C-USA Games this week

sdgukhsdgl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

UL @ Miami- Thursday night ESPN, Should be a good game IMO.  Miami is not as dominant of a team as they have been in the past and UL has looked solid.

TCU @ UAB- Friday night ESPN,  This could get ugly. Quick.  UAB with the Hackney and Moore connection could get 300yds by themselves against the steel curtain defense of TCU!  In the long run this is good though, more TCU losses is better for us.  

Tulane @ Memphis- Another game that could be ugly, quick.  Tulane just lost to ECU, nuff said.  Memphis has had their moments and should come out of this with a win easily.

USM @ Bama- gameplan, Not sure about this one, havent really seen Bama this year and USM proved nothing to me at our game.  Toss up

Army @ USF- gameplan, Well they depend on the run which is good, but our safeties have been suspect and they are key to stopping options.  Still think we are too good at this point and too much on the line to lose this one.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Believe UL will be competitive in the Orange Bowl but I suspect they will lose by the line.  It would be a great win for the NBE if UL could pull it off.  The cards would catapult to the Top 12 maybe 10.

TCU@UAB should be interesting.  Memphis walks away easily w/a W.  USM@Bama is a curious one.  If Almond is healthy which I doubt he is, USM has a good chance.  They had a long week to prepare and I believe the Eagle D is for real.  Their OL matchup size wise to the Tide too.  I agree about your Army@USF asessment.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

USM @ Bama- gameplan, Not sure about this one, havent really seen Bama this year and USM proved nothing to me at our game.  Toss up

Some points to ponder on this one...

From ESPN:

Hudson undergoes surgery for fractured knee

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama tailback Ray Hudson will miss the rest of the season with a fractured right knee after undergoing surgery on Tuesday.

Hudson, the Southeastern Conference's second-leading rusher, was injured on a running play in the third quarter of Saturday's 45-17 victory at Kentucky.

The Crimson Tide is already without quarterback Brodie Croyle, also out for the season with a knee injury.

"There's nothing we can do about Brodie, there's nothing we can do about Ray," coach Mike Shula said. "The mindset's got to be like, 'Hey, let's move on. We're the guys that can do something about this."'

Sophomore Ken Darby will make his first start for the Tide (4-2) against Southern Mississippi (4-0, No. 25 ESPN/USA Today, No. 24 AP) Saturday.

Darby has rushed for 437 yards and five touchdowns, getting only 13 fewer carries than Hudson. Tim Castille plays both fullback and tailback and has run for four TDs.

With Hudson leading the way, the Tide offense finally clicked against the Wildcats after getting just 13 points and one touchdown in back-to-back losses. It was the most points an Alabama offense has produced in an SEC game since 2000 and the most in a league road game since 1991.

Hudson had gained 343 yards in the three games since Croyle's season-ending knee injury, including the lone touchdown on a 63-yard scamper against Arkansas. He was finally the starter after three years as a backup.

Alabama ranks last in the league in passing and 112th nationally. The running game is tops in the SEC and 13th in the country, with Hudson gaining 638 yards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1900555

AND

From the Houston Chroncile:

Hamstring injury sidelines Southern Miss QB

HATTIESBURG, MISS. - Southern Mississippi quarterback Dustin Almond, who was injured while scoring a touchdown last week, will miss the Golden Eagles' game against Alabama on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Almond pulled his left hamstring on an 18-yard touchdown run with less than two minutes remaining in Eagles' win over UH.

"Dustin will be out for a while," coach Jeff Bower said Monday. "We don't know how long."

Damion Carter, who replaced Almond and threw the winning touchdown pass in overtime against the Cougars, will start against the Crimson Tide.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/college/2842942

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

so in other words... its USM will win 3-2

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

hope usm gets spanked