida or Marshall for the young Spurrier. Imagine Dad coaching son.

2.) South Florida enters the Big East next year, so there's a chance to become a big player in college football.

3.) There are many golf courses in the Tampa area.

4.) Did I mention the golf courses already?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/11/15/mmqb.passing/index.html

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206

Couldn't afford Jim's buyout? Are you High? All LRS would need is a phone and 3 minutes and the 50grrr would be deposited in escrow and the van would pull up to CJL house,  Spurrier would bring millions in revenue to USF overnight like Shaq to the HEAT.