sdgukhsdgl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

from the official USF site...

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1073&s=Basketball

Leather Paces USF 's Green in Scrimmage

Tampa, Fla. (Oct. 30, 2004) – Terrence Leather scored 18 points and led USF’s Green team to a 72-67 win over the White team in a scrimmage Saturday afternoon at the USF Sun Dome.

Leather, who played with the Green in the first and second quarters and with the white in the third and fourth, also scored 10 points while playing on the White. Leather’s teams won the first three quarters while the fourth ended in a tie.

The two teams combined to shoot 65 percent (59-of-91) from the floor. The teams were 10-of-20 from the 3-point line.  (For comparison, the team shot 42 and 32 percent respectively last year)

“It was kind of a typical first official scrimmage,†said USF coach Robert McCullum. “There were good things and bad things. Overall, we shot the ball well but I don’t know how well we defended people.â€Â

Marius Prekevicius was 7-of-10 from the field and Collin Dennis was 5-of-11. “Marius and Dennis have already made it clear they’re two of our better perimeter shooters,†said McCullum.

The Bulls will scrimmage again Thursday at 3 p.m. “I expect we’ll clean some things up and execute better,†said McCullum.

wow... 10-20 from deep!  I am actually excited for bball to get underway this year with so many new guys in the rotation.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Marius Prekevicius was 7-of-10 from the field and Collin Dennis was 5-of-11. “Marius and Dennis have already made it clear they’re two of our better perimeter shooters,†said McCullum.

the key to our season

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I am getting too excited for the hoops program. There seems to be new life after all. I bet BASKETBULL is starting to have hope.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I can't wait for the season to begin!  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

A proven formula that has worked for Charlotte for years.  Get very good 3 point shooter, play man on man "D" and one solid low post player.  You almost always are in a game because those 3 point shooters can get you back in.  The down side of course is when they get cold.  I cann't remember how many times Charlotte beat the Bulls with this formula.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

A great start from an offensive viewpoint, however, as Coach M. stated the offensive numbers may not b a good indicator due to the lack of consistent defensive play.  The Bulls will have to play well on Offense and Defense regardless of 3-point shots.

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Wake me up for football season next year... sick of having hopes deflated.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

As a sox fan, i know how you are feeling, but... as everyone knows... things can change.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Wow!  No true big man and this team has problems defending the basketball (most likely in the form of getting defensive rebounds)?!  You're kidding me!  What did you expect MAC?

Expect this to be the trend for years to come, or until Coach Mid American Conference gets the boot.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Wow!  No true big man and this team has problems defending the basketball (most likely in the form of getting defensive rebounds)?!  You're kidding me!  What did you expect MAC?

Expect this to be the trend for years to come, or until Coach Mid American Conference gets the boot.

Maybe he can grab Peruzzo, no how about Morris, or Bernard....

RMC isn't going to take a big man just for the sake of having a big man sit on the bench- ala Seth (that's right all you Seth ass kissers because that's exactly what he did, who in the world could watch Peruzzo and think he had skill, what a waste of space and a scholarhship)....get a grip, let me guess you just want a big man to say we have a big man, then walk around wailing everytime that big baffoon sits in the middle and only manages to pick up 4 rebounds, 2 pts, and no block shots- reminiscent of the stats of many of USF's previous centers under Seth.  

The best team's Seth had were when his center position was manned by a guy UNDER 6-10!  RMC will grab a center, but he's actually a four year guy, i.e. he makes a four year commitment to a player and he expects the same in return.  Unlike Seth, RMC doesn't want to take a wasted space, project (like the one Seth made him inherit in Diarra) center just to have him sit the bench for four years.  He would rather grab a solid wing forward that can score, and shoot lights out.  Because, DUH that's what wins the college game.  

Look at the NCAA Final Four- Does OK ST ring a bell, or how about Uconn with Okafor at a whole 6ft 9inches....that's right you can do it without having complete height.  Actually UL destroyed us without having one man over 6-10 on their roster, and they seemed to destroy Morris.

Besides, after further review of the roster we have Diarra, Leather, Jones all 6-10 or taller, and Brigman at 6-8 240lbs.  I wouldn't say we are void of size inside!

So if you're going to rip on RMC then at least be original about it.