Marve checks out South Florida

The New "U"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Just saw him at my gym...I asked if he was going to USF, he said he doesnt know yet.  I told him to come in, take the job and win the Big East...he laughed..  I wasnt kidding. 

lol nice work

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Just saw him at my gym...I asked if he was going to USF, he said he doesnt know yet.  I told him to come in, take the job and win the Big East...he laughed..  I wasnt kidding. 

But he probably is.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

He would be stupid not to come here. Leavitt would welcome him with open arms (as long as he keep his attitude in check), can compete for the starting job, and his parents will get to see him play every home game.

He would be stupid not to come here. Leavitt would welcome him with open arms (as long as he keep his attitude in check), can compete for the starting job, and his parents will get to see him play every home game.

thats one of the problems. If USF was were he wanted to go, it would have been a done deal along time ago. The fact that there are others in the running and waiting for more to join tells you that he probably think he is better tan USF and BE.

• Content Count:  1,042
  • Days Won:  0

thats one of the problems. If USF was were he wanted to go, it would have been a done deal along time ago. The fact that there are others in the running and waiting for more to join tells you that he probably think he is better tan USF and BE.

Not necessarily. He probably is thinking about playing time, the coaches, the conference, and where he fits in. I think he would be dumb if he didn't consider the fact that Coach Leavitt has loyalty issues. If Marve came here he would start off as 4th string for a long time, and it would be hard for him to move up from that positiion given that BJ and Evan already know our system more than he does. Coach Leavitt gives preference to players who have been at USF longer, IMO (see Ben Williams/Ford/Taylor situation). I do agree that Marve probably thinks he is better than USF but that's not the only reason he hasn't chosen USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,265
  • Days Won:  29

Alo need to consider that our coaches need to see our potential 2 QB's in 2010 ... we may/may not make a hard push on him.

... Coach Leavitt has loyalty issues. ... Coach Leavitt gives preference to players who have been at USF longer, IMO (see Ben Williams/Ford/Taylor situation). ...

This always cracks me up ... just silly.

Hall jumped into the starting lineup ahead of Crossley. Will Plancher be getting most of the reps this season ?

PJ was a Sr and Leavitt GAVE the #1 QB spot to a So who didn't make it to the Summer. Then the 2nd game of the season, a RS Fr was given the job.

There are many examples ... the better man gets the start/playing time. Look at the lit of Sr's this season . . .

Go BULLS !!!

ET

The reality is that our coaches will NOT be able to see BJ or Landi in action in real games until after June when Marve will make his decision. So if we want him we would have let it known by now.

We will have limited scholarships next year unless we lose many players. So do we take one on him and hurt our chances in getting a FR QB in 2010? If he comes we would have THREE QBs in the running with 2-3 years of eligibilty that will be used against us in recruiting.

I realize he is a talent, but Im not sold that he has the leadership needed to move us in a better direction. I also do not think that he is as good as he thinks he is.

At the end of the day none of us on this or any board will make the decision to go after him or get him into USF. That decision will come down to Leavitt and Marve.

My opinion is that we are NOT his  main choice and will only come if he doesnt get any of the bigger fishes in his eyes to bite.

I think we will be just fine with or without him, it just frustrates me when I see many of our fans on this board salivatinf after a guy that dissed us once and probably will do it again,

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well his reasoning for leaving UM was so that he could be near his Dad whom is sick... if he poo-poo's on us again then that leaves Florida and UCF that are within a hours drive of Tampa...

The way I see it is that he has three choices based on his reasoning for leaving Miami:

(1) USF

(2) Florida

(3) UCF

Can't tell you any more then that...

• Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  2

Will Plancher be getting most of the reps this season ?

i wouldn't be surprised if he did.

he is the number one RB on our depth chart as it stands right now.

Well his reasoning for leaving UM was so that he could be near his Dad whom is sick... if he poo-poo's on us again then that leaves Florida and UCF that are within a hours drive of Tampa...

The way I see it is that he has three choices based on his reasoning for leaving Miami:

(1) USF

(2) Florida

(3) UCF

Can't tell you any more then that...

Dixie

If that was TRUE then why are Michigan, Nebraska, Texas Tech and freaking UCLA in his list?

To me that was a FLAT out lie and UM knew it thats why they lifted the USF,UCF restriction. Why is UCF not even under consideration with the wonderful QB's they have?

Lets focus on those guys that we have here that CHOSE to be Bulls and those HS kids that WANT to be Bulls rather than someone that has had two shots at it and still shopping himself around. With that attitude I hope he does not wear the Bull uniform.

Archived