cophbulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

The Battle Continues.................vs. Louisville

By Matt Richardson

Ugh.

Well Coach Jimmy asked for it, he got it. It, being one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult schedules ever for the USF Bulls football team. Tough losses to South Carolina and Southern Miss wrapped around a big win over TCU right before a staggering loss to an Army team who was coming off it’s first win in 20 tries. That means they were 1-19 before coming into RayJay and left 2-19.

Coach JL says, “It was a tough loss, a real tough loss, and NOT because it was Army.†Uh, I don’t buy it coach, neither do you or you wouldn’t even have had to say that. Is Army better than their record shows? Yep, you bet. TBC pointed that out last week. Was this pre-punched a ‘W’ by our beloved gridiron team? TBC would bet on that also. JL can say what he wants but no team after losing 19 straight can be so much improved that they should be expected to go on the road and beat a stronger team. The Bulls were looking past Army, had to be, that’s the only explanation. I honestly, I don’t really blame the team for being apprehensive about their next game, cause tonight, ladies and gentlemen, it’s about to get a whole lot tougher.

USF is a 29.5-point underdog going into Papa John’s stadium to face the 18th ranked Louisville Cardinals. USF averages 24.8 points per game while Louisville averages 42.2. USF gives up 30.8 points per game while Louisville gives up 13.8 and a only allows a staggering 3.5 points per game at home.

Just by looking at those averages it’s no wonder why USF is a big underdog. Now look at the injury list, South Florida has 10 injured Bulls, 5 out for the season, 1 out for the game (Lee Roy Selmon) and two others questionable (Andre Hall, Santiago Gramatica).

Need more? Cardinal QB’s Stefan LeFors and Brian Brohm both average over 70% completion ratio. Seventy percent. Every ten times they throw the ball they connect over seven times. Ridiculous. These guys are so good that Mr. Lefors is a final nine Johnny Unitas candidate. That means some people think he is one of the top ten best QB’s in the country. Pat Julmiste’s completion ratio? 48.6 percent. He is not a JU finalist.

Speaking of Pat, in case anyone is wondering, TCB asked Coach JL if Julmiste was still the starter. JL answered empathically that, yes, he was. And to tell you the truth, he didn’t look none to happy to be asked that question. So like him or not, he is our guy. TCB doesn’t mind this. PJ is struggling, no doubt about it, but he is a warrior and a leader. He exudes positive emotion and his team will follow him and play better because of who he is. TCB says Good Luck PJ, you’re going to need it for the next couple of weeks.

Now TCB is hearing a lot about how our season is over and yes it would look as if our beloved bulls were out of the bowl picture. The Bulls could very easily be 2-5 going into the East Carolina game and would be officially out of the hunt. But I say hold on l’il buckaroos, stranger things have happened. You think Miami thought Louisville was going to play as they did? I remember a couple years back a certain Louisville team who at that time wasn’t even on the national map had a certain Florida school come into town and what did Cards do? Took ‘em to the wood shed is what they did. One of the biggest upsets in CUSA history. And what about the Bulls? Do we forget so soon a 35-26 whipping placed on the storied Pitt Panthers? Upsets do happen so don’t think the Bulls are done quite yet.

So with that being said are the Bulls going to find their miracle this week?

Uh, not likely.

TCB prediction, take Louisville give up the points.

Bull’s fans it’s going to be ugly. The Cardinals are looking to be satiated after losing that game against Miami. Pat Julmiste says about the two teams, “Hey they lost, we lost.†Pat I love the confidence, but while the Cardinals are looking to avenge not only last week’s loss to the Hurricanes but last year’s loss to the Bulls, USF is just looking scared. The only way Louisville isn’t going to cover is if they get so far ahead that the second team comes in and the Bulls play them tight the rest of the way.

Louisville cruises 42-3.

TCB is 3-2 straight up (TCU, Army) 4-1 against the spread (South Carolina)

Need more Bulls?

Listen to Tyler and Jordan on “Got Sports?â€Â

Up to the minute sports news and live call-ins

Tuesday afternoon’s @ 5pm on 1620am WBUL

Matt Richardson is a contributing writer for SouthFloridaBulls.com.  His columns appear regularly throughout the season. You can e-him at cophbulls@southfloridabulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

battle

more like an ass kicking