Any shot at winning BE this year?

SoFlaBulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UConn will most definitely run our brains out.  Louisville will throw all over our defense.

We will be 4-3 for the fourth year in a row.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

1 loss, I think we should call the NCAA and tell them we don't want to have a football team anymore. The sky is falling, all is lost.

It doesn't appear to be just this one loss that is troubling people.

It is the obvious deficiencies seen in personnel & coaching (DEFINITELY COACHING) that trouble many of us.

The team looked very good @ NC State.

Other than that, it would be hard to believe this team's not going to repeat the same foolish stuff at least once or twice more down the Big East stretch.

Unless a couple of our coaches COMPLETELY change their ENTIRE philosophy on the game of football, I'm pretty sure we'll see AT LEAST one and quite possibly two more losses.  Cincy & UConn are both better than Pitt, in my opinion.

Guest nybullsfan

I'd like to amend my season prediction of 13-0.

I think we'll go 12-1 now.

Stop being so negative guys.  We lost a game.  USC lost, UF lost, Wisconsin lost, OSU lost.  Granted, we aren't in the national title race now like those teams are, but that's why we need to be ranked higher in the preseason polls that so many people don't care about because "it will take care of itself."  That's not always true.  USC just went up in the BCS from us losing (we were 8th, right ahead of USC) and they can get back in.  We can't, [glow=red,2,300]but we can still win the Big East because Pitt should lose at least 2 more.[/glow]

Well, trhat's a good thing, because they AND UConn have to loose AT LEAST that many for us to have a chance (with tie breakers.)

No, if we were to beat every other team, then UConn would be taken care of.  There's a chance we'd win the tie-breaker if Pitt and UConn both only had 1 loss.  If Pitt loses 2 and we win out, we win.

Look, there's a good chance we lose another game, but there's also a good chance Pitt loses 2 and someone completely different wins the Big East.  The point is that this does not derail the chance for a Big East title.  If we'd beaten UConn last year we would have won the Big East with 2 losses.

The only 2 things out of the question now are Grothe winning the Heisman and USF going to the national championship game.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the Big East HAS any tie-breakers. Last year UCONN lost to WVU, and were still declared Co-Champs. The Fiesta COULD HAVE chosen UConn, but took WVU instead (better fan support, more drama, better TV ratings, etc). The Sun Bowl also COULD HAVE chosen UConn, but took us instead.

So, if we win out, that puts us at 6-1. If Pitt loses only once, to whoever, we will be Co-Champs. The BCS could then choose either one of us.

The sky hasn't fallen, we just need some help now, and hope either UCONN or WVU takes out Pitt (preferably both!).

More importantly, we need to take care of our own business (penaties, blown coverages, missed tackles, rolling Grothe out of the pocket, not dropping balls, etc), or we've got no chance of winning out.

The week off should help, and we will DESTROY Syracuse.

• Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

a tie goes to the highest rated team in BCS poll

I have not given up on this team. We are 5-1 and will still be ranked. We are capable of winning out. The problem is that we are NOT deep and injuries have hurt, specially last night. We are NOT as good as some thought when we were top 10. We NEED to play at the top of our abilities to win, we are not good enough to have bad games and beat most BE teams.

With that said Ill be there vs Syracuse andon.

Go Bulls!!!

• Content Count:  1,042
  • Days Won:  0

I am so tired of hearing about the "over pursuit of our defense."  You know what's amazing... the best defenses in the country pursue for 60 minutes and can shut down a crappy offense like that of Pitt's.   Seriously, every USF die hard knew what Pitt was going to do on offense after the first quarter was over.  Come on... screen passes, shuffle passes, and runs up the gut beat us tonight.  By the way - nice kick off Alvarado!!!

exactly.. which is why it was a bad PERSONNEL matchup.  the same crap happened to us last year against rutgers-- stud RB runs up the middle of our small defense, matt grothe gets hurried and cant make plays with bodies in his face.  a true sign of a PERSONNEL mismatch is when the other team knows exactly what you're about to do and you still do it anyways.

everyone talks about how the recruiting rankings dont mean jack.. well they DO.  personnel-wise, we got run over and by no means were we outcoached (IMO).  there was really nothing our coaching staff could have done.  we DONT have the horses to stop what was going on.

that is crap. how do you beat the blitz? slant passes or play action. did we do ANY of that?

this reminded me so much of the Oregon game...sad!

just when you start to believe! CJL throws sand in your face!

They blitzed on every third down. Anybody else notice this? I wish we could've blitzed a few times.

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

If USF wins the rest of its games, it will win the Big East. Pitt's too predictable and too one-dimensional to go 6-1 in conference play, so I'm not worried about losing the tiebreaker with them (it is head-to-head, not BCS standing).

The question is, can USF win its remaining six games? Probably not, but is 5-2 good enough? It might be. I don't think any Big East team is dominant enough to win 6 or 7 games, and USF probably fares well in a tie at 5-2.

Archived