embarassing

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Us jumping on the logo had everything to do with these guys knowing they were on National TV.  Simple case of not knowing how to act.  I'm sure JL had no idea they were going to do it and would bet he let them know he wasn't happy with it after it happened.  A sportswriter definetly needs to address CJL regarding how HE felt about this classless display

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smazza

• S p e n c e

• MikeG

• South_Tampa_Knight

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The program has regressed this year, which is very sad for the past players that have worked hard to get the program moving in the right direction.  The B.S. stuff has to go, this clearly illustrates the lack of discipline and work ethic.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,800
  • Days Won:  213

If USF had won the game, would this post be made? Or if we had we played a close game? Maybe so--

Every week we have a new angle on what is wrong with the team-- a new theory. While I agree that "thuggery" (hate this term-- seems racist for some reason) is an issue we should nip in the bud if possible-- is this just another attempt to find some excuse for our poor play? Poor play really boils down to playing 17 freshmen and not performing or being able to perform versus superior competition. We were 30 point dogs for a reason--- and I hardly put any of that on "thuggery". No one really expected us to beat UL this time yet we are unhappy.

CJL often speaks about getting our fundamentals right (tackling, lanes, etc) and I think the attitude aspect also falls under this umbrella. So I agree with Mr. Mazza that we need to address this issue-- but I will extend it further that we should focus on getting our fundamentals in general back on track.

I don't ever want to see the USF at midfield jumping up and down on someone's logo OR taking some turf from midfield after a win for some opponent graveyard back in Tampa. You will notice that since we did that, we have not won again.

Let me apologize in advance to anyone who found that post disatisfying. God forbid that I feel free to post whatever I want to.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Mike I don't know what you are talking about sometimes, lately when someone posts some sort of criticism about, well anything really, you make the claim that they only showed up to make this complaint because of the loss, and the poor play of the team, and if we had won it would be a different story, blah blah blah.

Well this is not true in most cases, alot of posters on this board, myself included, who are making complaints about certain issues have been doing so going back to last season and in some cases even longer. If I see a problem, I don't care if we are 11-0 I am going to point it out.

And as for your "Posters who like to rain on everyone's parade theory" there was an entire thread on the 18 penalties in the TCU game, where nearly everyone on the board was very critical of, but in another post you made reference to this and trashed the people who were disappointed with the penalties as those who just find the negative in anything.

Well we cant win with you I guess?  If we lose and someone criticizes something, they are only pointing it out because we lost.

But if there is some criticism about a game we win, then we are just raining on everyones parade.  

Tell me how is your blind loyalty to the team doing any good?  If no one made complaints and just stood idly by like yourself and watch as a team began to spiral out of control how does that help?

Florida is the perfect example.  Don't you think the alumni had something to do with his departure?  If the Florida alumni were all like yourself and several other posters on this board, Ron Zook would have been set for life.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,800
  • Days Won:  213

Obviously someone is paranoid or confused. I posted my thoughts on the tpic here and made no mention of anything that you "quoted" me as saying.

Why don't you do us both a favor and stop worrying about what I write? If you weren't calling me out anytime I wanted to state my opinion, I surely would be responding to you at all.

If you find what I write distasteful-- ignore it. You clearly did not read my entire post-- I was actually agreeing with smazza. My opening questions were valid and were restatements of others sentiments (for example in case this isn't obvious to you-- someone said we aren't good enough to act like Miami-- had we beaten UL, technically we would be that good). Anyway-- It is responses like yours that make me want to stop posting or just start deleting my posts. I don't need to judged by you or others for everything I write or feel any need to defend my "blind loyalty". I would would be loyal to this team if they never won another game. I am not saying I like what is going on during the games but some people take things a bit farther than I feel is warranted. Losing to Southern Miss the way we did-- that wasn't a complete drubbing-- we still had a shot or two at the end. And I have done my share of second guessing many things with this program. But I believe that if someone has an opinion you need to either respect it or ignore it. I can't stand it when someone write "Fire Hobbie" and nothing else-- where is the thought behind that other than "he sucks". I would prefer reading someone who says why they think he sucks, why he should be fired, and who we should get to replace them. That is not a waste of my time because it allows me to see how the person thinks and see their perspective.

So like I said-- continue to hound me if you want to but I'm pretty much tired of having to defend my posts just because you read into them something they do not say or try to link various other pasts as you remember them to try to make it out to be some jackass. You're not alone-- I have many critics and for whatever reason, no one seems to want to hear that a fan here stiull believes in his team. I can't explain why that is other than I feel some compassion for the kids who are out there trying to win these games. They are trying to win so the fans can be proud  of their school and not have to suffer through goofy friends taunts during the UL game.

If you think it was tough to watch that game on TV-- let me tell you something, it was nothing as bad as actually being AT the game itself. That was about as close to Arkansas as I can remember (and unfortunately I went to that stinker as well).

But embarassed? Nope. I wear my school colors proudly and I will walk into any enemy camp with them on regardless of the outcome. It is after all is said and done, just a game. It is supposed to be fun and for me it is-- even when we lose-- to go to other schools and have new experiences. It's even better when we win those types of games though (like Pitt in 2001 or even TCU this year).

That's my approach-- and I'm sticking to it. You do whatever makes you feel good (or bad) about it-- that's your life.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry Mikey

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

can't we agree to disagree without being disagreeable

our play was embarassing

how we acted was embarassing