Conferences

Costa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

the badnews is that ftu/ou/oc will be asked to join big east at that time as our replacement

note sure what FTU OU or OC are.

Agreed. What the heck is "ftu/ou/oc" supposed to mean? The only person I've ever seen use it is smazza.

I'll take Florida Technological U/Orlando University/Orlando College for the win

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

the badnews is that ftu/ou/oc will be asked to join big east at that time as our replacement

Agreed. What the heck is "ftu/ou/oc" supposed to mean? The only person I've ever seen use it is smazza.

He means UCF.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see any moves being made soon, but IF a hole were created in the ACC, USF would be considered.

Who else is there in the SE with as much upside to the ACC.  No one.

• Content Count:  849

He means UCF.

FTU, was a name that UCF cycled through in their early years

Florida Technological Univeristy ( It was founded under this name)

OU probably stands for Orlando University and OC is probably Orange College....

• Content Count:  4,503

Don't put wins far down the list of importance.  Yes it is money driven but for those following the Bulls before the BE you have to remember how very important it was for us to beat a ranked Pitt team.  Both UCF and USF were on the radar for a BE invite but that game proved that USF could play with the big boys while UCF had a miserable record against BCS teams and I believe they still have never beaten a BE team.

Don't put wins far down the list of importance.  Yes it is money driven but for those following the Bulls before the BE you have to remember how very important it was for us to beat a ranked Pitt team.  Both UCF and USF were on the radar for a BE invite but that game proved that USF could play with the big boys while UCF had a miserable record against BCS teams and I believe they still have never beaten a BE team.

Sorry, but the win over Pitt was not that important.  USF did not get into the Big East because of football success.  We were invited because we had success in other sports -- winning more Conference USA championships than ANY OTHER SCHOOL at the time.

Having a Top 20 TV market was another major factor.

If it was about football UCF would have been invited.  Their problem was their other sports were in the Atlantic Sun conference... and not very good either.

My friends, we may all love football and basketball... but the volleyball, softball, baseball, tennis, golf, track, cross country, and other varsity sports deserve a lot of the credit for getting us into the Big East.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

usf,one of largest universities in the land and in a big tv market will join acc or sec soon

I'm jumping on the smazza-wagon by agreeing with him that USF is not long the Big East and see us moving to either the SEC or ACC within 5 years time... most likely the ACC since BC has more to gain by returning to the Big East and USF leaving for the Southern ACC. Granted the Big East loves to have Florida as its recruiting grounds it would make out better by swapping USF for BC in travel fees alone if it was ever offered.

I believe this will happen as schools look to cut costs and save money, if it were to happen this is how the ACC would most likely look.

Atlantic Division

Boston College Duke (Would replace BC)

Florida State

Maryland

Wake Forest

Clemson

North Carolina State

Coastal Division

Virginia Tech

Georgia Tech

North Carolina

Miami (FL)

Virginia

Duke South Florida (Would replace Duke)

FSU would not allow USF in their Division... they are still the senior ACC school in Florida and would dump us in Miami's division which may be a good or a bad thing... personally I think the Canes Dynasty is beyond repair.

• Content Count:  2,118

would love to move to the ACC.  then we would play miami every year!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

usf,one of largest universities in the land and in a big tv market will join acc or sec soon

I'm jumping on the smazza-wagon by agreeing with him that USF is not long the Big East and see us moving to either the SEC or ACC within 5 years time... most likely the ACC since BC has more to gain by returning to the Big East and USF leaving for the Southern ACC. Granted the Big East loves to have Florida as its recruiting grounds it would make out better by swapping USF for BC in travel fees alone if it was ever offered.

I believe this will happen as schools look to cut costs and save money, if it were to happen this is how the ACC would most likely look.

Atlantic Division

Boston College Duke (Would replace BC)

Florida State

Maryland

Wake Forest

Clemson

North Carolina State

Coastal Division

Virginia Tech

Georgia Tech

North Carolina

Miami (FL)

Virginia

Duke South Florida (Would replace Duke)

FSU would not allow USF in their Division... they are still the senior ACC school in Florida and would dump us in Miami's division which may be a good or a bad thing... personally I think the Canes Dynasty is beyond repair.

the Canes have more National Championships than FSU does.  Also, have had more basketball and baseball success in the past than FSU.  While FSU might be better now in Football, it does not mean that they are the top dog.  I think UM stilll has a great deal of pull.

Archived