just curious

Guest wildrover

Guest wildrover

What is the makeup of our team in terms of Freshman Sophmore etc...etc...

I'm interested in just how young this team is?  Somebody told me our Defensive Line is made up primarily of Fresh and Sophmore I was curious to know if this is true and what is it like for the rest of the team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

ol-  JR and seniors

wr - fr so jr

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think these are most of our top youngsters:

QB - Pat Julmiste (So.), Louis Gachette (Fr.), and Courtney Denson (Fr.?)

WR - Johnny Peyton (Fr.), S.J. Green (So.), J.B. Garris (Fr.), Jackie Chambers (Fr.), and Marcus Edwards (Fr.)

RB - Ricky Ponton (Fr.), Andre Copeland (Fr.), and Chad Simpson (Fr.)

OL - Nick Capogna (Fr.), Shadie Jones (Fr.), Jake Griffin (Fr.), Martin Toewe (Fr.), Matt Huners (Fr.), Jerome Springfield (Fr.), Walter Walker (Fr.), and Marc Dile (Fr.)

DL - Tavarious Robinson (So.), Richard Clebert (Fr.), Ramon McCullough (So.), and Josh Julmiste (Fr.)

LB - Stephen Nicholas (So.),  Patrick St Louis (So.), Josh Balloon (Fr.), Ronnie McCullough (Fr.), Ben Moffit (Fr.), and C.J. Hunnicutt (Fr.)

DB - Mike Jenkins (Fr.), A.J. Brant (Fr.), Danny Verpaele (Fr.), Trae Williams (Fr.), and Carlton Williams (Fr.)

That doesn't count the players who didn't qualify from our last recruiting class who still plan on coming here(as far as I know). Guys like Jariette Buie and Terrance Jones.

Guest wildrover

are those guys starters?  I'm interested in how many veterans we have out there, if this team is as young as everybody says then I think we have a bright future, that means most f these guys will be starters for 4 years, they'll be wired tight by the team they're seniors.  For now, we wait

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

QB - Julmiste starts.

WR - S.J. Green is the Bulls' leading receiver. Peyton and Garris are 3rd and 5th respectively in receiving among the WRs (Andre Hall is ahead of both.)

OL - I think Walker, Capogna, and Springfield are all on the 2 deep. I'm pretty sure Griffin is up there also.

DL - Robinson starts at DE and is 3rd among DL in tackles to go along with a sack.

LB -  Nicholas, St. Louis, and McCullough are the Bulls' 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading tacklers, respectively. Moffit and Balloon are 2nd stringers.

DB - Jenkins, Trae Williams, and Verpaele all have started at one point this year. Brant is the backup right corner. Williams also is the Bulls' leading kick returner (25.3 avg.) and has their lone INT on the season, which he returned for a TD.

I think that covers most of the young guys but somebody like SBien, E.T., or Howie might be able to break it down a little better.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

we better recruit better players than the ones above