Pitt game may be empty...

ZeroBullChip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Well being a Red Sox fan, I'll be pulling for the Sox to win the division so the Rays first 2 games will be on the road, thus allowing anyone who may be torn to no longer have that tough decision on their shoulders!

Hum...good point, except for being a red sox fan.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,016

Just to clarify things a bit.  The selection of series A or Series B is made by the team with the best record in teh American League (probably the A wongels). The American League matchups are set (you don't play a wild card team from your own division).  So it will be Angels Vs. Red Sox and Rays vs Central Division winner (probably White Sox).

Rule of thumb on the selection of series is based on pitching.  Series A is easier on your relief pitchers, series B is easier on your starters.  Since the Angels rely on their starters heavily I think they will select the Thursday game, if not then we would probably have the day game since we would be going up agains either Cubs - Phillies (Mets) or Dodgers - Mets (Phillies).

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

There is a link on the rays website to email comment.  I sent them an email notifying them nicely that locally, the day other than Thursday may be the best if given a choice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

It's probably going to be bad, attendancewise, even besides the potential rays home game. Fact is that it's a school night and you are going to have a TON of moms and kids not there for that reason. Hopefully those tix will find their way into others's hands.

I hereby swear to never force my (future) children to miss a USF game they would otherwise go to in the name of school...priorities people   ;)

I agree.  I either let them miss school or get a baby sitter.  I can justify kids missing school for a USF game because they are in essence "getting familiar with the college they will be attending in the future."  So, its education related, right?

I remember, just barely, when I used to think like that ...................  8)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

It's probably going to be bad, attendancewise, even besides the potential rays home game. Fact is that it's a school night and you are going to have a TON of moms and kids not there for that reason. Hopefully those tix will find their way into others's hands.

Didn't see many 'kids' at the Friday Night game that started at 8PM.  Most didnt get home until after midnight, that's tough for just about any school age kid to stay-up for school or not.

Thursday game should be fine.

I hope you're right but I know around 16 moms/kids that won;t be going on Thursday. Hopefully, that's an aberration ...

Just to clarify things a bit.  The selection of series A or Series B is made by the team with the best record in teh American League (probably the A wongels). The American League matchups are set (you don't play a wild card team from your own division).  So it will be Angels Vs. Red Sox and Rays vs Central Division winner (probably White Sox).

Rule of thumb on the selection of series is based on pitching.  Series A is easier on your relief pitchers, series B is easier on your starters.  Since the Angels rely on their starters heavily I think they will select the Thursday game, if not then we would probably have the day game since we would be going up agains either Cubs - Phillies (Mets) or Dodgers - Mets (Phillies).

Good points, but the Red Sox could still win the division and play the Central winner, too.

• Content Count:  1,787
  • Days Won:  5

i'm pretty sure the rays can win two more.. especially against detroit

i'm pretty sure the rays can win two more.. especially against detroit

Well, they aren't the Mets, so I'm sure they feel better about it.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Just to clarify things a bit.  The selection of series A or Series B is made by the team with the best record in teh American League (probably the A wongels). The American League matchups are set (you don't play a wild card team from your own division).  So it will be Angels Vs. Red Sox and Rays vs Central Division winner (probably White Sox).

Rule of thumb on the selection of series is based on pitching.  Series A is easier on your relief pitchers, series B is easier on your starters.  Since the Angels rely on their starters heavily I think they will select the Thursday game, if not then we would probably have the day game since we would be going up agains either Cubs - Phillies (Mets) or Dodgers - Mets (Phillies).

Yep, I think we should hopefully be fine, and end up with a Wednesday game (although that doesn't benefit the Rays).  The Angels will chose the Thursday game to try to force the BoSox into a 4 man rotation (rather than a 3).  Starting on Wednesday would make a 3 man rotation easy for teams as it offers an extra day of rest.  Starting on Thur, you play 4 games in 5 days, and make it really tough on a 3 man rotation (and most likely unwise as the #1 would have to come back on 3 days of rest).  Considering the Angels easily go 4 deep with Garland, Id take that matchup all day long over Wakefield or Byrd. 

As long as the Rays don't pass up the Angels,  Id put it at a 99% chance the Rays will be playing on Wednesday. 

Just to clarify things a bit.  The selection of series A or Series B is made by the team with the best record in teh American League (probably the A wongels). The American League matchups are set (you don't play a wild card team from your own division).  So it will be Angels Vs. Red Sox and Rays vs Central Division winner (probably White Sox).

It could also be Rays @ Angels and White Sox @ Red Sox (if Boston wins the AL East)...

We'll know more tonight - Tampa Bay's Magic Number is 2 (Boston being 3 GB with 5 to play, and remember - Tampa Bay owns the head to head tie breaker).  If Tampa Bay wins and the Red Sox lose tonight... then the Rays win the Division and will host the Central Division champion.

Archived