The Battle Continues vs. ECU

cophbulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

The Battle Continues vs. ECU

The Bulls are coming off of a great win against UAB on the road in front of a “national†audience. A put national in quotes because yes you could see the game anywhere you could find ESPN2, but really, what would draw more a USF – UAB match up or a Calgary – Tampa Bay Stanley cup finals? At any rate the win snapped a three game losing streak and kept the Bulls slim bowl hopes alive. And now the Bulls have a great shot at starting another streak and let TBC be the first to announce…..

THE BULLS WIN! THE BULLS WIN!!

Why the premature victory holler? The Bulls are guaranteed a victory and here’s why.

What do TTU, TCU and UAB all have in common?? Yes, they all lost to USF but what else?? All three teams are better known by their initials then by their real names, Tennessee Tech, Texas Christian, and University of Alabama Birmingham. But Bulls fans all knew those names didn’t they? Yes they did because those Bulls are 3-0 against initial teams and 0-4 against non-initial teams, South Carolina, Army, Louisville and Southern Miss. You could argue the case of South Carolina (USC) and Southern Miss. (USM) being initial teams but the real USC is on the left coast and is number one in the nation and give me one example when an ESPN sports head has announced Southern Miss. as USM.

All the success probably has to do with USF being an initial team themselves. But who care? What we want to know is what does all this mean (see title)? Yep USF is playing in its fourth initial team of the season ECU and is favored to win big. Will this be an undefeated season? TBC (initial team themselves) says bring on USC, LSU, OSU, or FSU we will beat ‘em all. Just don’t make us play Austin Peay, Iona or Butler.

So what does this ECU team bring to the table that might upset this perfect Bull season? Oh I don’t know maybe some guy named James Pinkney. Whose he you ask? Just another top rated QB in C-USA. Yep this guy only has 1700 yards passing, 15 TD’s and a 56.1% completion rate. Pretty solid numbers from where I stand. And don’t think these numbers have been against cheese ball teams, Jimmy put up 322 yards and 3 touches against West Virginia. Yes that West Virginia.

Jimmy goes hot and cold though. He had two strong games to open the season then fell flat the next four only to open it up again the last two. Fortunately the team doesn’t fair any better whether he has a good game or a bad game. The Pirates are 1-3 when Pinkney throws for more than 200 yards and 1-3 when he throws for less than 200 yards.

So do the Pirates struggle? To start with their running game is lackluster. Andre Hall has more rushing yards (822) in fewer games than the entire Pirate offense (813). Additionally their defense is as porous as TBC’s logic. The Pirates give up almost 450 yards per game and just a hair under 40 points per game.

Jeff Sagarin’s computer has the Bulls winning by somewhere between 2½ and 10½ depending on which spread you look at. Currently Vegas puts the line at 11½.

TBC Prediction

TBC thinks the Bulls match up well with ECU but TBC thought that against Army. The line is more reasonable than the 18 point Army line. So TBC says give up the points and take USF. Hall breaks more school records, Bulls win by 2tds; 38-24

Last week we said the Bulls would cover but lose, nice to be 50/50 but the money win is the important thing. TBC goes to 6-1 against the spread (South Carolina) and 4-3 straight up (TCU, Army, UAB).  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we will win the bowl war