Painful to watch

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

very painful

I had a choice between going to the game and getting an enema.  I think I made the wrong choice.

At least some hot blonde wearing a white mini-skirt walked by durring the 3rd quarter.  That was the only thing that got me excited at the game last night.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

something about the" hot blonde wearing a white mini-skirt " and an enema i find intriguing

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

the playcalling!

1st and goal on the 2 and you run an option

(hall 4yds per)

i would not be disapointted if we had run the ball three times and kicked a FG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

If you haven't figured out that smazza will blame anyone he can anytime USF loses in anything, you just haven't been paying attention. The worst part of losing is having to read his flurry of doomsday threads when we lose.

Take that any way you want Steve but you know it is true. You seem to enjoy a loss more so than a win since it gives you the ammo to fire away at anyone you want to that is associated with USF. Your glass is perpetually half-empty when it comes to USF IMO.

Think about it this way-- we were something like an 8.5 point underdogs in the game. We beat that spread-- a moral victory perhaps-- but it does show that our team at the least showed up to make it close. We had lots of opportunities to win. But if you choose to look at everything as being doom and gloom-- so be it. Had we won the game-- do you think anyone would have been so down on the team? Hell no. The last time we hosted USM, we made just as many mistakes if not more. But we pulled that one out barely and suddenly everyone talks about what a great win it was. There is a fine line to doing what is acceptable to some "fans".

EDIT

-- Steve Mazza-- do not take this as a personal attack. I am also referring to other fans who suddenly show up any time the tide turns against USF. You are by no means alone in this task and some posters simply love to talk about the negatives of our program. Those same people are much less likely to talk about what is going right. I can only imagine how many of the posters who love to use the old "Shankiago" term are just dying to throw that one out this year when he finally misses a kick that is important. So far, he has done well except for some fairly long FG attempts (perfect on extra points I believe). But hopefully you understand what I am referring to -- there are certain players, coaches, etc that certain posters can't wait to ***** about when the opportunity arises. Last week-- Julmiste had a great game for the most part and was instrumental to that victory. He wasn't perfect by any means but without a loss to provide the proper back story to why "so and so sucks"-- that post doesn't get made. The penalty issue seems immune to this however and has been a fan favorite when it comes to beating down the Bulls (and perhaps rightfully so as we have to get that under control-- somehow). Anyway-- I appreciate it when you don't just throw out a comment like-- "where is the talent" without adding some sort of commentary to back it up. When I think about the talent-- I think about the progress SJ Green has made this year-- he has done great compared to last year. Others have also had their moments and I find more people willing to talk about what is wrong with this program and ignore those things that are going right. Short of the handful of holding penalties (or what was called a penalty) on the offensive line-- they have done the job this year. They can't pass the ball though-- they can only give protection to our QB. As a team sport-- any number of items can derail a team. Our problem isn't always a consistent one that can be pointed to (some might argue the QB is the only problem) and when the offense is clicking-- their are no visible problems to be found. But one weak link on any given play can cause a breakdown. That is a performance issue no doubt and something we need to get better at-- something that may only get better via experience/time. So the talent can be there-- but without the experience, it can be nullified. Lastly-- comparing USF with USC is beyond ridiculous. We do not get the talent level they have-- they are the best or one of the best teams in the country. When someone says we have great talent-- they are not saying we have Miami talent-- but we have CUSA/Big East level talent. That isn't the greatest or even equivalent to SEC talent. But the trend is upward and as we grow, so does our recruiting and talent level. The key is having the patience to understand that every game is just another step on our path to getting to the top of the food chain. The leaps we took early on were far easier to achieve than the ones as we get close to the top level. It is the law of diminishing returns in full effect. We truly are in a baby steps type of scenario IMO. There will be plenty of disappointment along the way peppered with times of joy. If it were easy to do, wouldn't all the other schools be able to do it, afterall?

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

If you haven't figured out that smazza will blame anyone he can anytime USF loses in anything, you just haven't been paying attention. The worst part of losing is having to read his flurry of doomsday threads when we lose.

Take that any way you want Steve but you know it is true. You seem to enjoy a loss more so than a win since it gives you the ammo to fire away at anyone you want to that is associated with USF. Your glass is perpetually half-empty when it comes to USF IMO.

Think about it this way-- we were something like an 8.5 point underdogs in the game. We beat that spread-- a moral victory perhaps-- but it does show that our team at the least showed up to make it close. We had lots of opportunities to win. But if you choose to look at everything as being doom and gloom-- so be it. Had we won the game-- do you think anyone would have been so down on the team? Hell no. The last time we hosted USM, we made just as many mistakes if not more. But we pulled that one out barely and suddenly everyone talks about what a great win it was. There is a fine line to doing what is acceptable to some "fans".

EDIT

-- Steve Mazza-- do not take this as a personal attack. I am also referring to other fans who suddenly show up any time the tide turns against USF. You are by no means alone in this task and some posters simply love to talk about the negatives of our program. Those same people are much less likely to talk about what is going right. I can only imagine how many of the posters who love to use the old "Shankiago" term are just dying to throw that one out this year when he finally misses a kick that is important. So far, he has done well except for some fairly long FG attempts (perfect on extra points I believe). But hopefully you understand what I am referring to -- there are certain players, coaches, etc that certain posters can't wait to ***** about when the opportunity arises. Last week-- Julmiste had a great game for the most part and was instrumental to that victory. He wasn't perfect by any means but without a loss to provide the proper back story to why "so and so sucks"-- that post doesn't get made. The penalty issue seems immune to this however and has been a fan favorite when it comes to beating down the Bulls (and perhaps rightfully so as we have to get that under control-- somehow). Anyway-- I appreciate it when you don't just throw out a comment like-- "where is the talent" without adding some sort of commentary to back it up. When I think about the talent-- I think about the progress SJ Green has made this year-- he has done great compared to last year. Others have also had their moments and I find more people willing to talk about what is wrong with this program and ignore those things that are going right. Short of the handful of holding penalties (or what was called a penalty) on the offensive line-- they have done the job this year. They can't pass the ball though-- they can only give protection to our QB. As a team sport-- any number of items can derail a team. Our problem isn't always a consistent one that can be pointed to (some might argue the QB is the only problem) and when the offense is clicking-- their are no visible problems to be found. But one weak link on any given play can cause a breakdown. That is a performance issue no doubt and something we need to get better at-- something that may only get better via experience/time. So the talent can be there-- but without the experience, it can be nullified. Lastly-- comparing USF with USC is beyond ridiculous. We do not get the talent level they have-- they are the best or one of the best teams in the country. When someone says we have great talent-- they are not saying we have Miami talent-- but we have CUSA/Big East level talent. That isn't the greatest or even equivalent to SEC talent. But the trend is upward and as we grow, so does our recruiting and talent level. The key is having the patience to understand that every game is just another step on our path to getting to the top of the food chain. The leaps we took early on were far easier to achieve than the ones as we get close to the top level. It is the law of diminishing returns in full effect. We truly are in a baby steps type of scenario IMO. There will be plenty of disappointment along the way peppered with times of joy. If it were easy to do, wouldn't all the other schools be able to do it, afterall?

It's funny how tells us to be objective yet mentions USC in the same breath with USF. We could hardly stay on the field with South Carolina nevermind the real USC.

There is a lot of young talent on this team but it takes time for them to become good college football players, b/c last time I check I didn't many USC (the real USC) recruits mention us on  in their Top5.

sorry smazza you are way off base...

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I think smazza is probably the most objective poster on these boards...

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

mikeg and cb- i like you both

bshoop- it is hard to be critical here because of the passion the fellas have for their bulls and i understand that

let us hope for a great all around game against army

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

I think the bulls will have a great game against Army. Hopefully the penalties and mistakes will stop soon.