Wolfpack Fan Here

WolfpackFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

The Car Crap Bowl was a great time.

It is unfortunate we had to mark our 100th game with our first goose egg.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

Hello Bulls fans.  I posted on this board way back when our teams met in that thrilling  ::) Meineke Bowl back in '05.  Just wanted to drop back in since our teams are facing off again this weekend.  I must say that I was impressed with your fanbase back then in terms of their knowledge of the game, and even more impressed with the progression on the field you guys have made since we met back in '05. 

I was at that bowl game in Charlotte, and I'm sad to say that NC State's offense hasn't progressed much (if at all) since that game.  We did score 30 in an OT win vs. East Carolina today, but it has not been pretty for much of the season.  Our defense no longer has a Mario Williams on it, so needless to say we're in a re-building process right now.  The East Carolina wins gives us some hope, but USF will undoubtedly come in as the favored team.

I haven't been able to watch any Bulls games this season, so I was wondering if someone could give me a summary of what to expect in Raleigh next Saturday.  Thanks and looking forward to a good game.

it will be a tough game i am afraid

our offense has no consistency

• Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

Wolfpack Fan, welcome.  It will be fun kicking the living **** out of you guys.  After all, we owe you guys a beat down from the Car Care Bowl.  So, have fun on the board.  Between the lines you guys won't be able to hide.............   

Yeah, there is the lovely USF fan coming out.  And we wonder why there are so many problems around RJS?  Geesh, the guy comes over, says good luck, and this is what he gets in return.  I am from Philly originally, and know what die hard, jerk fans are like.  Hell, we beat Santa down with snowballs one year.  I am not proud of that, and I just feel like so much of our fanbase is getting the same way.  We need to learn to be college football fans.  There is a way to support your team without being an A$$ to the opposing fans.

While I think he might have only meant it all in good fun, we should give N.C. State some slack.  They saved us all from the possibility of a BCS bowl with Putrid Purple Pirates in it.  :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,019
  • Days Won:  109

Thanks for the welcome.  Just curious on how many USF fans y'all are predicting to make the trip.  Carter-Finley seats less than 60,000 and is not a new stadium, but there have been millions spent on renovations since the Chuck Amato era.  It's not up there with the noise you'll see at Clemson, Virginia Tech or FSU, but would probably rank 4th or 5th in loudness in the ACC.

And I would bet my car that you guys don't repeat the goose egg we saw at the Car Care Bowl back in '05.  On the other hand, I'm not sure NCSU can score 13 points again.  :-\

WPF, before we go snooping around the Carter-Finley website, maybe you can help us out.  Are there bleachers or seats in the stadium?  And, if bleachers, are you allowed to bring in seat cushions?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to coming up to Raleigh.

• Content Count:  45

Thanks for the welcome.  Just curious on how many USF fans y'all are predicting to make the trip.  Carter-Finley seats less than 60,000 and is not a new stadium, but there have been millions spent on renovations since the Chuck Amato era.  It's not up there with the noise you'll see at Clemson, Virginia Tech or FSU, but would probably rank 4th or 5th in loudness in the ACC.

And I would bet my car that you guys don't repeat the goose egg we saw at the Car Care Bowl back in '05.  On the other hand, I'm not sure NCSU can score 13 points again.  :-\

WPF, before we go snooping around the Carter-Finley website, maybe you can help us out.  Are there bleachers or seats in the stadium?  And, if bleachers, are you allowed to bring in seat cushions?

It's bleachers for the most part but they did begin installing seatbacks in the offseason.  I haven't been to a game at C-F this year yet but I would doubt yours have backs just based on how many I hear they got to.  And yes, seat cushions are allowed inside.  Have a safe trip up I-95.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,019
  • Days Won:  109

It's bleachers for the most part but they did begin installing seatbacks in the offseason.  I haven't been to a game at C-F this year yet but I would doubt yours have backs just based on how many I hear they got to.  And yes, seat cushions are allowed inside.  Have a safe trip up I-95.

Thanks much.  Since we are heading up on Thursday looks like a slow, wet drive.  See what you can do about improving the weather forecast for us.  :D

• Content Count:  19,532
  • Days Won:  24

I don't see anything wrong with what he typed..

There you go.

• Content Count:  4,642

I'll be there with USFKT and JPMVP2004.  There are 7 people in our group.

• Content Count:  8,215
  • Days Won:  8

Born and raised in Florida, with 2 degrees from USF, I can honestly say that I hope we beat the living hell out of NC State on the field (or just "State" as they're called here).  But I can also honestly say that these are classy fans who will not only be good hosts, but good sports....when they lose.  Whenever our Bulls AREN'T playing them, I root for the Pack here in NC.  You will be welcomed in the spirit of good sportsmanship in Raleigh, Bulls.

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Born and raised in Florida, with 2 degrees from USF, I can honestly say that I hope we beat the living hell out of NC State on the field (or just "State" as they're called here).  But I can also honestly say that these are classy fans who will not only be good hosts, but good sports....when they lose.  Whenever our Bulls AREN'T playing them, I root for the Pack here in NC.  You will be welcomed in the spirit of good sportsmanship in Raleigh, Bulls.

NC - welcome aboard, unfortunately, I can't make the trip up this weekend. If you get a chance though, these Florida guys and gals around here need to get some good NC BBQ, can you stop by the road trip board and make a recommendation for a good spot.

As for the game, should be a great atmosphere, Raleigh is a great town.

Archived