Big East Champ Cincinnati Signs One Way Deal with UT

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,674
  • Days Won:  4

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/26/vols-bearcats-schedule-a-one-and-done-for-2011/

Now why exactly does our Big East Champion sign one and done game with an average SEC team? I know we did this with Notre Dame but that is Notre Dame. A rebuilding Tennessee team? What kind of payday did that require? It just makes our conference look bad when teams accept these deals.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Now why exactly does our Big East Champion sign one and done game with an average SEC team?

Because beating any SEC team in their house looks good. And Tennessee is still a pretty good brand name.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Now why exactly does our Big East Champion sign one and done game with an average SEC team?

Because beating any SEC team in their house looks good. And Tennessee is still a pretty good brand name.

i.e. us beating Auburn.

• Content Count:  66,137
  • Days Won:  172

usf should be doing this instead of laying 3 patsies

great scheduling

it will help cinnci in recruiting to play such a marquee game

• Content Count:  5,241

By the time they play tennesse, they may have a really good team again.

And if you want an example of a team that has a weak OOC, look at Rutgers. We at the least got  FSU and Miami to play

• Content Count:  209

And if you want an example of a team that has a weak OOC, look at Rutgers. We at the least got  FSU and Miami to play

and the usual loss against Rutgers every year.  Even with the weak OOC, what does it say about USF if they can't beat Rutgers? ;D

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

and the usual loss against Rutgers every year.  Even with the weak OOC, what does it say about USF if they can't beat Rutgers? ;D

I guess we could look at it as you guys saving your legs for us and us getting beat up before we get to the conference games. 

We're 10-0 OOC the last 2 seasons (regular seson) with wins @Auburn, UNC, @NC State and Kansas.  The last 2 years you guys lost to the only 2 BCS OOC games you played (Maryland and UNC), and also lost to Navy and Fresno State.  So you're right that we have lost 3 straight to Rutgers and we hope to better this year, but last I checked you guys have the same # of conference titles we have and your biggest wins have been over us and Louisville.

• Content Count:  209

I guess we could look at it as you guys saving your legs for us and us getting beat up before we get to the conference games. 

We're 10-0 OOC the last 2 seasons (regular seson) with wins @Auburn, UNC, @NC State and Kansas.  The last 2 years you guys lost to the only 2 BCS OOC games you played (Maryland and UNC), and also lost to Navy and Fresno State.  So you're right that we have lost 3 straight to Rutgers and we hope to better this year, but last I checked you guys have the same # of conference titles we have and your biggest wins have been over us and Louisville.

Whateve makes you happy.  The facts is USF chokes evey year once they get into league play.  USF is a .500 team in the BE.  RU is moe likely to win a BE title befoe USF.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe we'll do it your way and choke before we get to Big East play.

Whateve makes you happy.  The facts is USF chokes evey year once they get into league play.  USF is a .500 team in the BE.  RU is moe likely to win a BE title befoe USF.

• Content Count:  182

good deal for cincy, not only is it a big name SEC team, although they have been down, its a close OOC game,

easy for the Bearcat faithful to travel to.

I would rather play the worst BCS conference teams over the like of Wofford, Charleston Southern, and Western Kentucky...

Archived