• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am THE man.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I like the 'lifelong' Ray's fans.  Unless your 10-12 years old then that sounds a bit ridiculous.  I am a big Rays fan, I was at their first game, had ticket package for a few seasons, but 'lifelong', well I've liked baseball for more than 11 years, and before that I was a Braves fan, then a Brewers fan. 

In the end I like baseball, but I love football.  No matter how hard I try I still can't think about myself missing a USF Football game for a Ray's playoff game.  World Series game, maybe, playoff game ahhh, not so much.  I wouldn't miss a Bulls game for a Bucs game.  With a University, presuming you attended, there is a lifelong connection and bond, with pro teams they come and go.

A man has to have a heirarchy of sports interest to avoid contradictions....mine is first football, then Bulls football, then everything else.... ;D  For those that say this is a 'dream' to make the first playoff game then be sure to attend a few dozen Rays games if/when the team someday has a tough spot and is back down to 75-95.  I have a couple of fans that are now 'huge' Rays fans, but wouldn't even know about the game, let alone the channel when I asked them if they saw the rays game last night, and this was 3 months ago let alone 2 years ago.

• Content Count:  1,812

I like the 'lifelong' Ray's fans.  Unless your 10-12 years old then that sounds a bit ridiculous.  I am a big Rays fan, I was at their first game, had ticket package for a few seasons, but 'lifelong', well I've liked baseball for more than 11 years, and before that I was a Braves fan, then a Brewers fan. 

In the end I like baseball, but I love football.  No matter how hard I try I still can't think about myself missing a USF Football game for a Ray's playoff game.  World Series game, maybe, playoff game ahhh, not so much.  I wouldn't miss a Bulls game for a Bucs game.  With a University, presuming you attended, there is a lifelong connection and bond, with pro teams they come and go.

A man has to have a heirarchy of sports interest to avoid contradictions....mine is first football, then Bulls football, then everything else.... ;D  For those that say this is a 'dream' to make the first playoff game then be sure to attend a few dozen Rays games if/when the team someday has a tough spot and is back down to 75-95.  I have a couple of fans that are now 'huge' Rays fans, but wouldn't even know about the game, let alone the channel when I asked them if they saw the rays game last night, and this was 3 months ago let alone 2 years ago.

This is not as easy as it sounds.

I was at the first ever for both teams; but at the Rays game it was  my birthday and I got a jersey with my age on the back (30) and they did the happy birthday on the scoreboard(a friend works for the team) The first game was on 3/31/98.

I have not been to every Rays game since then but have been to all but 2 Bulls games and made up for the Bulls games by hitting about 15 road games. The problem is that one is a history making playoff game and the other is not.

The nice part is that like with the Lightning it is a series and that means that there are potentially 3 games to see at home; unlike the Lightning the tickets do not cost an arm and a leg for good seats.

It always strikes as funny when someone judges another fans commitment.

• Content Count:  667

if having to choose, you gotta go to the rays game.. its the 1st year we've made it to the postseason.. and even tho every game matters in college football, i've been to a number of USF-PITT regular season games... no one has ever been to a rays postseason game.. that environment will be electric.  i'd relate it to when WVU came to tampa last year.

• Content Count:  883

A man has to have a hierarchy of sports interest to avoid contradictions....mine is first football, then Bulls football, then everything else.... ;D  For those that say this is a 'dream' to make the first playoff game then be sure to attend a few dozen Rays games if/when the team someday has a tough spot and is back down to 75-95.  I have a couple of fans that are now 'huge' Rays fans, but wouldn't even know about the game, let alone the channel when I asked them if they saw the rays game last night, and this was 3 months ago let alone 2 years ago.

I was a Braves fan before the Rays too.  Didn't go to the Rays first game, but I was at their first win the next day.  My hierarchy is football (Bulls and Bucs) is #1 and baseball is #1A.  Golf and NASCAR follow behind.     

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Twin might get the Central.  Thought Chicago was a lock.  We lost the last series to them...

Angels look like they will have the best record... a win tonight (4-4 in Top 9), and they will be 3 up with 3 to play.  Rays hold the head-to-head... so for the Rays to get home field (and selection of the series A or B), Rays need to win out and Angels would need to lose out.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I have no question where I'll be but for those that have been Rays fans since the beginning and it comes down to their first playoff game or the Pitt game I wouldn't blame them for going to the Rays game...unless of course it's someone I know in which case I'll rag on them until i have to miss a home game for some reason and they get the opportunity to give me a hard time

playoffs always take presedence over regular season for me though with college football it is a little different...and if it's going to a game vs watching it on TV going is going to win out 99% of the time...that's what score updates and TiVo are for

Archived