If USF beats UAB . . .

Jake_Ryan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

What a stupid question.

What if USF loses to UAB?  Would that be enough for the "sympathizers" to get ON his back?  

It is ridiculous for someone to pass judgement, pro or con, based on one game.  

It is also ridiculous for you to call someone a "hater" just because they are critical of some coaching decisions that have been made, and the recent play of the team.

Short of Bullonly I don't think there is anyone who has gone overboard on thier criticism of CJL and staff.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S p e n c e

• Jake_Ryan

• Jim Johnson

• MikeG

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

UAB is very good.  Hackney is awesome.  What he does to our D is gonna be ugly.  I may not even be able to watch this game.  Watching the L'ville and Army games have left a really sour taste in my mouth.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

What a stupid question.

What if USF loses to UAB?  Would that be enough for the "sympathizers" to get ON his back?  

It is ridiculous for someone to pass judgement, pro or con, based on one game.  

It is also ridiculous for you to call someone a "hater" just because they are critical of some coaching decisions that have been made, and the recent play of the team.

Short of Bullonly I don't think there is anyone who has gone overboard on thier criticism of CJL and staff.

No, what's ridiculous is for folks to be calling for CJL's firing when a young team struggles.  Sure, some of his decisions can be questioned, and the problems the team is experiencing can be discussed, but the fact that there are threads out there calling for his firing makes me sick.  

I don't think 'haters' is too strong a word for the folks that want him fired.  This man has made USF football what it is today and has had 1 losing season in 7 years, and does not deserve the disrespect that he has been shown on this board.  

This season is a work in process and he still has time to make somthing positive of it.  I think he deserves a chance without his job being called for, and I have faith that he will get it done, starting with UAB.  

There is no talent gap between USF and the rest of the teams on their schedule, so all games are winnable.  I hope the coaches make the adjustments to give this young team the chance to win some of these games, and that the players rise to the challenge.  I think they will.

If you are not getting your job done, then you deserve all the criticism you get.  

So by your standards, we should give Bush the Whitehouse and we should not be critical of him even though he has done a less than stellar job  based solely on the fact that he did such a good job 3 years ago bringing the country together immediatly after 9/11.  But we should just look past the mistakes since then because of his handing of 9/11?

Or say you go to Mcdonalds, and order food, and the guy taking your order totally screws it up and when you go back to complain he tells you to pound salt.  We shouldnt be critical of him, because 3 years earlier he won employee of the month?

I am not calling for CJL's job right now, But why should we not be critical of him?  Why is this the ONLY job in the world where it is "unfair" to be critical.  That doesnt fly anywhere else.  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Julmiste will destroy us!

cute!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

No, what's ridiculous is for folks to be calling for CJL's firing when a young team struggles.  Sure, some of his decisions can be questioned, and the problems the team is experiencing can be discussed, but the fact that there are threads out there calling for his firing makes me sick.  

I don't think 'haters' is too strong a word for the folks that want him fired.  This man has made USF football what it is today and has had 1 losing season in 7 years, and does not deserve the disrespect that he has been shown on this board.  

This season is a work in process and he still has time to make somthing positive of it.  I think he deserves a chance without his job being called for, and I have faith that he will get it done, starting with UAB.  

There is no talent gap between USF and the rest of the teams on their schedule, so all games are winnable.  I hope the coaches make the adjustments to give this young team the chance to win some of these games, and that the players rise to the challenge.  I think they will.

well said

You're delusional.

If you are not getting your job done, then you deserve all the criticism you get.  

So by your standards, we should give Bush the Whitehouse and we should not be critical of him even though he has done a less than stellar job  based solely on the fact that he did such a good job 3 years ago bringing the country together immediatly after 9/11.  But we should just look past the mistakes since then because of his handing of 9/11?

Or say you go to Mcdonalds, and order food, and the guy taking your order totally screws it up and when you go back to complain he tells you to pound salt.  We shouldnt be critical of him, because 3 years earlier he won employee of the month?

I am not calling for CJL's job right now, But why should we not be critical of him?  Why is this the ONLY job in the world where it is "unfair" to be critical.  That doesnt fly anywhere else.  

If the guy at McDonalds screws up my order, sure I complain.  But I don't ask the Manager to fire the guy.  It was one order that was messed up.  If McDonalds screws up my order over and over again, then it's time to go to another restaurant.

Coach Leavitt deserves the respect of being able to work a young team through some struggles without his job being called for.  Criticism is OK, but calling for his firing is unacceptable.

Well CJL and staff have made the same mistakes over and over again, so maybe you should go to another school?

Funny.  One losing season in 7.  Get off Leavitt's back.  Enough said.