Pitt game may be empty...

ZeroBullChip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Whiskeyboarder, you made your post look like I wrote that and it was jd77.

I still don't see how I'm an embarassment to this community.  Or how I'm sticking my middle finger at Tampa Bay.  Ironically, I was flipped off by a Rays because I had a Yankees sticker on the back of my car, and I was just driving with 3 small cousins in the back of the car.  Classy.

To be honest it was not my decision to move here, I was underage when my mom decided to move to FL and I'm finally used to FL now.  I have nothing against the Rays, but at the same time I will not pretend I'm a fan because I am not.  What you're saying is that I and everyone else that grew up somewhere else should turn into a bandwagon fan.  No thanks, I think I'll pass.  I rather root for my Yankees, whom I knew were not going to make the playoffs since before the season started.  I rather keep my memories of driving around banging pots and pans along with all of NYC when the Yankees won their WS during the Golden Years.  And I'd rather go ahead and support the team that I have been a fan of for 15+ years now.  I'd rather be a true fan supporting my team through think and thin no matter where from then pretend to be the fan of the current hot team.

I hope you have fun listening to the city of Tampa bang pots and pans when we take home the WS this year. I hope you take no part in any of the enjoyment this city will experience, and I hope you sit there in your little Yankee hat and reminisce about your days in trash infested NYC.

And sorry about flicking you off the other day.

Go Rays - Screw off bandwagon Yankee / Sux fans

BTW Jd, I'm DRays07 on raysbb.com

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307

I hope you have fun listening to the city of Tampa bang pots and pans when we take home the WS this year. I hope you take no part in any of the enjoyment this city will experience, and I hope you sit there in your little Yankee hat and reminisce about your days in trash infested NYC.

To be honest IF you guys win the WS I'd be happy for the Rays.  I mentioned before that I have NOTHING against them, they just are not my team.

And you're talking about bandwagon Yankees/Boston fans?  Do you know where you live?  75% of your fan base was not there last year and probably will not be there if Tampa does bad again next year.

I don't get how you guys are angry that real fans would rather support the team they grew up rooting for.  If someone was to move to a different state would they have to support the local college team?  Answer is no.  People are bound to their university just like people are bound to the team they grew up with.

• Content Count:  574

College is completely different. That is your school.  You actually went there and have a vested interest in your school doing well.

Pro sports are about the cities they represent.  Unless you played for or have a family member in the organization then you have zero ties to that team.  The players change year in and year out.  Did you hate Roger Clemens and then love him? Did you hate Johnny Damon and then love him?

Completely different scenario between college and pro.

Keep having your stupid Yankee sticker on your car and keep getting flicked off.  Try moving to Boston and doing that kind of stupid crap.  Your window would get smashed in.  Its completely disrespectful to this city to be boasting a rival city's team logo on your car. 

• Content Count:  473

Pro sports are about the cities they represent. Unless you played for or have a family member in the organization then you have zero ties to that team. The players change year in and year out. Did you hate Roger Clemens and then love him? Did you hate Johnny Damon and then love him?

I hate to keep chiming into an argument that really isnt mine, but I feel obligated as I feel insulted each time this individual posts.

Your suggestions would all ring true, if only everyone else lived in the same lonely vacuum of a world as you. Maybe you dont have family and friends, but I do. And, surely, some Tampa Yankee and Red Sox fans do too.   I will admit, it is rare that a Philadelphia team wins a meaningful game. But after the few times that they have, I have been showered with phone calls, emails, text and instant messages from the friends and families that I left back in that area. Despite physical separation, I am still a member of the Philly community. Perhaps, you dont understand?

I agree with another poster when I say that I am happy for the Rays and their success. My team is from the NL. Id rather the Rays win than either the Sox or the Yankees. That being the case, I am not going to cheer for the Rays just because I am here temporarily, no matter the reason for my current residency, college or otherwise.

And, likewise, I am going to be a part of MY community VICARIOUSLY when Philly finally clinches a championship. Sorry if I am a temporary stain on YOURS.

Should I point out to JD that the Rays don't play in my city (Tampa) so I don't have to root for the Rays.... ::) ::) ::)

Let it go, man.  I am not a baseball fan at all, so if the Rays left town tomorrow I could care less.  What does that make me?

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Should I point out to JD that the Rays don't play in my city (Tampa) so I don't have to root for the Rays.... ::) ::) ::)

Let it go, man.  I am not a baseball fan at all, so if the Rays left town tomorrow I could care less.  What does that make me?

What he said!!!!!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

That would make you a no-civic-pride-having a**hole apparently

With the Rays losing tonight, the Angels clinched the best record in the American League.

But... the rule says:

The AL club with the best record will make its selection no later than one hour following the completion of any game that finalizes which club will have the best record in the regular season or finalizes the matchups in the Division Series, whichever is later.

So the Rays may not know when they are playing until after the Central Division winner is announced.

The Red Sox are losing to the Yankees ... but they are in a rain-delayed top of the 5th inning.

• Content Count:  5,594
  • Days Won:  3

Whiskeyboarder, you made your post look like I wrote that and it was jd77.

I still don't see how I'm an embarassment to this community.  Or how I'm sticking my middle finger at Tampa Bay.  Ironically, I was flipped off by a Rays because I had a Yankees sticker on the back of my car, and I was just driving with 3 small cousins in the back of the car.  Classy.

To be honest it was not my decision to move here, I was underage when my mom decided to move to FL and I'm finally used to FL now.  I have nothing against the Rays, but at the same time I will not pretend I'm a fan because I am not.  What you're saying is that I and everyone else that grew up somewhere else should turn into a bandwagon fan.  No thanks, I think I'll pass.  I rather root for my Yankees, whom I knew were not going to make the playoffs since before the season started.  I rather keep my memories of driving around banging pots and pans along with all of NYC when the Yankees won their WS during the Golden Years.  And I'd rather go ahead and support the team that I have been a fan of for 15+ years now.  I'd rather be a true fan supporting my team through think and thin no matter where from then pretend to be the fan of the current hot team.

Why does it seem like every Rays fan thinks that all Yankee or Red Sox that live in the Tampa Bay fans are bandwagoners?  My guess is jealousy.  I'm a big Red Sox fan, I don't have much of an alliance other than my family has always been red sox fans, other than my dad.  So why should I be a Rays fan?  I've never routed for then, if anything it shows that I', not a bandwagoner since I haven't flip flopped to the Rays.

Oh well.

• Content Count:  3,827

Real Bulls fans will be at Ray Jay

1st Playoff game in franchise history?  Yeah, send me a text on the USF score, cause i'll be eating peanuts and cracker jacks buddy.

Archived