Steve Spurrier was at the game...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

the amount of national attention and increase in ticket sales would far outwigh whatever the cost of buying out Leavitt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bulls87

• Apis Bull

• South_Tampa_Knight

• Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

In Leavitt I trust.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

You guys are nuts for even thinking about spurrier at this point.

Jim Leavitt is your coach. He built this program and knows what is needed.

We will get new coordinators on offense this year just after signing day.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

STK, not that I want Spurrier here anyways, but you keep saying his loyalty is with Florida.  

If that is true then why did he leave for the NFL?  His loyalty to the gators doesnt run as deep as his love for himself.  If he thinks taking another college football gig will get him national attention, and a shot at another national title he will certainly go for it.  He has a Huuuuuuge ego.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Just say for a second that Spurrier would consider coming to USF to coach, and the team TOTALLY tanked this year.

You think the school wouldn't find a way to buy-out Leavitt's contract?  

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.   We buy out a contract, and then offer what kind to Spurrier?  100,000/year?  Be realistic, we couldn't afford spurrier, and would struggle mightily just to get rid of leavitt.

Leavitt, who buit this program and has a record better than most division 1-a coaches.  He is not immortal, and the time will come to consider firing hiim if losing continues.  If he tanks the team and shows NO improvement through the end of 2005, then its time to consider firing leavitt.

Or are you suggesting that Spurrier would come here for very cheap?  You know what, while we're dreaming why not pick up Parcells?  **** Vermeil has been struggling lately, maybe we could pay him a little bit to come here :).

Now, as far as firing coaches goes, somebody's number IS up.  Get Hobbie out of here, he's making me sick.

And somebody teach our defense not to overpursue (*cough* leavitt we're watching).  This team needs work and it needs work fast.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

STK, not that I want Spurrier here anyways, but you keep saying his loyalty is with Florida.  

If that is true then why did he leave for the NFL?  His loyalty to the gators doesnt run as deep as his love for himself.  If he thinks taking another college football gig will get him national attention, and a shot at another national title he will certainly go for it.  He has a Huuuuuuge ego.

If it was possible to win college games with egos I would change my mind and vote for our getting him.  That ego would win worldwide.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.   We buy out a contract, and then offer what kind to Spurrier?  100,000/year?  Be realistic, we couldn't afford spurrier, and would struggle mightily just to get rid of leavitt.

Leavitt, who buit this program and has a record better than most division 1-a coaches.  He is not immortal, and the time will come to consider firing hiim if losing continues.  If he tanks the team and shows NO improvement through the end of 2005, then its time to consider firing leavitt.

Or are you suggesting that Spurrier would come here for very cheap?  You know what, while we're dreaming why not pick up Parcells?  **** Vermeil has been struggling lately, maybe we could pay him a little bit to come here :).

Now, as far as firing coaches goes, somebody's number IS up.  Get Hobbie out of here, he's making me sick.

And somebody teach our defense not to overpursue (*cough* leavitt we're watching).  This team needs work and it needs work fast.

I agree our OC sucks (how many freaking times are you going to run a bootleg w/PJ before his freaking legs fall off and then we have to put Banks in??!!  Don't we have two decent running backs??  Jeez...), but I think his "suckyness" is exacerbated by our horrible offensive players.   PJ is not a Div 1A QB.  Anybody who thinks this guy will start next year and all of our verbals end up coming in, is crazy.  He just doen't have it and to me plays scared.  Our receivers have stone hands, NEVER make big plays ( see Johnny Peyton in the endzone), and never break any tackles.  Heck they usually fall down when they catch the ball (which is sometimes due to poor passes).

Also our defensive backfield is a joke.  I keep forgetting #19's name (Allyson?) but he has been exploited by every team we've played this year.  He is not going to get better with age.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

Zook will be gone if he goes 8-5 with a bowl loss, so Spurrier will ride into G'Ville on his white horse and save the Gators decade.  In appreciation of JL giving his kid a scholarship and starting position Spurrier give JL his play book and throws us some UF recruiting scraps.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

If Zook salvages his season, Spurrier comes to USF lets his kid start, takes the USF program to the top of the Big East and then leaves once the UF alumni have had enough of Zook.  Spurrier wants to coach in FL again in a BCS conference but he can't untill Zook or JL leave.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

no Steve Spurrier at USF.  NO!!!

Ever!!

STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS.