5 Question Friday!

jfcohio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

1. With some tough losses - what will make this a productive season for you?

Nothing. It's a wasted season as far as I'm concerned. And it probably will hurt this year's recruiting class.

2. Do you feel Jim Leavitt has been a successful coach for USF?

Absolutely.

That being said, he need not stand pat and be satisfied. He MUST make some tough decisions regarding the coaching staff if he hopes to a) keep his job and B) further grow the program

3. Do you feel USF football has been successful to this point in time?

Absolutely.

I'm very disappointed in this season's football team. I think we sat back during the Marquel Blackwell era and forgot to recruit a suitable replacement. I also think that, looking back, we overachieved in the MB era and that may have gave us a false sense of how good we were and we had unrealistic expectations for the next few years.......which is, um, now.

4. What do you feel will make this program successful in the next five years? (Bowl game appearance? Conference champion? National Champion?)

Perennial contention for the Big East title. Which, will make all those other things fall into place.

5. Do you feel football or basketball will ultimately have more success once we join the Big East?

Um, yeah.

That's a pretty stupid question, actually. So I'm not gonna answer it.  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

5. Do you feel football or basketball will ultimately have more success once we join the Big East?

Um, yeah.

That's a pretty stupid question, actually. So I'm not gonna answer it.  ;)

Shoop - It's an "either-or" question, not a "both-and" question....

"Do you feel [either] football or basketball will ... have more success ... ?"

;-) ;-) ;-)

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

1. to finish .500 or better

2. YES

3. YES

4. Three bowl appearances in five years. There are no more excuses, we have arrived where we wanted to be (BCS conference) and if past trends continue then we should continue to improve and compete in the big east.

5. Football is in a great position to succeed, in fact I don't see how it could be any better at this point in terms of where the program is positioned. Basketball has a tough row to hoe, and I feel that an at-large NCAA berth demonstrates an acceptable level of success given the program's history. I'll save the top-10 or national champ blather until either team shows it can at least compete.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

1.  If we finish above 0.500

2.  Yes.  He's the reason why we are so successful

3.  Yes.  Nothing to BCS in less than 10 years is nothing short of amazing.

4.  Bowl game appearances most years.  Conference Champ at least once in the next 5 years.

5.  I believe both will become more successful, but football will be a lot more successful both in the short term and long term.