All You Gachette Fans:  Your Time Has Come

BullWriter

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,271
  • Days Won:  29

I would say time to look to the future if Gachette is ready ... if PJ opens a big lead, would like to see Gachette come in ... we need more experience at QB for 2005 and especially with the 3 new QB's ... feel real good atleast about Grothe ...

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Louis has a death in family per the Trib.  My prayers & condolences go out to Louis.  He'll miss the rest of the week.  There goes those extra reps.  :(  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I beleive he's already gotten a lot of htose extra reps this week.

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I say we bring in Severino!!!   ;)

Guest HowieP1

In a pinch we could bring in David Mullins:

Junior

Position: LB

6-03, 220

Jacksonville, Fla./Bolles HS

Spent two seasons as a backup quarterback and then moved to defensive back in Spring 2004…Has since moved to linebacker and could also be a key special teams player.

SOUTH FLORIDA – 2003: Did not see any action as a backup quarterback.

2002: Saw late game action vs. Florida Atlantics (Aug. 29) and vs. Charleston Southern (Nov. 2).

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I say don't bring in the freshman until it has been proven that Julmist has no more upside and isn't taking us anywhere. Right now we're 2-2 and I'm not ready to say that the main reason we lost those two games was because of the QB.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

You can't scrap the season yet, keep his red shirt on.  He can get plenty of reps in practice, no its not game situation but untill we lose are 5th game and won't most likely go to a bowl then keep PJ in.  I would rather have Gachette be ready to step in next year if need be, remember RB "The Tree" has not been the same since last years TCU game except his roots are even deeper in the ground.  But I still say RB's problem is JL, JL should have changed his formations to suit the QB.  Just like we are doing now with PJ, if you pull PJ then he will be worthless next year!!!

Guest HowieP1

I'm not sure if anybody is giving up on PJ. It's just that we need some back-ups who can step in and play if needed.

USF is not the only one having a QB problem at the moment:

Seminoles on verge of quarterback crisis

Published October 07. 2004 7:30AM

The Associated Press

The rich don't always get richer. When four-year starter Chris Rix was injured earlier this season, the Seminoles plugged in sophomore Wyatt Sexton, who has led the Seminoles to consecutive victories.

So far, so good.

True freshman Drew Weatherford was installed as the No. 2 man but after Bobby Bowden called a naked bootleg on his first collegiate play, Weatherford was left with a sprained ankle and No. 8 Florida State was left with just one healthy quarterback entering a road trip to Syracuse on Saturday.

"We will take Rix with us," Bowden said in Wednesday's ACC conference call. "If Sexton stays healthy, everything will be fine. If he was injured and the game was secure we could put Rix in to hand off the ball. That's all he can do."

Otherwise, Bowden will be faced with using another true freshman, redshirt Xavier Lee, or walk-on sophomore Tommy Keane.

"We don't want to waste a redshirt year on Lee if we can help it," Bowden said. "We will see about Weatherford today (Wednesday) in practice. We may have to go with Keane, who is a pretty good little old quarterback."

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

The idea of a redshirt is to let a player have an extra year to develope and learn the system.  UM does this all of the time that is why their senior classes are so good and get drafted in the first round, they have 5 years of experience.  If Gachette is that good I would like to have him for 4 years of BE football not 3, if they can make an impact in the BE then we will get more recruits which will help long term.