well its official. Alvardo is out at FG kicker

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,789
  • Days Won:  9

I wish Bonani well.  Don't go booing him when he misses though.  We only have so many kickers.  I hate to say it but, my guess is Delbert will win back the position eventually.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

[glow=red,2,300]WHERE IS SMAZZA??[/glow]

• Content Count:  4,642

this will be good.  alvarado is a great punter and shouldnt have to handle both duties.  he was brought in as a punter and that's what he should do.  bonani was brought in as a kicker and that's what he should do.  great experience in a high profile game to get him ready for conference play.  should be great to see him develop.

Guest BasketBull.

Per Greg Auman

October 04, 2007

Lake Wales kicker commits to Bulls

USF continues to make special teams a priority in its recruiting efforts, picking up their 11th commitment of the season on Wednesday from Lake Wales kicker Maikon Bonani.

"He's the best kicker I've ever been around," Lake Wales coach Rod Shafer said. "When we cross the 50, we feel like we're in field goal range. He hit a 57-yarder last year against Sarasota Booker, and he hits one from 62 every day in practice."

Bonani, a first-team all-state selection last season, gives USF two commitments from kickers, along with Winter Springs punter Justin Brockhaus-Kann. Bonani was being recruited by Michigan and Alabama and had an offer from Central Florida before committed to the Bulls on Wednesday.

Shafer said Bonani should be Lake Wales' valedictorian this spring, with a 4.25 grade-point average. "Never had a B," said Shafer, noting that Bonani is also Lake Wales' top tennis and soccer player as well.

Bonani was born in Brazil, where his father played soccer professionally, and he didn't start playing American football until he was a sophomore at Lake Wales. Bonani averages 43 yards on punts this season and consistently puts kickoffs into the end zone. His dream had been to play at Florida, but Shafer said the Gators only have 17 scholarships available and already had a kicker committed.

With the addition of Bonani and Brockhaus-Kann, USF will have four kickers or punters on scholarship next season, joining returning kickers Delbert Alvarado and Justin Teachey.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Content Count:  2,461

Nice. Let's see what he can do come GAME TIME. I'm excited to see the kid.

It will be a close one, we'll need him this Friday.

I'll act like I didn't read that UF garbage.

• Content Count:  1,297

change is good.  alverado is one hell of a punter and should focus on his talents there.

bonani might be good but it may take some time.  let's not chew this guy up the moment he misses a couple of field goals. 

will be interesting to see what he can do.  best of luck.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,067
  • Days Won:  488

[glow=red,2,300]WHERE IS SMAZZA??[/glow]

he's trying to figure out if he should type

"two late"

or

"too late"

Vive la Bonani!

• Content Count:  1,528

time for a change. Delbert had his opportunity. Glad to see Leavitt moving on. 1-4 is unacceptable. We cannot compete with that.

I think the Bulls fans will all back Bonani. I hope he gets some early shots a field goals in the 1st quarter or some PATs to get his feet wet.

• Content Count:  2,307

Nice. Let's see what he can do come GAME TIME. I'm excited to see the kid.

It will be a close one, we'll need him this Friday.

I'll act like I didn't read that UF garbage.

Haha, I was excited till I got to the UF part.  I will also act like I didn't read it.

• Content Count:  10,280
  • Days Won:  2

He most likely won't be much better than Alvardo at this time but I think he could be good down the road.

Archived