Another Raid on the B.E. coming?

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think that we will be raided within the next 3 years by them... Joe Paterno and his supporters will make sure of it.

If this happens it should dislodge the basketball teams, Stalin like, grasp upon the Big East so that the Football schools can realign the Conference which will hopefully involve the following...

1.) Kicking out of Notre Dame, DePaul, and Marquette

2.) Big East Conference Expansion - Memphis, ???

3.) A North / South division divide and a Big East Title Game

• 2 months later...

• Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

First off, hello.  I am a WVU fan.  I am not a troll or trash~talker.  I have been looking to get on some other Big East team's message boards and you all have a nice board here.  Now, to the point at hand.  We need expansion in the football side of the conference in a bad way to prevent any further raids.  No one I have talked to seems to think Villanova will be ready to make the jump in football for a long time to come, if ever.  IMO that's a shame.  It would be nice to expand a little from within.  A lot of folks are talking Memphis and ECU as possible teams to join.  I like the idea of telling ND to get in all the way or get lost.  The way I see it, ND eventually winds up in the Big10.  Tossing DePaul and Marquette from the B~ball league to open up room for full  members is something I've advocated on our message board, but no one seems to agree with me.  Having Memphis in the BE makes sense in both football and basketball. ECU already plays us in football on a regular basis, but I admit I know little about their basketball program.  We also need the teams already in this football conference to step it up.  You all have a nice program with nationally recognizeable names, we have a program that has gained in it's national recognition, Cincy is trying to make some noise, UConn and Rutgers are finding themselves, but the teams who used to be powers have really dropped the ball.  Syracuse has got to improve for the sake of the conference and as much as it pains me to say, P*tt has got to get better.  Wow, that was a run on sentence from hell.

Anyway, I don't usually get so long winded, but just wanted to state where I stand.  I am a WVU fan, but I am also a fan of the Big East.

I look forward to the chance to post and interact with you all.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

Welcome aboard PowderHorn.  You're input and debate is welcomed here.

First off, hello.  I am a WVU fan.  I am not a troll or trash~talker.  I have been looking to get on some other Big East team's message boards and you all have a nice board here.   Now, to the point at hand.  We need expansion in the football side of the conference in a bad way to prevent any further raids.  No one I have talked to seems to think Villanova will be ready to make the jump in football for a long time to come, if ever.  IMO that's a shame.  It would be nice to expand a little from within.  A lot of folks are talking Memphis and ECU as possible teams to join.  I like the idea of telling ND to get in all the way or get lost.  The way I see it, ND eventually winds up in the Big10.  Tossing DePaul and Marquette from the B~ball league to open up room for full  members is something I've advocated on our message board, but no one seems to agree with me.  Having Memphis in the BE makes sense in both football and basketball. ECU already plays us in football on a regular basis, but I admit I know little about their basketball program.   We also need the teams already in this football conference to step it up.  You all have a nice program with nationally recognizeable names, we have a program that has gained in it's national recognition, Cincy is trying to make some noise, UConn and Rutgers are finding themselves, but the teams who used to be powers have really dropped the ball.  Syracuse has got to improve for the sake of the conference and as much as it pains me to say, P*tt has got to get better.   Wow, that was a run on sentence from hell.

Anyway, I don't usually get so long winded, but just wanted to state where I stand.  I am a WVU fan, but I am also a fan of the Big East.

I look forward to the chance to post and interact with you all.

I'm a fan of the Big East as well and agree with everything you have to say...

If I were commish I'd kick out:

1.) ND

2.) DePaul

3.) Marquette

Then I'd add:

1.) Memphis

2.) Southern Miss. (would prefer Maryland but that is a long shot)

3.) Louisiana Tech or ECU (would prefer BC, Army, or Navy but all are long shots as well)

Memphis is really the only good team in the South right now to add to the Big East; the others are not really BE material but neither was USF or Cinncy when they first got the nod.

The problem with the BE is that its ruled by basketball schools which is secondary to the real money maker which is football. Right now they hold an advantage over the football schools thanks to syracuse and pitt which swings both ways, thus we need a raid to loosen the grasp of the basketball schools.

This is why I hope a raid happens this year and the Big 10 steals ND (they can have them), then the Big East would be forced to replace them and Memphis is really the only team that can fill the void. Hopefully after they are added to the BE the football schools can get a leg up and start tossing out these basketball only schools and bringing in real all sports schools.

:deadhorse

• Content Count:  7,890

Louisiana tech thats a new one

It would be good to get BC back.  They are very out of place in the ACC.  They have to be getting pounded with travel expenses.  Does anyone go to their message boards to get a feel for how the fans feel about trying to get back in the Big East.  Another hope, and this is the longest of longshots, is that once Paterno is gone, Penn State might be enticed to leave the Big 10 for the Big East.  But, the stars would really have to align for that one.  And, there would have to be some changes in the conference make-up by then.

It would be good to get BC back.  They are very out of place in the ACC.  They have to be getting pounded with travel expenses.  Does anyone go to their message boards to get a feel for how the fans feel about trying to get back in the Big East.  Another hope, and this is the longest of longshots, is that once Paterno is gone, Penn State might be enticed to leave the Big 10 for the Big East.   But, the stars would really have to align for that one.   And, there would have to be some changes in the conference make-up by then.

I'd like to see BC back in the BE as well... I'm not sure what their fans / alumni think about being in the ACC but I would wager that they are about fed up with the hefty travel expenses to travel to all of their road games not to mention the ACC Title game.

However in order to get BC to come back to the BE the BE would have to make the Conference more lucrative for Football schools like BC. In other words we would had already had to of added a team or two to the BE before we could try to tempt them.

Regarding Penn State I doubt that they would ever leave the Big 10 and if they did that they would move to the BE... Penn State hates Pitt and would not want to share a conference with them.

• Content Count:  7,890

It would be good to get BC back.  They are very out of place in the ACC.  They have to be getting pounded with travel expenses.  Does anyone go to their message boards to get a feel for how the fans feel about trying to get back in the Big East.  Another hope, and this is the longest of longshots, is that once Paterno is gone, Penn State might be enticed to leave the Big 10 for the Big East.   But, the stars would really have to align for that one.   And, there would have to be some changes in the conference make-up by then.

If your talking about travel expenses then we should be in the ACC or SEC. I would venture to say ours out ways BC's right now.

You're right BULLfreak.  I never thought about you all's travel expenses in this conference.  I've got an idea, let's see if the BE and the ACC will trade BC for USF. 

Before anyone gets mad, I'm just kidding.

Archived