OPTIMISM/COOLER HEADS NEEDED

BullDoug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

'Yes Friday was ugly but I'm kinda embarrassed about the board here.  Folks are pretty much jumpin' off the cliff.  Askin' for Leavitt's head...PUHLEEEZ!   I wanna remind y'all of a few thangs.  Remember the 9-2 Bulls back in 2002?  Remember the complete beating Arkansas & OK handed to our Bulls?  That Arkansas team is not as good as the 2004 UL team nor are our current Bulls as good as a team that featured JR Reed n Kawika Mitchell (2 NFLrs) on D & Blackwell and Rubins on O (NFL practice squad quality players).

Three of the Bulls losses are vs. USC, USM & UL.  USM is a Top 35 team w/thier starting QB and USC is probably too.  USC is the third team in the SEC East behind GA n TN.  UL may be as good as 12TH.  USF shoulda looked bad vs the Cards.  The Bulls almost always look bad on national TV vs highly rated teams.

This team is extremely young on defense and needs a speed rusher.  Remember Tim Jones?  He'll be back in 2005.  BTW LRS Jr. missed the plane to Louisville due to a knee injury.  A young set of DBs need an experienced DL or vice a versa.  Guess what?  Our D which has been very stingy in the past has an experienced DL that is performing below par.  It's desperate for a  rush end, a consistent MLB and a glove like DB (See injured J.Jones and a banged up M.Jenkins).  One of the biggest problems with the Bull D is the lack of creating TOs.  They have lived off those in the past.  The lack of them is an indication of youth.  It will get better.  Plus TO's seem to come in bunches and the Bulls should be ready to pounce.

Offensively, help is on the way as long as our OL's can develop.  There are two monsters on the roster.  Denson, Grothe, & Hill will help big time.  If Denson can catch, he should consider WR.  His speed & Peyton's size will make for good football entertainm't.  I'm predicting Hall is AllCon in 2005 too.

Don't expect a win next Wednesday vs UAB.  Expect a tuff game in Cincinnatti when it gets here.  The Memphis & Pitsburgh games are total mysteries to me.   I have more to write but I'm to tired to type.  So I'm out for now.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• BullDoug

• Apis Bull

• Jim Johnson

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

One more thing...I never said the current Bulls are world beaters.  They are gonna take some lumps this yr.  Its not to much to ask for the fans that have pretty much had a great run for the first 7 yrs of our teams existence to stand behind them.  Remember almost beating Ga Southern in the Ole Sombrero.  I still get chills thinking about it?  Fireworks after the KY Wesleyan make me shudder too.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Hey sport, let's keep the common sense to a minimum, ok? That pretty much defeats the purpose of the board.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

One more thing...I never said the current Bulls are world beaters.  They are gonna take some lumps this yr.  Its not to much to ask for the fans that have pretty much had a great run for the first 7 yrs of our teams existence to stand behind them.  Remember almost beating Ga Southern in the Ole Sombrero.  I still get chills thinking about it?  Fireworks after the KY Wesleyan make me shudder too.

The only smart people live in Riverview  ;D

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

It is not yet time to give up on this team!   Yes, we have had a couple ugly games, but looking at the rest of our conference we still look like an average team.   From this point forward in the season I expect we will win more than we lose.  

We need to face it that most of us that come on these boards are die hards and start the season with expectations that are a little inflated.   Before the season the CUSA coach's picked us to be a middle of the pack or lower team.  Guess what, it sure looks like that is where we will end up.    We have never had a great game with a top twenty team.   The exception to an extent would be at Oklahoma where we held our own, but even in that game we got pounded and remember Arkansas the week before?   So why would we have any different expectations playing a number eighteen Louisville that probably should have a top ten ranking.

It is no fun losing and Army was inexcusable, but this team still deserves our support.   Anything we are feeling is magnified many times for them and they have much more than a few dollars and their egos invested.  

Go Bulls - Beat UAB!

:P  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i have zero problems with the D coaching staff no doubt that with the losses we have had on d it would be hard to maintain that level of play.

but they solid young and getting better. army game is great example solid in first half hard to adjust young players mid game.

the o coaching has been a problem for 2 years with little positive to hang your hope for the future on. so it is time for changes

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We all knew that Louisville was going to kick the $hit out of us.  With that being said, our passing game is absolutely horrible.  I, for one, am ready to give Gachette a try.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164

If it wasn't for the Army loss, I think people would have taken the Louisville game a little less seriously.  Now, it's just blatantly obvious that we are nothing more than fodder for good teams (imagine if we played a truly great team!) and an equal to mediocre teams.  Heck, when you can't manage a convincing win over a 1-AA team, optimism has left the building.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

I'm with you BullDoug but Wooly has a point(LOL-good one Wooly).  I think we have a good chance of beating UAB who just got their ass kicked by Tulane who hadn't beaten anyone except Fl A&M.  Our D needs to start looking like they mean business.  if we can not get any better pass rush our young secondary will have a tough time but any secondary will have a tough time if you have no pass rush.  Future looks bright.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

scbull-i knew you would come around

we would have been off letting lou g play 3 games ago