Steve Spurrier was at the game...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

Stop your dreaming, SOS will never coach another Florida school but UF.  He is a Gator to death and would never go head to head with UF, so close to Gainesville.

Besides, SOS will be heading to Texas by years end.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bulls87

• Apis Bull

• South_Tampa_Knight

• Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

This could be a great project for Steve.  I say our AD, whoever that is these days give Jr a full ride with the stipulation that dad becomes the new hc or oc.  Stranger things have happened.  Who would ever thought pitino would be at ul?  NOBODY!!  Our AD should start the behind the scenes talk with SS and convince him this is the place, then can the staff.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Bullman,

We owe Leavitt at another year before we screw him over. Leavitt is the coach and wants to be here for a long time. Where on Earth would you find a coach that wants to stay with USF??? Leavitt deserves better treatment right now. We just have a young team that will get better next season.

As for Spurrier, I say we get Scott here at USF. This kid is a true USF fan. We know he is going to give it all he has got like a Rudy. I say we make sure we gett the young Spurrier which should help bring more name recognition for USF. I will be a win win for both parties.

Ah bullman, I could be wrong, but what you suggest would be quite the NCAA violation.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

Ah bullman, I could be wrong, but what you suggest would be quite the NCAA violation.

2 things.

One you are right, offering his dad a "job" for giving his son a full ride is probably against the rules.  

Giving his dad a job and having his dad give his son a full ride is a different one.

Two: Last time I checked SSSR (Steve Spurrier SR) had enough financial stability that money shouldnt be an issue for his son to pick a school. If he thinks he can play here and make the 2 deep thats all this kid needs to worry about. THe Spurriers are not hurting for money.

That said I dont want Spurrier here. It would divde the fan base....

Those of you that actually think SOS would come to USF don't know SOS.  He is a Gator first, you have to understand that.  He will not coach in the same state as his school.  He will not tarnish his image at UF, it is one of the most important things to him.

The reason he will go to Texas is because he won't have to play UF unless its a bowl game,

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Two: Last time I checked SSSR (Steve Spurrier SR) had enough financial stability that money shouldnt be an issue for his son to pick a school.

Yeah, but that's not the point. An athletic scholarship offer shows a level of commitment on the school's part. If he receives it, he knows the school is serious about putting him on the field.

Also, the kid probably has some desire to earn his own way in life, rather than ride dear ol' Dad's coattails.

I know if my name was Steve Spurrier Jr. and I played football in the state of Florida, I'd go to great lengths to silence those who whisper that my scholarship status was only earned because of my famous namesake.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we do not need him and certainly should not PAY for him!

jl is still the man, he needs a new OC and QB coach

what about the QB coach from Marshall, pennington and leftwich seem to have done well , is he available maybe sos could help swing him here

the qb coach from miami OH rothslingberger seems well prepared for the next level

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

We can't afford to buy out leavitt's contract.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

We can't afford to buy out leavitt's contract.

Just say for a second that Spurrier would consider coming to USF to coach, and the team TOTALLY tanked this year.

You think the school wouldn't find a way to buy-out Leavitt's contract?