QB

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

The flip side of that coin is, why would Kraky leave USF if he had any chance of playing? Most likely he saw the writing on the wall that either he wasn't good enough to unseat Banks/Julmiste, or wasn't going to be given a fair chance to do so.

Clearly our coaching staff wasn't high on Evan Kraky. Which of course is not to assume that their perception was correct. Be interesting to see if he ever plays at UMass. So far he hasn't, but they had two established QBs and Kraky is still only a sophomore.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beastiebull

• Omniscientbull

• BullDoug

• Apis Bull

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The flip side of that coin is, why would Kraky leave USF if he had any chance of playing? Most likely he saw the writing on the wall that either he wasn't good enough to unseat Banks/Julmiste, or wasn't going to be given a fair chance to do so.

Clearly our coaching staff wasn't high on Evan Kraky. Which of course is not to assume that their perception was correct. Be interesting to see if he ever plays at UMass. So far he hasn't, but they had two established QBs and Kraky is still only a sophomore.

The whole Kraky thing was kind of strange from the onset.

First his stock dropped like a rock during his senior year despite being invited to several prestigious preseason QB camps and post season all star games.

Then he gets hurt and instead of staying in town to absorb the offense he elects to return home to Western PA to rehab.

He then returns for the Spring Semester and gets some praise from CJL. The next thing we know is that he is transfering back home.

My take is that it was more than just football that drove him back up north.

For me at least it would of been nice to at least have a third QB option. We must be the only program in C-USA that does not have a legitimate 3-deep QB rotation. Kraky couldn't have been any worse than .....David Mullins or the Servino kid from Jesuit....right?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

This seems to be the same situation with Carlton Hill, Preseason he was ranked as the #9 QB in the country, now he has fallen off most top 25 lists that I have seen, and he has dropped to a 3 start recruit on Rivals.  Don't know much about his season this year, but this seems like deja vu.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

This seems to be the same situation with Carlton Hill, Preseason he was ranked as the #9 QB in the country, now he has fallen off most top 25 lists that I have seen, and he has dropped to a 3 start recruit on Rivals.  Don't know much about his season this year, but this seems like deja vu.

hope not

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Carlton's drop has more to do with him signing with USF, not to mention his team is horrible this year.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Carlton's drop has more to do with him signing with USF, not to mention his team is horrible this year.

Why is his team horrible?  Insight please?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

New head coach, they only had 1 returning lineman from last year and only a few returning skilled players.  Defensively they are very young as well.

You've got to remember this is Class A ball (more than like less than 500 students in the high school).  Not a whole lot of depth and not too many kids in the school to chose from.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I'll just bite my tongue and see what happens in the spring.  My point was, and still is that Denson has never played QB in college.  NOBODY knows how he is going to shakeout.  

I do agree that our O coordinator is not the problem.   PJ looks like a HS QB when he drops back to pass and his 3-step drop is as slow as I've ever seen.  Rod Smith must go.

I agree that Smith must go, but so should Hobbie.  Our scheme stinks - especially when the O is inside the 20 yard line.  Great teams can get physical and run the ball when they have to.  I like Miami's scheme - they can do both.

Also, Hobbie made no real adjustments to his scheme to fit the talent he has this year.  A few token plays with PJ under center doesn't get the job done.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,803
  • Days Won:  213

I saw plenty of drops against the Ville and those passes were in guys hands if not hitting them in the facemask. The early interception was thrown behind Lipp and tipped to the LB behind him. Anyway-- that was clearly a poor performance.

What I would really like to see is PJ have a game like he did versus TCU. His last three games were pretty bad overall-- agreed. But if he can put together that type of performance along with Andre Hall running the ball-- we can start putting up some points on the board.

The one thing I've noticed this year is we do one thing consistently on offense. WE'll run the ball two maybe three times and get that first down at the start of a drive. After the first down-- our first play is almost always a pass from the shotgun spread. Maybe I'm seeing things but our play calling is fairly simple to figure out and I don't even study game tape. Any defense with good corners can shut us down by stacking the box.

Anyway-- I think we have to stick it out with PJ this year. I'd like to see what Gachette can do but there must be a good reason they are holding back on using that redshirt. He dresses for all the home games so I know he is our third option-- for what that is worth.

As for Denson-- he can't help us at this point. We'll see if he gets a shot in the spring game. He sounds like the type of QB that could run the spread if we are deadset on staying with it. Whether that is the right move or not is hard to say at this point though.

I wonder if we will ever stop pondering the Kraky question. He can't help us either anymore and I'm starting to wonder if he ever really could have in the first place.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

New head coach, they only had 1 returning lineman from last year and only a few returning skilled players.  Defensively they are very young as well.

You've got to remember this is Class A ball (more than like less than 500 students in the high school).  Not a whole lot of depth and not too many kids in the school to chose from.

Thanx O'bull.