Analogy from Sat. Nite's Game vsArmy (kinda crude)

BullDoug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

When you havta go to a game vs a D1AA or bottom of the barrel D1A team and your team loses, its kinda like going on a blind date because you have a so called "need".  The woman you will be meeting just happens to be a "slumpbuster" with a great personality and a rep of being accomodating to gentlemen.  Since you have this "great need", you dress up a little bit, maybe take her to a slightly nicer restaurant than usual.  You give more effort flirting during your conversations.  Now when it comes time for the "need erasal/removal", you get shut out for whatever reason.  You had this big expectation of a big finalle(sp?) so you compromised your standards but the pay-off never comes to fruition.  The feelings afterwards just truly suck and there really ain't nobody to blame except yourself for expecting something was a "done deal". :-/

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Indeed!

Guest CollegeCard
When you havta go to a game vs a D1AA or bottom of the barrel D1A team and your team loses, its kinda like going on a blind date because you have a so called "need".  The woman you will be meeting just happens to be a "slumpbuster" with a great personality and a rep of being accomodating to gentlemen.  Since you have this "great need", you dress up a little bit, maybe take her to a slightly nicer restaurant than usual.  You give more effort flirting during your conversations.  Now when it comes time for the "need erasal/removal", you get shut out for whatever reason.  You had this big expectation of a big finalle(sp?) so you compromised your standards but the pay-off never comes to fruition.  The feelings afterwards just truly suck and there really ain't nobody to blame except yourself for expecting something was a "done deal". :-/

And then to top it off, the following Friday you have to meet up the guy that scored on/with her 8 times(7 TD's, 1 FG)! Plus that guy only gave it up 3 times and 2 of those were practically the next morning (late in the 4th) when the guy figured what the heck, it can't hurt this late! That could lead a guy to the ::bottle:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Why hello collegecard, good to see you've found your way over here from killerfrogs.  Are we still a little bitter over last year?  Comparing scores of a like team is folley and you know it.

2002 ND beat FSU by more than Miami that year.  Miami made the NC.  I could give examples forever.

Granted, I expect UL to win, but I think USF will cover the spread on a beat-up UL team that will NOT scheme for us like they did UM.

Guest CollegeCard

No, that was just in jest with continuing his story!

I do expect the Cards to be pretty healthy with 8 days to recover and not too many guys with actual injuries, just more general tough game bruising that should hopefully be fine.

We have covered the spread by at least a TD in every game this year but the only time it was this high was 28 against the Knights and I don't think it'll be that kind of game Friday.

Last year was only on local broadcast in the Lou. metro so for those of us in other areas this will be the first time to see our teams play, I'm looking forward to it!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

UL fans have a right to talk smack.  Plain and simple.  Yeah we beat them last year but they've zoomed right past us in a short amount of time. :-/