If USF beats UAB . . .

Jake_Ryan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

All it takes to shut most of the critics up is winning. Yeah-- some will still point out anything they had a problem with but the bottom line is winning by 25 feels good-- and that alone makes it easier to stomach the bellyaching about the penalty yards. Both team hada buttload of penalties-- it was a sloppy game. I'll take 12 penalties anda win any day versus 6 penalties and a loss.

Unfortunately, while USF has many games where they have 12 penalties and a win, there have been many games of 12 penalties and a loss - where if some of the dumb, game changing penalties were not committed, it might have been a win.

Kizarvexis

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S p e n c e

• Jake_Ryan

• Jim Johnson

• MikeG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,803
  • Days Won:  213

Woah, man suspence, don't let anyone get your goat to this extent.  They can complain all they want about my complaining, but I'm not gonna let anybody stop me from voicing my opinions, and I've taken a bunch of heat on here, trust me.  

This win was a good one.  but we are really bad at certain things and we do not play disciplined football. Let's not forget UAB lost to Tulane last time they played.  Their defense has been exploited and we continued the exploitation.  Hackney missed a lot of wide open receivers and our secondary was absolutely smoked several times, luckily UAB didn't capitalize.

Beastie--

This post has nothing to do with Bulls football-- just spence.

I just want something to be very clear.

If you read my comments above-- AT NO TIME-- (that is until THEY accused me of saying this about them) did I ever mention him. They ASSUMED the post was some sort of personal matter and that is entirely in their head. I think if you actually read what I post, you will see that it has very little to do with anyone in particular. In fact-- I would like to see how anyone can derive that I am talking to a specific person in my original post of this thread.

All I said was simply this-- CRITICS (and I am using this term in general-- it includes media, disgruntled fans, opponents fans, UCF fans, trolls-- whoever) have a tough time spouting off about the problems of your team as long as you can WIN games.

At no point did I infer that NO ONE should be critical. I even admitted that the game was very sloppy but that in the end, the Bulls took advantage of opportune turnovers. WHAT is so WRONG about saying this?

If this guy has a beef with what I write, they can ignore it like I do with 95% of the ones that I find contrary to my thinking. The entire matter is in their head-- a fabrication that I am somehow directing some sort of negative opinion directly at them personally. Half the time, I agree with many of the points about what is going wrong with this team. But I have no need to reply to someone who conveniently takes excerpts from my posts and does some sort of mental projection that the comments are to them. Believe me-- if I want to talk to someone directly or speak about someones post directly- I will quote it.

So if you want to join spence on the "we hate MikeG" committee-- be my guest. As I recall, you are a charter member of that group along with wildrover (holier than thou) and some others who frankly read into whatever I say as if I am talking down to them. My OPINION is just as valid as anyone elses on this board. If you want to chastise me like several others because you think my writing style is elitist-- that is your option.

All I know is that USF won (and won big) again after a series of bad games. They have every chance in the world to run the table like they have in the past-- as crazy as that thought may be. All I know is that I will be there cheering for them to do so and that is all I expect from Bull fans. You can complain about the problems all you want for all I care-- and believe me--- I will be complaining about the problems as well when I feel the need.

Bottom line-- I just want the team to win, whatever that takes and if they happen to lose-- well-- they still have my full support. That is MY opinion-- my stance. However you choose to handle it is up to you.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Beastie--

This post has nothing to do with Bulls football-- just spence.

I just want something to be very clear.

If you read my comments above-- AT NO TIME-- (that is until THEY accused me of saying this about them) did I ever mention him. They ASSUMED the post was some sort of personal matter and that is entirely in their head. I think if you actually read what I post, you will see that it has very little to do with anyone in particular. In fact-- I would like to see how anyone can derive that I am talking to a specific person in my original post of this thread.

All I said was simply this-- CRITICS (and I am using this term in general-- it includes media, disgruntled fans, opponents fans, UCF fans, trolls-- whoever) have a tough time spouting off about the problems of your team as long as you can WIN games.

At no point did I infer that NO ONE should be critical. I even admitted that the game was very sloppy but that in the end, the Bulls took advantage of opportune turnovers. WHAT is so WRONG about saying this?

If this guy has a beef with what I write, they can ignore it like I do with 95% of the ones that I find contrary to my thinking. The entire matter is in their head-- a fabrication that I am somehow directing some sort of negative opinion directly at them personally. Half the time, I agree with many of the points about what is going wrong with this team. But I have no need to reply to someone who conveniently takes excerpts from my posts and does some sort of mental projection that the comments are to them. Believe me-- if I want to talk to someone directly or speak about someones post directly- I will quote it.

So if you want to join spence on the "we hate MikeG" committee-- be my guest. As I recall, you are a charter member of that group along with wildrover (holier than thou) and some others who frankly read into whatever I say as if I am talking down to them. My OPINION is just as valid as anyone elses on this board. If you want to chastise me like several others because you think my writing style is elitist-- that is your option.

All I know is that USF won (and won big) again after a series of bad games. They have every chance in the world to run the table like they have in the past-- as crazy as that thought may be. All I know is that I will be there cheering for them to do so and that is all I expect from Bull fans. You can complain about the problems all you want for all I care-- and believe me--- I will be complaining about the problems as well when I feel the need.

Bottom line-- I just want the team to win, whatever that takes and if they happen to lose-- well-- they still have my full support. That is MY opinion-- my stance. However you choose to handle it is up to you.

I made a generic statement that suspence shouldn't let anyone run him off the board and you're going to jump on me?  Geez man, you're doing the same thing that you're ridiculing him for.  Where did I mention you in particular?   I agree with you that he read too much into your comments.  As it stands I don't really have a problem with you other than we disagree on a lot of topics and you like to complain about other people complaining.  Nothing wrong with it.  I like to complain about it when our teams look like garbage.  No biggie.  We're all starting to sound like a bunch of beaches if you ask me.  I'm officially out of this one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

Can't we all just get along?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,803
  • Days Won:  213

Generic or not-- spence is the one who accused me of giving him a hard time. You told him not to let it get under his skin and seeing as he thought I was the one he claimed had got his proverbial goat-- yes-- I RESPONDED to you. I didn't JUMP on you. I am trying to understand how anything I write is immediately taken as some giantly annoying statement.

As for ridiculing him-- if that is how you see it then you are doing the same thing he did-- assuming facts not in evidence. I have no intention of ridiculing anyone but if they want to take it that way-- I really have no recourse now do I? It seems anytime I try to explain or respond someone takes it the wrong way.

Perhaps it would be best if I kept my thoughts to myself since no one really seems all that interested in reading anything I have to say or those that do, misconstrue the content of my posts.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

kumbaya anyone?