FOR those watching from home tonight

sdgukhsdgl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Of course we are getting biased calls against USF because we are leaving to the BIG EAST. I knew going into this season that USF, UC, and UL will get alot of bad calls. I am so glad that we have only 6 more games left in C-USA. Also, we have just 3 more games against the remaining C-USA teams in UAB, Memphis, and ECU. Those three games will really show how biased the C-USA officials are which is understandable since they are looking out for theirselves in the long run. Noway does C-USA let UL, USF, or UC go to the LIBERTY BOWL. They need to keep USM undefeated to keep UL out IMO.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sdgukhsdgl

• smazza

• Bull Matrix

• Jim Johnson

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

stop with the bad calls

we are the most penalized eam in the nation

louisville is killing its opponents so bad calls don't hurt them

we are an average team at best

if PJ hits open receivers usf wins and not USM dbs

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Are you kidding me?!

Do you guys honestly think the REFEREES have a pow-wow before the game and decide to make calls on us based on our moving to the Big East?!

That's just retarded. I'm sorry, but..............wow.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

if PJ hits open receivers usf wins and not USM dbs

You're right, smazza, only problem we have is at qb .............. so quit whining about the freaking talent already!!    8)

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Our talent is up in the top tier for C-USA in case you didnt know. We are just a very young team that will get better. Dont forget that Julmiste is only a Sophmore QB that did not throw the ball much in HS. He will be ok because he is a fighter. He has a hell of a gun and he can run, so we need to keep faith in Pat Julmiste. The thing that has always killed our program is the penalties. That all comes down to coaching. Right now, USF needs to focus on not committing penalties. There are no excuses to have substitution penalties on 3rd and short.

As for anyone not thinking C-USA arent going to be biased, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Ask yourself why C-USA would want UL,UC, or USF going to the LIBERTY BOWL? I can tell you this. Last season the calls were very biased in favor of UAB when we played them. Anyone at that game should know. The officials were lucky to escape that game alive. The call for pass interference was a bad call whether it was biased or not. That was the ball game.

Guest Unsolvable_Riddle
Are you kidding me?!

Do you guys honestly think the REFEREES have a pow-wow before the game and decide to make calls on us based on our moving to the Big East?!

Guest Unsolvable_Riddle

Sorry, technical error.

Are you kidding me?!

It amazes me how many times this board erupts with conspiracy theories and laments about "bad" calls. The sad truth is that we have been and apparently under Jim Leavitt will always be a penalty prone team. Leavitt teaches his players to be aggresive and thats great but he doesn't have a plan/policy in place to make them accountable when they cross the line. Bench somebody when they get flagged and it cost the team the game. If they blew a play that cost the game you would at least consider move them down on the depth chart.

Instead he prances and whines about the officiating on the sideline like a clown. What kind of example is that setting for his players?

Blaming the officials for what is obviously a team problem is just another part of the problem (IMHO).

How many headlines like this can we expect in the future?

Bulls Again Done In By Penalties, Miscues

By BRETT McMURPHY

bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: Oct 3, 2004

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBVROWOUZD.html

My guess is 1-2/year until Leavitt changes philosophy or jobs.

Guest Caption_Contest?
sfla-leavitt-121202.jpg

Real: South Florida coach Jim Leavitt complains to an official earlier in the year.

Mine: C'MON!! TOO MANY?!! Well I guess it all depends on what your definition of "eleven" is.

www.collegesports.com/.../ stories/121202aau.html

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,527

Of course we are getting biased calls against USF because we are leaving to the BIG EAST. I knew going into this season that USF, UC, and UL will get alot of bad calls. I am so glad that we have only 6 more games left in C-USA. Also, we have just 3 more games against the remaining C-USA teams in UAB, Memphis, and ECU. Those three games will really show how biased the C-USA officials are which is understandable since they are looking out for theirselves in the long run. Noway does C-USA let UL, USF, or UC go to the LIBERTY BOWL. They need to keep USM undefeated to keep UL out IMO.

Take off your tin-foil hat and stop the conspiracy theories.

If you apply that logic, then next year the Big East refs will have it in for us because we will be the FNG.

Bad calls all around; we just got more of them.