Mike Hobbie's Play Calling...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

Reasons why I am calling for Mike Hobbie's head...

Take a look at this drive:

U 1-10 U20   SOUTH FLORIDA drive start at 06:28 (1st).

U 1-10 U20   CHAMBERS, J. rush for 4 yards to the USF24  (SULLIVAN, Will).

U 2-6  U24   HALL,  Andre rush for 57 yards to the ARMY19, 1ST DOWN USF (STITH, Ray).

U 1-10 A19   HALL,  Andre rush for 10 yards to the ARMY9, 1ST DOWN USF (LEWIS, Jonathan).

U 1-G  A09   HALL,  Andre rush for 3 yards to the ARMY6 (TARVER, Dhyan).

U 2-G  A06   CROSSLEY, C. rush for 4 yards to the ARMY2 (BREWER, Delente;TARVER, Dhyan).

U 3-G  A02   JULMISTE, Pat pass intercepted by MAIMONE, Matt at the ARMY3, MAIMONE, Matt return 21 yards to the ARMY24 (JULMISTE, Pat).

Had we run the ball, we could have scored and gone up 14-7 in the 1st quarter.  Instead, the first ended at 7-7.  And considering that we lost the game by a touchdown, seems to me the selection of the FIRST PASS on the drive led directly to the loss.

Hobbie has problems like this in every game.

He doesn't understand the simple concept of "dancing with the partner that brought you".

Fire Mike Hobbie Now!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S p e n c e

• CyberBull

• bulls96go

• bulls87

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

JIm,

I agree about problems like this every game.  It's ridiculous.  And when Army committed to stopping the run, what did we do?  We went right to the spread.  And it was ineffective.  Our pass offense was 10 of 23 for 116 yards.  43 of those on the late TD to Bain (which was a nice pass by the way).  Peyton should have had the one early in the fourth quarter also.  

Overall though, the defense cost us this game with the poor tackling.

Guest wildrover

I've been saying for awhile now that I think our defense is suspect.  Last night proved it.  They are young but the secondary looks like their easily fooled and QB's are picking them apart.  Our defnesive line cant get penetration for some reason.  They give QB's all day, something needs to change.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

The guy and his calls are a joke.  Get rid of him now before its too late.

Guest wildrover

Mike Hobbie needs to go!! if there was more media attention in this town around that team I think that would be a huge topic of discussion.  He does not have what it takes tocall plays at this level.  He refuses to acknowledge that his scheme can not be run well with the players he has.  That type of attachment to ideoaology can get you into trouble and many a head coach have been given their papers because of it. (e.g. Tony Dungee)  I don't see us changing much though, this season, as well as the last ha shown they will continue to beat there head against the wall.  The season in my opinion is basically a wash at this point.  WE will not go to a bowl so for me, its just a matter of getting through it and start hoping for the future with the stellare recruiting classes we've had in the past I know things will get better but for now I think i'm going to go to bulls football games and watch with the same sort of apathy I do when I go to their basketball games.  I go, I have fun but if they win great, but if they lose, then its really no big deal, its just a game and a fun distraction for a few hours, thats all they should be about anyway right?  

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90

The problem is, is that you can blow smoke up so many prospects asses, telling them our offense is great and they really have a chance before the smoke dies to a burning ember ready to go out. In order to get the top players, you have to have a top program. In order to get the fans out, you need to win, and get recognition. In order to win you need coaching that is up to a 1-A caliber. At this point this year, we have none of the above. All I hear are excuses, not solutions. I think if I hear coach say we need to gut check our character any more, I will puke! We need DRASTIC changes now. If not to correct it this year, but for the future.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Reasons why I am calling for Mike Hobbie's head...

Take a look at this drive:

U 1-10 U20   SOUTH FLORIDA drive start at 06:28 (1st).

U 1-10 U20   CHAMBERS, J. rush for 4 yards to the USF24  (SULLIVAN, Will).

U 2-6  U24   HALL,  Andre rush for 57 yards to the ARMY19, 1ST DOWN USF (STITH, Ray).

U 1-10 A19   HALL,  Andre rush for 10 yards to the ARMY9, 1ST DOWN USF (LEWIS, Jonathan).

U 1-G  A09   HALL,  Andre rush for 3 yards to the ARMY6 (TARVER, Dhyan).

U 2-G  A06   CROSSLEY, C. rush for 4 yards to the ARMY2 (BREWER, Delente;TARVER, Dhyan).

U 3-G  A02   JULMISTE, Pat pass intercepted by MAIMONE, Matt at the ARMY3, MAIMONE, Matt return 21 yards to the ARMY24 (JULMISTE, Pat).

Had we run the ball, we could have scored and gone up 14-7 in the 1st quarter.  Instead, the first ended at 7-7.  And considering that we lost the game by a touchdown, seems to me the selection of the FIRST PASS on the drive led directly to the loss.

Hobbie has problems like this in every game.

He doesn't understand the simple concept of "dancing with the partner that brought you".

Fire Mike Hobbie Now!

is that your only grip...then stand in line smazza has launched a scorched earth attack. oc must go!!

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

Dont foget when we were down by one TD late in the game with plenty of time for a sustained running drive/attack we went to the cute gimmick offense and ended up fumbling a pass that was 5 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage giving Army the winning TD.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Dont foget when we were down by one TD late in the game with plenty of time for a sustained running drive/attack we went to the cute gimmick offense and ended up fumbling a pass that was 5 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage giving Army the winning TD.

Oh God, that was the ugliest play I think I've ever seen. It was a shotgun backfield pitch play, but Julmiste went through the full step-and-follow-through and put air under the ball even though his target was four feet away. And even though it has to be quick for the play to work at all.

I can't help but think the QB coaches were trying to correct his mechanics all game, and it kicked in at exactly the wrong time. Not to mention that Army had the play sniffed out the whole time.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

stop the bleeding if you want to save the patient